British Politics

Gracii Guns

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know whats funny about this election?  I ain't met a supporter of no one so far.  I've met people who hate Corbo and people who hate Boris but I ain't met no one that truly thinks much of either of em.  No one with any fuckin' brains anyway.  What does that say about us that either of these wankers is in charge?

If you go to the U.S., France, Germany or Canada you'll find people who don't trust anyone. They just lost all hope. The only thing some western leaders are trying to get it right is climate change. But when it comes to kitchen table issues, leaders seem to be cluless are powerless 

11 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

So the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill passed smoothly today, safe as houses and it almost feels like the last three years didn't happen. The Remoaners have finally been vanquished and we can look forward to a Merry, Brexity Xmas.

We have a good Speaker now also, who refused attempts to wreck it with amendments. 

It is such a comprehensive reversal of fortunes for leave that that Parliament of EU arse licking and treason, Bercow, Letwin, all of them party hoppers like Chuka and Soubry, seem like a nightmare. It took three years but we have won and won in the most comprehensive manner.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Can't disagree with her. Labour are finished for at least the next five years and I suspect that they won't get near power for another decade at least. The lunatics have taken over the asylum at this point. I mean, in what universe does an incumbent government of 9 years with a pretty poor record go from a confidence and supply arrangement with the fucking DUP to an 80 seat majority? :lol: 

• Like 1

All the Tories have to do now is throw a bit of cash to the Labour heartlands and they could lock them out of power for decades. Labour have shot themselves in the foot and totally fucked things up.

I did say what was likely to happen in the northern seats, although not patting myself on the back or anything.

It's actually quite sad to see Labour completely lose touch with who and what they are supposed to represent.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you ask me, the only place for sprouts is in the bin.

Oh no, they are tasty! Sauted in cast iron with some bacon grease and lemon rind until they get some charring. :drool: Or parboiled and shredded in a warm salad, maybe to top a baked mac and cheese along with some toasted breadcrumbs and parm.

Makes sense that they would be a Brexit food, since they can grow outdoors well passed freezing. Once mature, the plants can be left in the snow and ice for a few months. You might wanna make friends with Brussel Sprouts.

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

Oh no, they are tasty! Sauted in cast iron with some bacon grease and lemon rind until they get some charring. :drool: Or parboiled and shredded in a warm salad, maybe to top a baked mac and cheese along with some toasted breadcrumbs and parm.

Makes sense that they would be a Brexit food, since they can grow outdoors well passed freezing. Once mature, the plants can be left in the snow and ice for a few months. You might wanna make friends with Brussel Sprouts.

The British way is to boil the brains out leaving a soggy gloop, devoid of colour, vitamins or taste. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, soon said:

sprouts sprouts the musical fruit. the more you eat, the more you toot

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The British way is to boil the brains out leaving a soggy gloop, devoid of colour, vitamins or taste. 

You've reminded me that I had them once prepared by a Brit. Just as you describe. Like, not even the bitterness was left. Nor the firm leaves - the butter just rolled right off. And yeah, you'd have to drink the boil water to get any nutrients.

But given that it might be one of your only food stuffs until the Sasquatch works his magic, I looked up some modern Brit recipes for you.

Heres a Jamie Oliver Christmas sprouts recipe. It seems very British cuisine to me since its beige. And the beige comes form the 1/4 bottle of Wosctershire sauce.

And Ramsey litteraly copying the flavour profile of my sauted recipe for another Christmas side. What a jerk!!

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Personally I’d prefer to keep them in the fucking bin. :lol: 

You and Dies both! :lol: And you both have refined palates, so they must truly get butchered over there.

I do love how they are being marketed towards Brexiteers and they felt the need to include the fact that it require refrigeration. Right on the front no less :lol: Just a step away from "This is food, dummies... like, for eating. Long live the Queen" 

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Like everything that comes from Brussels, they leave a foul smell and taste and bung you up.

My daughter was conceived in Brussels thank you very much and not all of those things are true in her case. 

Maybe 2 out of 3. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, soon said:

You and Dies both! :lol: And you both have refined palates, so they must truly get butchered over there.

I do love how they are being marketed towards Brexiteers and they felt the need to include the fact that it require refrigeration. Right on the front no less :lol: Just a step away from "This is food, dummies... like, for eating. Long live the Queen" 

I have a much more refined palate I'll have you know! Collected a few essentials from the local Waitrose today which should demonstrate that. :lol: 

VRGTdEq.jpg 

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To be fair I've actually bought sprouts before just to boil to death and use the water in gravy. I've chucked the actual sprouts in the bin afterwards.

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I have a much more refined palate I'll have you know! Collected a few essentials from the local Waitrose today which should demonstrate that. :lol: 

VRGTdEq.jpg 

Haha! And you know, I was trying to think of a Yorkshire Sprouts/ Yorkshire Pudding joke for you. I had a feeling youd be a fan :P:lol:

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha! And you know, I was trying to think of a Yorkshire Sprouts/ Yorkshire Pudding joke for you. I had a feeling youd be a fan :P:lol:

Oi! I may be no fan of sprouts but I'll fight you if you say mean things about Yorkshire Puddings! :P:lol: 

• Haha 1