British Politics

Gracii Guns

On 1/23/2020 at 2:42 PM, SoulMonster said:

It's all fun, though, until he refers to homosexuals as Manchester United supporters. That's harsh in these days.

no it isn't. in some circles "it's become harsh", true. Or rather: in some circles, who lack any sense of humour, it was always harsh.

why can't we laugh with gay people? You'll find, the people who laugh with gay people are often openly gay themselves. You should be in the company of a group of gay people some day. constant gay jokes all the fucking time.

it's ok to laugh with gays, it's ok to laugh with black people, with greta thunberg, with politicians, with jews, with christians, with muslims... and I don't fucking see the reason why not.

only in dictatorial societies like north korea is it forbidden to laugh.

Edited by action

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, you certainly make me laugh. 

that's good to hear!

so maybe we can leave the "faux outrage" about a silly gay / manchester joke for places like twitter who thrive on such sentiments?

I mean, if I wanted to be part of an easily offended, virtue point gathering community, I would have joined twitter long ago. But as it stands, there are still more than enough people on here who see the humour in stuff like that.

10 minutes ago, action said:

so maybe we can leave the "faux outrage" about a silly gay / manchester joke for places like twitter who thrive on such sentiments?

What? I certainly think it is childish to joke about people being gay. That was a thing when I was in school...in the 80s. Doesn't mean I am slightly outraged by it, though.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I am EXTREMELY childish to be fair, you big gay cunt :lol:

I know you are :) But I feel it is always well-intentioned from you. You seem like a pretty tolerant person and it is more just "sociolect".

1 minute ago, action said:

lol it's not childish, not even remotely.

Right.

I know you are :) But I feel it is always well-intentioned from you. You seem like a pretty tolerant person and it is more just "sociolect".

Dies' ain't from a substantially different social experience or class or sociolect from me y'know, I dunno if it escapes you but he's pretty much joking most of the time.

Edited by Len Cnut

Utterly shocking by the BBC to not cover the French riots, which have descended to such a state of anarchy that fireman have been fighting with police! Wall to wall coverage of some basketball player nobody has heard of dying and Trump, and not this huge event which is taking place nearby. BBC needs to be put out of its misery

Edited by DieselDaisy

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Utterly shocking by the BBC to not cover the French riots, which have descended to such a state of anarchy that fireman have been fighting with police! Wall to wall coverage of some basketball player nobody has heard of dying and Trump, and not this huge event which is taking place nearby. BBC needs to be put out of its misery

Since when is riots in France newsworthy? It’d be front page news of the cunts weren’t wrecking the place for five minutes. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

While it was in the news here yesterday, it didn't get that much attention either. Police seem to always be in high alert and ready in Paris. The moment there's any demonstration, they will go there and stop them. This time it was just the fire brigade.

I found the unions shutting down electricity last week or so even more shocking. The French really don't want to work until 64, it seems.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Since when is riots in France newsworthy? It’d be front page news of the cunts weren’t wrecking the place for five minutes. 

See, I would say the same thing about the Trump impeachment (zzzz) and a sportsperson dying who nobody in this country has ever heard of (except Piers Morgen). I am infinitely more interested in the French riots than I am above. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, I would say the same thing about the Trump impeachment (zzzz) and a sportsperson dying who nobody in this country has ever heard of (except Piers Morgen). I am infinitely more interested in the French riots than I am above. 

Whereas I would say that the Trump impeachment is far more relevant to us than a bunch of hippies causing havoc and getting kicked the fuck out of in Frogland. 

Just now, Dazey said:

Whereas I would say that the Trump impeachment is far more relevant to us than a bunch of hippies causing havoc and getting kicked the fuck out of in Frogland. 

Well there we differ. I have no interest in Trump's impeachment whatsoever.

I am not sure you understand the nature of the yellow jackets movement if you're calling them ''hippies'' though. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well there we differ. I have no interest in Trump's impeachment whatsoever.

I am not sure you understand the nature of the yellow jackets movement if you're calling them ''hippies'' though. 

Just because it doesn’t interest you doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect you. Especially in post Brexit Britain, the guy in charge of the US is going be very very relevant. 

I’ll be completely honest and admit I have no understanding of the yellow jacket movement and I couldn’t give a shit about them quite frankly. :lol: