British Politics

Gracii Guns

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remember Schwarzenegger being embarrassed over his tiny todger and over-compensating?

I remember the song "ooh, my willy is tiny" :lol: 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If the old Spitting Image did it, I could see them making Boris unbelievably Pickwickean and making Boris like sounds (bububu), and Cummings this Mephistophelean or Iago character, which judging by his digital puppet seems to be the direction they're going with him. Andrew writes itself. This will be utter shite though without proper puppets.

Are they not doing proper puppets? Looks like they are in those pictures.

Thing is that they were all pretty serious characters which meant it was funny to see them made to look ridiculous. How do you make Boris look any more silly than in real life? 

You make a good point but surely by being more ridiculous they just give the satirist a lot more ammo and the potential of different directions to go in, you make it easier not harder to satirise them in one sense. 

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It used to be proper puppets like Punch and Judy when I was a kid. I liked the Kinnock and Major characters.Major was all grey and Kinnock was a burgular trying to break into number 10 😄

Apparently they were expensive to make, one of the reasons why the show was cancelled/never really came back, until now where I guess they can computer generate the fuckers.  Honestly, it didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time, since I was a child I didn't really get the depth of the satire on any level.  Same with The New Statesman, I vaguely remember it being on and my sister watching but Kinnock and Tebbitt etc etc were just familiar names off the news, it weren't really anything I was disposed to understand.  Shame cuz The New Statesman is absolute class.  So's Spitting Image but I kinda did watch that when it was about a lot more.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You make a good point but surely by being more ridiculous they just give the satirist a lot more ammo and the potential of different directions to go in, you make it easier not harder to satirise them in one sense. 

But there does come a point where there's no where else to go with someone like Boris Johnson. You'd have to start going into the realms of the surreal and fantasy to take it further than he has gone in real life.

He's already got stuck on a zip wire in union Jack helmet and fucking poleaxed a Chinese kid when having staged game of rugby 😂 

Those would be good spitting image sketches but he's already fucking done it 😂

On 06/08/2020 at 1:56 PM, spunko12345 said:

But there does come a point where there's no where else to go with someone like Boris Johnson. You'd have to start going into the realms of the surreal and fantasy to take it further than he has gone in real life.

He's already got stuck on a zip wire in union Jack helmet and fucking poleaxed a Chinese kid when having staged game of rugby 😂 

Those would be good spitting image sketches but he's already fucking done it 😂

That’s my point exactly. I mean the public personas of the 80’s lot were very straight laced in reality. The comedy was in exaggerating some of the basis character traits.

Like Tebbit was a bit of an enforcer so he turns into a leather clad biker kicking fuck out of everybody. Thatcher basically turned into a bloke because she was seen as pretty authoritarian. How do you exaggerate Boris?

As for Trump? What do you do to satirise him? Have him telling people to drink bleach? Done it. Getting pissed on by hookers? Done it. Grabbing pussies? You get the idea. 😩🤮

Edited by Dazey

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That’s my point exactly. I mean the public personas of the 80’s lot were very straight laced in reality. The comedy was in exaggerating some of the basis character traits.

Like Tebbit was a bit of an enforcer so he turns into a leather clad biker kicking fuck out of everybody. Thatcher basically turned into a bloke because she was seen as pretty authoritarian. How do you exaggerate Boris?

As for Trump? What do you do to satirise him? Have him telling people to drink bleach? Done it. Getting pissed on by hookers? Done it. Grabbing pussies? You get the idea. 😩🤮

Trump in a fuckin’ retards home, dribbling, making cookies with a cutter and missing the centre of the dough shouting bollocks like ‘build a wall!’, overpowering and shagging his own daughter when she comes to visit?  Just throwing ideas out there :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Trump in a fuckin’ retards home, dribbling, making cookies with a cutter and missing the centre of the dough shouting bollocks like ‘build a wall!’, overpowering and shagging his own daughter when she comes to visit?  Just throwing ideas out there :lol: 

Yeah, but how far is that from reality? Literally none of that would surprise me if it was reported in the news tomorrow. :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, but how far is that from reality? Literally none of that would surprise me if it was reported in the news tomorrow. :lol: 

The overpowering and shagging his own daughter, fair dues, thats on the verge of happening, you can see it in his eyes, the man is a living Ralph Steadman illustration.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not invited to Mike Graham's birthday knees-up Dazey? It was a positive homecoming for the Brexiteering - or as you'd put it, ''gammon'' - good and the great.

Ee13AJuXoAMDsrX?format=jpg&name=small

I like the positioning of that alt-right looking snot nosed brat in the bottom left. Let er rip Stay Puff marshmallow man! :lol: 

Dawn Butler faking up a racial profiling incident. Claimed to be the driver, which she wasn't, and then released edited footage from her camera that has been flipped to make it look like she was the driver!

Police apparently releasing bodycam footage,

WellgroomedDependentBluetonguelizard-sma

PS

She also pulled the, ''do you know who I am?'' thing by pointing out she is a MP! Simply embarrassing. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 08/08/2020 at 2:26 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Not invited to Mike Graham's birthday knees-up Dazey? It was a positive homecoming for the Brexiteering - or as you'd put it, ''gammon'' - good and the great.

Ee13AJuXoAMDsrX?format=jpg&name=small

Graham is very good on Talkradio and did us proud during the Brexit Wars but he was even better alongside Mike Parry in their Talksport days.

47 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Graham is very good on Talkradio and did us proud during the Brexit Wars but he was even better alongside Mike Parry in their Talksport days.

Looks like a cross between Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse and Roy Hattersley’s Spitting Image puppet. 

• Haha 1

Evidently not qualified to teach!

Efnr_c6XoAcE9Mx?format=jpg&name=small

On 8/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, bucketfoot said:

I did wonder who the blonde with the impressive cleavage was and thought it might be her. I am inclined to agree, she is lush.

She turned up at a Tory conference dressed in only a bra. 

• Like 1