British Politics

Gracii Guns

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hes a fuckin' Bennite, he was that way before Trump surely?

Long history of Corbyn giving speeches against even his own party from Iraq to before. I'm not suggesting he should be PM, but at least his voting record is consistent.

...And if anyone think he's changed over the years;

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Long history of Corbyn giving speeches against even his own party from Iraq to before. I'm not suggesting he should be PM, but at least his voting record is consistent.

...And if anyone think he's changed over the years;

Loved his support for the IRA too. 

Edited by Dazey

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Loved his support for the IRA too. :rollseyes:

...And in the interest of balance; do you love that chemicals used for chemical weapons were sold by the UK under both Thatcher's and Cameron's governments. Before getting into what Saudia Arabia are up to with what May's selling them?

Also chums with Castro and Chavez. Also boned Diane Abbot which is perhaps the most disturbing of all!! Irrespective, the most pertinent crime against Corbyn is actually is complete and utter ineffectualness; he will almost certainly lead Labour to the blink of oblivion in June.

I got some Labour junk in the letterbox this morning!

PS

Incidentally, just picking off on the Good Friday Agreement,

Paisley%20McCallan%20McGuinness.jpg

Ireland's openers! You can just picture it, can't you? McGuinness driving goes for a cheeky single to which Paisley shouts ''no, no, no, no...''. Paisley (deliberately?) runs out McGuinness for which McGuinness, whence back in the Pavilion, leaves a bomb in Paisley's (orange) kit bag.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I've been trying to forget it since I read about it! Same with Major and Edwina Currie; to think, Spitting Image had him this grey and boring bloke, eating the peas from the dinner plate with Norma, ''peas are nice Norma'', and all the time in office he was rogering Edwina.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I designed Green Party letterbox spam lately. Easy clients to work with, paid quickly. Some of the content was tenuously relevant, but was impressed by their candidate.

There's a kinda sweet irony to the Green Party wasting loads of paper shoving a bunch of shite through people's doors that's just going straight in the bin. I made a point of chucking their leaflet in the non recycling. ?

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

There's a kinda sweet of the Green Party using loads of paper in the digital age, shoving a bunch of well-designed shite through people's doors, keeping printers throughout the land employed. I made a point of framing their leaflet in my living room, because it was so beautiful . ?

Fixed it. :P 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

So yeah, Conservatives are probably going to stay in power right? I mean I haven't met a single Brit on the internet that doesn't hate the Conservative Party yet they keep on winning elections. Just like our Republicans.

You have to take into consideration about 35% possible voters do not even bother voting. (In 2001 a whopping 40% didn't vote!) This will certainly increase further this time as political inundation and voter apathy steps in. In a quite concentrated time frame, the United Kingdom has seen a Scottish referendum (2014), a general election (2015), a EU referendum (2016) and now we have another general election! Most people's opinion on another election is best exemplified by this lady here, Brenda from Bristol,

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

So yeah, Conservatives are probably going to stay in power right? I mean I haven't met a single Brit on the internet that doesn't hate the Conservative Party yet they keep on winning elections. Just like our Republicans.

Multi party parliamentary system means you don't need anywhere near a majority to get absolute power. 2/3 of people that voted didn't vote for them in 2015.

Alot safe seats too, like US. Alot of people that keeping voting for the same party regardless.

Then factor in the fact that almost all our newspapers (well all the ones people actually read) are Fox news a-fied. There's Murdoch's media empire, their's the Telegraph (which is the news paper of the Tories), then their's the Daily Mail which literally endorsed Adolf Hitler and probably still would have had we not went to war with Germany, Express which is like more like info wars only obsessed with Princess Dianna and a little girl that went missing a long time ago. 

On 4/19/2017 at 9:18 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I have my copy primed and ready to go (for the bus I'll be getting in circa one hour) haha.

C9ux_WqXYAA7IAz.jpg

17 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Multi party parliamentary system means you don't need anywhere near a majority to get absolute power. 2/3 of people that voted didn't vote for them in 2015.

Alot safe seats too, like US. Alot of people that keeping voting for the same party regardless.

Then factor in the fact that almost all our newspapers (well all the ones people actually read) are Fox news a-fied. There's Murdoch's media empire, their's the Telegraph (which is the news paper of the Tories), then their's the Daily Mail which literally endorsed Adolf Hitler and probably still would have had we not went to war with Germany, Express which is like more like info wars only obsessed with Princess Dianna and a little girl that went missing a long time ago. 

C9ux_WqXYAA7IAz.jpg

You do realise that The Guardian opposed the NHS and the creation of the welfare state, supporting a sort of Malthusian population cull? They do not often speak of those times now.

First of all I don't read the Guardian, 2nd of all more 10x the number of people in the country read The Sun/Daily Mail daily than read The Guardian.

The Guardian is one of lower read daily newspapers in the country. You've mentioned it more over the past few months than anyone else.

...And if you're correct on that comment, how is that defense of the media that is running the country?

Edited by AtariLegend

40 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

First of all I don't read the Guardian, 2nd of all more 10x the number of people in the country read The Sun/Daily Mail daily than read The Guardian.

The Guardian is one of lower read daily newspapers in the country. You've mentioned it more over the past few months than anyone else.

...And if you're correct on that comment, how is that defense of the media that is running the country?

But I do not even agree with your assessment of the media. I was replying to your citation of the Mail and Hitler.

If you want a left wing political rag it is there; if you want a right wing rag it is there; if you want to read Di conspiracies they are there for you; if you like a certain paper's sports coverage, it is there. If you want tits, they are there. Our media is aimed at as diverse a number of people, opinions, interest, as possible. Rather wonderful thing really.