British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Don't really know why you have posted this but,

The Conservative party has suspended two of its parliamentary candidates 

I.e., has been proactive in combating antisemitism in its ranks.

Regardless, pointing out antisemitism in Labour is not an endorsement for the Conservatives. Irrelevant. 

Smears of antisemitism have become commonplace against Marxist informed public figures for some time. Interesting to note is that in the First International antisemitism was manifest against Marxists, notably the Jewish guy Marx. His contemporary Bakunin evoked a widely held antiseptic notion of his day in suggesting that authoritarian state communism would require a central bank, with the erroneous assumption being that all central banks would be run by Jews (like just magically - as if an authoritarian anti capitalist state had no say in the matter! lol). His quotes are vile and also contested for precision, but his views amounted to the false idea that Marxism and Capitalism were two faces of a jewish conspiracy.

Id like to explore the phenomena of accusations of antisemetism in smear campaigns against marxist informed people more. When and how did this begin? One thing that comes to mind to research is how the PLO trained the US' Weather Underground and Canadas FLQ. I beleive they have also trained the IRA, but Id have to double check. Regardless WU, FLQ and IRA have trained and supported one another so the PLOs support has benefited them all. 

The PLO, like almost all liberation forces, is Marxist informed. So are elements of Kurdish forces that the US and West allied with recently. When the smear is applied and when it isn't is also of interest to me.

2 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Is that really it, or the fact that a Corbyn led government would shift British foreign policy in the middle east?

There is definite antisemitism coming from Momentum and Momentum like circles, including Jewish characters with hooked noses, something you'd see in Nazi German. It is all over the web.

PS

The big example for Corbyn's anti-zionist/capitalism/American transpiring into more overtly racist tones was this story,

nintchdbpict000394440594.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5885339/jeremy-corbyn-fury-anti-semitic-art/

Edited by DieselDaisy

There is certainly some truth in it when you have Labour MPs criticising their own party, and then there are the defections: Louise Ellman, Luciana Berger and Ara Darzi directly, as well as Joan Ryan, Gavin Shuker, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Ann Coffey, Chris Leslie, Ian Austin, Leslie Turnberg and David Triesman. That is twelve - twelve - Members of Parliament who have quit Her Majesty's Opposition, citing antisemitism as either the primary reason or one of the reasons! 

52 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is definite antisemitism coming from Momentum and Momentum like circles, including Jewish characters with hooked noses, something you'd see in Nazi German. It is all over the web.

PS

The big example for Corbyn's anti-zionist/capitalism/American transpiring into more overtly racist tones was this story,

nintchdbpict000394440594.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5885339/jeremy-corbyn-fury-anti-semitic-art/

I'm just not buying this is the actual reason media and business elites are sour on Corbyn. My view is it's his actual left/populist economic views mixed with his anti-zionist foreign policy outlook that has doomed him with the Kingmakers. This artwork is for the low info public to fight over.

24 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm just not buying this is the actual reason media and business elites are sour on Corbyn. My view is it's his actual left/populist economic views mixed with his anti-zionist foreign policy outlook that has doomed him with the Kingmakers. This artwork is for the low info public to fight over.

I don't believe he is antisemitism per se but is certainly anti-zionist/USA/capitalism, all of which can transpire into antisemitism. Momentum and certain sections of Labour are definitely antisemitic. Corbyn has failed to excise the leadership required to stamp out antisemitism, influenced by his own inclinations.

It is a bit like his stance on Brexit during the referendum? He technically campaigned for remain, but in reality you barely saw him as his own inclination is leave based on years of opposition to the EU.

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't believe he is antisemitism per se but is certainly anti-zionist/USA/capitalism, all of which can transpire into antisemitism.

hitler built his whole nazi ideology in reference to the "global international capital-jew", which in hindsight was a clever way to gain support from the common people. Millions of germans had his book in their home, and it worked. But as history has shown, that didn't stop hitler from murdering millions of jews, women and children. Hardly the people you would class under the "international capital". So his supposed fight against the "international capital" was just an excuse to kill women and children.

So whenever someone claims "I'm fighting the international capital, not the jews per se", I'm a bit sceptic.

2 hours ago, action said:

hitler built his whole nazi ideology in reference to the "global international capital-jew", which in hindsight was a clever way to gain support from the common people. Millions of germans had his book in their home, and it worked. But as history has shown, that didn't stop hitler from murdering millions of jews, women and children. Hardly the people you would class under the "international capital". So his supposed fight against the "international capital" was just an excuse to kill women and children.

So whenever someone claims "I'm fighting the international capital, not the jews per se", I'm a bit sceptic.

Yes, this certainly occurred however Hitler built his ideology on antisemitism of all facades. Jews were also affiliated - virtually synonymous in fact - with Bolshevism for instance. Jews were also seen as racial contamination of the German blood stream, and were the enemies of the Aryan race in a sort of Hegelian-Darwinian racial conflict. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Priti is incredible as is Berger... sheesh, tough crowd. :lol: Im sure we can all agree on Nandy from Labour,

nBkxirch.jpg

I'll leave Nandy to you. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, this certainly occurred however Hitler built his ideology on antisemitism of all facades. Jews were also affiliated - virtually synonymous in fact - with Bolshevism for instance. Jews were also seen as racial contamination of the German blood stream, and were the enemies of the Aryan race in a sort of Hegelian-Darwinian racial conflict. 

hitler wasn't always very coherent or clear on his motivations, but it's my understanding that hitler argued that communism was the work of karl marx (a jew) and a conspiracy of the "international jew-capital" to rule the world. likewise, hitler thought of the USA as a conspiracy of the "international capital jew" too.

he linked this to race too for some reason. hitler was not sincere nor making sense, and in fact betrayed his own ideals of battling the world domination by world banks. because, if your concern is the growing grip of the capital on world affairs, why did women and children have to die?

Edited by action