British Politics

Gracii Guns

32 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Bunch of fuckin' slack jawed yokels! :lol: 

Partying Bolton Brexiteers attempt to set EU flag on fire... but fail because of European fire regulations

The mishap was caught on camera outside Bolton town hall

0_fire-brexit-rev-472452.jpg

A group of partying Bolton Brexiteers attempted to set an EU flag alight - but failed due to European fireproofing regulations.

The group tried to light the flag as the country left the union, but their attempts were thwarted as the flames quickly flickered out and the material simply melted.

Onlookers reckon revellers forgot - or didn't know about - European fire safety regulations, which require flags to be fire-retardant.

The painstaking efforts continued until the group eventually gave up.

They tore it up instead.

The group were among around 100 Brexiteers gathered in Bolton town centre last night to watch the bells bong in celebration of Brexit.

0_fire-brexit-rev-472454.jpg

A bystander, who asked not to be named, said he saw the men hold up the flag and attempt to ignite it with a lighter while singing God Save The Queen, but gave up after a few attempts.

“There were a few people here and there but it was more or less deserted," he said.

0_fire-brexit-rev-472455.jpg

“I saw a group of people holding up a flag and they tried to light it repeatedly with a lighter but failed.

“They were singing God Saves The Queen - but a few of them were struggling to remember the words.

“After it failed to light up, they gave up and continued celebrating.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/partying-bolton-brexiteers-attempt-set-17671861

''All remainers are paedos'',

my-generation-book-launch-v-a-london-bri

See how easy it is, to selectively choose individuals from these two groupings, leaver and remainer, in order to stigmatise the entirety of them?

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What is funny is that you seem to have no care for the millions of people who will suffer economically because of Brexit yet keep ranting about something that affected a few hundred thousand (less?) in the 1960s :lol: And you admonish us for not caring about people. Hilarious. 

Besides, as pointed out before, the fisher communities were about to destroy their own livelihoods. With Brexit, about half of the Brits will suffer economically because of a bad decision by the other half. 

No, I don't care about wealthy Islington based liberals as much as I do struggling coastal communities and post-industrial towns. The latter's needs are greater than the former.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

No, I don't care about wealthy Islington based liberals as much as I do struggling coastal communities and post-industrial towns. The latter's needs are greater than the former.

Well you obviously don’t care about either. 

Typical remainer,

hugh-grant-mugshot-mousepad-9.gif

Just now, Dazey said:

Well you obviously don’t care about either. 

Well I obviously do because I am the only one here who actually cares that the EU actively destroyed a segment of our country, whereas you and Soul merely laugh about it, and dismiss it.

The EU you support.  

It is all about defending the status quo. The reason you, Dazey (and Soul as a sort of fellow traveler), are so defensive of a neo-liberal construct like the EU is you belong to the very class which benefits so greatly from it, and have also inherited the political mores of this class. It is therefore in your self interests to defend the status quo of the EU because that status quo materially benefits you. The reason you are so angry is that underclass have overturned this status quo. 

PS

How did you then?  Tell me?
Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I obviously do because I am the only one here who actually cares that the EU actively destroyed a segment of our country, whereas you and Soul merely laugh about it, and dismiss it.

The EU you support.  

Well obviously you don’t as you’re in favour of making things actively worse for that very segment in pursuit of some decades old vendetta. 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Well obviously you don’t as you’re in favour of making things actively worse for that very segment in pursuit of some decades old vendetta. 

I obviously am as I am in favour of actually removing the CFP and liberating the industry rather than allowing the industry to endure under the hand of its executioner so it does not endanger a bunch of gap year Waitrose wankers, and on the ''vendetta'' point - which is utter bollocks - I have said a million times to you two that my opposition to the EU is multifaceted. In fact you could have discovered this if you read my big post earlier. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I obviously am as I am in favour of actually removing the CFP and liberating the industry rather than allowing the industry to endure under the hand of its executioner so it does not endanger a bunch of gap year Waitrose wankers, and on the ''vendetta'' point - which is utter bollocks - I have said a million times to you two that my opposition to the EU is multifaceted. In fact you could have discovered this if you read my big post earlier. 

Okay so let’s say you withdraw from the CFP because you won’t be removing it as it still has another 27 countries as members. What then? How does that actively make things better for UK fishermen?

