British Politics

Gracii Guns

54 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Clearly doesn't affect you on a daily basis nor would repealing it tomorrow make your life any better.

I am sure my life would have been different if our fisheries were not destroyed by the EC/EU; it would have had a positive repercussion on continued urban prosperity and local businesses. Now our coastal communities are dilapidated. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am sure my life would have been different if our fisheries were not destroyed by the EC/EU; it would have had a positive repercussion on continued urban prosperity and local businesses. Now our coastal communities are dilapidated. 

But you still don't demonstrate how the current course of action today makes things better. That's the whole point. You're pissed about something that happened decades ago that won't be reversed by making things worse today.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

But you still don't demonstrate how the current course of action today makes things better. That's the whole point. You're pissed about something that happened decades ago that won't be reversed by making things worse today.

I am not ''pissed'' about anything. I merely see the eradication of the Common Fisheries Policy, and the removal of European jurisprudence and governance from the United Kingdom as beneficial for the United Kingdom. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am not ''pissed'' about anything. I merely see the eradication of the Common Fisheries Policy, and the removal of European jurisprudence and governance from the United Kingdom as beneficial for the United Kingdom. 

That wasn’t the question I asked of you though. 

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

The irony here is of course that in the trade deal with the EU (that is being negotiated), EU may end up keeping their access to Britain's fish stocks. 

True, I read the EU could get  some access. But now I'm worried about the mess created by this new virus mutation :no:

Edited by Padme

The ironic thing is this,

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

Name one EU regulation that causes you personal grief on a daily basis and how leaving it up to Boris over Brussels will improve your lot?

Is from someone who spends all their time moaning about an elected leader of a foreign polity! 

• Like 1

Well your chaps have just rejected a deal of 30% (of territorial waters) - which I find, Britain offering such, utterly scandalous but irrespective - so you'll be blaming Britain for that no doubt?

Breaking news.

PS

Although Number 10 are saying differently, so who knows?

Edited by DieselDaisy

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What has that got to do with Brexit?

Macron's basically making the point that this is what we have to look forward to if he doesn't get his way.

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well your chaps have just rejected a deal of 30% (of territorial waters) - which I find, Britain offering such, utterly scandalous 

Why do you find it scandalous? The EU are basically offering 100% of the single market in return.

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Macron's basically making the point that this is what we have to look forward to if he doesn't get his way.

Many of them are French lorry drivers, so he is hurting his own people also - and I see rumblings from the French trade unions on this: https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1375073/France-news-border-freight-lorry-latest-emmanuel-macron-covid-new-strain-uk-travel-update.

Referring specifically to the remoaner drivel you posted,

A. The United Kingdom is not, and never has been, a member of the Schengen Area.

B. The European Union has not banned freight into the United Kingdom. France (bilaterally) has. In fact the EU Commission has just stipulated the very reverse,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/22/travel-ban-uk-countries-news-restrictions-border-tier-4/

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Many of them are French lorry drivers, so he is hurting his own people also - and I see rumblings from the French trade unions on this: https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1375073/France-news-border-freight-lorry-latest-emmanuel-macron-covid-new-strain-uk-travel-update.

Referring specifically to the remoaner drivel you posted,

A. The United Kingdom is not, and never has been, a member of the Schengen Area.

B. The European Union has not banned freight into the United Kingdom. France (bilaterally) has. In fact the EU Commission has just stipulated the very reverse,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/22/travel-ban-uk-countries-news-restrictions-border-tier-4/

James O'Brien getting it spot on as usual.

Edited by Dazey

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, you basically turned me down, so now that ship has sailed and I don't want anything to do with you or your country anymore.

You weren't saying that in 1944?

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Does "Chat up" mean something different there, or do you have sweaty thighs for Evan?

It was basically a re-enactment of the Jaws scar scene involving national sporting posturing.