So, to follow up on Morgan's question, how the heck did you remainers lose to these ''thickos''?

You are all - as you love to remind everyone - ''better educated''. You are not ''yokels''. You are not ''racists'', ''fascists'' and similar. Your campaign was bankrolled by elites such as George Soros. People such as Tony Blair, Barack Obama - and a multitude of celebrity luvvies - supported your campaign. 27 European governments supported you. the EU itself naturally did. The Bank of England IMF/WB did. You had an entire Parliament who used every devious trick, circumnavigation and obstruction on your behalf. You had millionaires like Gina Miller dragging the whole thing through the courts.

Yet a bunch of northern thickos defeated you!

Glorious.

Edit

Just to add the media establishment, BBC, Channel 4, supported remain.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

So, to follow up on Morgan's question, how the heck did you remainers lose to these ''thickos''?

You are all - as you love to remind everyone - ''better educated''. You are not ''yokels''. You are not ''racists'', ''fascists'' and similar. Your campaign was bankrolled by elites such as George Soros. People such as Tony Blair, Barack Obama - and a multitude of celebrity luvvies - supported your campaign. 27 European governments supported you. the EU itself naturally did. The Bank of England IMF/WB did. You had an entire Parliament who used every devious trick, circumnavigation and obstruction on your behalf. You had millionaires like Gina Miller dragging the whole thing through the courts.

Yet a bunch of northern thickos defeated you!

Glorious.

Still waiting for an explanation as to how things get better for UK fishermen. 

Just now, Dazey said:

Still waiting for an explanation as to how things get better for UK fishermen. 

It is rather obvious stuff that the removal of the CFP will benefit British fisherman by not restricting them to the quota system whereby they are forced to throw back dead fish because of EU red tape!

(And before you say, I will be the first person to castigate Boris if he throws the fishing industry under a bus for market access).

It is rather obvious stuff that the removal of the CFP will benefit British fisherman by not restricting them to the quota system whereby they are forced to throw back dead fish because of EU red tape!

(And before you say, I will be the first person to castigate Boris if he throws the fishing industry under a bus for market access).

And does that mean restricting EU fishing access to our waters? 

Just now, Dazey said:

And does that mean restricting EU fishing access to our waters? 

It certainly does. Another benefit will be not having French and Spanish fishing trawlers entering our waters and completely contravening the EU's very own CFP.

Proof that remainers are utter scum,

It certainly does. 

Which I’m sure is going to cause no problems whatsoever. I mean the trading bloc to which we currently export two thirds of all our fish will not seek to penalise us in any way for that. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Which I’m sure is going to cause no problems whatsoever. I mean the trading bloc to which we currently export two thirds of all our fish will not seek to penalise us in any way for that. :lol: 

Incidentally, I see you ignored Boris signing a continuity agreement with Japan? And I thought you were so interested in the economic? 

Incidentally, I see you ignored Boris signing a continuity agreement with Japan? And I thought you were so interested in the economic? 

Good answer. UK fisheries will be fine because Japan. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Good answer. UK fisheries will be fine because Japan. :lol: 

Don't know why you are being so flippant about the world's third largest economy, however I was digressing slightly irrespective. 

You do realise that the world's two largest economies, the USA and China, do not have a trade deal with the EU. Heck, Japan has only just acquired a trade deal. Or to put it another way, the UK - in the EU - has been trading with the US and China without a trade deal. 40% of the UK's trade is with countries outside the EU's trade orbit.

(But yes, the UK will be completely trade-less),

Kosovo

Jordan

Morocco 

Georgia

S. African Nations

(Totally friendless. Nobody will want to trade with us!!),

Tunisia

Lebanon 

South Korea

Central America

(Friendless I say!)

Central America

Andes

Norway and Iceland

Caribbean

Pacific Islands

Liechtenstein

Israel

Palestine

Switzerland

Faroes

Chile

(We are doomed!).

Don't know why you are being so flippant about the world's third largest economy, however I was digressing slightly irrespective. 

You do realise that the world's two largest economies, the USA and China, do not have a trade deal with the EU. Heck, Japan has only just acquired a trade deal. Or to put it another way, the UK - in the EU - has been trading with the US and China without a trade deal. 40% of the UK's trade is with countries outside the EU's trade orbit.

(But yes, the UK will be completely trade-less),

Kosovo

Jordan

Morocco 

Georgia

S. African Nations

(Totally friendless. Nobody will want to trade with us!!),

Tunisia

Lebanon 

South Korea

Central America

(Friendless I say!)

Central America

Andes

Norway and Iceland

Caribbean

Pacific Islands

Liechtenstein

Israel

Palestine

Switzerland

Faroes

Chile

(We are doomed!).

No you’re right. We can totally tell the worlds single largest trading entity to get fucked once we start playing with the big boys like Lichtenstein. :lol: 

Yes, 40% of our trade is outside the EU which means that 60% isn’t outside the EU. How is that not concerning?

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

No you’re right. We can totally tell the worlds single largest trading entity to get fucked once we start playing with the big boys like Lichtenstein. :lol: 

Yes, 40% of our trade is outside the EU which means that 60% isn’t outside the EU. How is that not concerning?

It suits your narrative to undervalue those countries. I am not sure what countries you could value when you have flippantly dismissed Japan, 3rd largest economy, South Korea (UK trade worth 14bn) and the EFTA nations (62bn). 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It suits your narrative to undervalue those countries. I am not sure what countries you could value when you have flippantly dismissed Japan, 3rd largest economy, South Korea (UK trade worth 14bn) and the EFTA nations (62bn). 

I didn’t flippantly dismiss Japan. It was just not relevant to the point of discussion. You’re the one who brought up the CAP and CFP as justification for Brexit. I’m just trying to get you to demonstrate why. 
If it suits me to devalue countries with whom we conduct 40% of our trade then it clearly suits you to devalue those with whom we conduct 60% of our trade. 

Edited by Dazey

Just now, Dazey said:

I didn’t flippantly dismiss Japan. It was just not relevant to the point of discussion. You’re the one who brought up the CAP and CFP as justification for Brexit. I’m just trying to get you to demonstrate why. 

I have brought up a lot of stuff as a ''justification for Brexit'' - essays can be written. For some reason you keep prodding me about the economic, but there are a multitude of reasons why leaving is desirable.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have brought up a lot of stuff as a ''justification for Brexit'' - essays can be written. For some reason you keep prodding me about the economic, but there are a multitude of reasons why leaving is desirable.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have been criticised by Dazey for not discussing economics yet here I am discussing economics. Let's start with the CAP which was put in place before Britain's admittance to artificially prop up France's archaic and flagging farming industry (vis-à-vis Britain's farming industry). Let's start with that, should we?

I'll get no reply 

You started the conversation saying you’d get no reply. You’ve had a reply and now you want to change the subject. :shrugs: 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

then it clearly suits you to devalue those with whom we conduct 60% of our trade. 

When have I devalued that trade? I believe we can strike further continuity agreements with the countries (11%) that have trade deals with the EU, and do not believe a UK-EU trade deal is outside the realms of impossibility.

You do realise that most countries do not belong to an organisation such as the EU, and can bilaterally strike trade deals - this generally is what countries do. It is the EU which is the oddity, or more specifically the customs union. It is bilateral trading which is the prevalent modus operandi. 

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When have I devalued that trade? I believe we can strike further continuity agreements with the countries (11%) that have trade deals with the EU, and do not believe a UK-EU trade deal is outside the realms of impossibility.

You do realise that most countries do not belong to an organisation such as the EU, and can bilaterally strike trade deals - this generally is what countries do. It is the EU which is the oddity, or more specifically the customs union. It is bilateral trading which is the prevalent modus operandi. 

I very much realise that but I also realise that the 27 countries with whom we currently conduct 60% of our trade do belong to this organisation.

Striking continuity deals with current trading partners doesn’t bring us any new benefits. All it does is ensure that we continue to trade with these countries on the same terms.

As comforting as that is I don’t think it’s comparable to the damage that will be caused should we fail to agree a good deal with the EU. Ironically enough one major sticking point to achieving such a deal is highly likely to be access for EU fleets to UK fishing waters. 

Beyond that the obvious major prize to be had is a good free trade deal with the US so it’s a good thing that their government is wholly reasonable and not at all likely to fuck us to line their own pockets. 

Edited by Dazey