British Politics

Gracii Guns

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Anyone aware of the strange phenomenon called ''left wing face'', i.e., the assumption of a pained, slightly constipated, expression by various left-wing MPs? It is truly bizarre.

1) I think you might mean the look of someone thinking. A rarity among non left MPs.

2) I wish I did know "left wing face." Because that would mean that we had any left wing MPs here :lol:

When I think about your left wing MPs all I see is the sweet, sexy face and adorkable smile of the very lovely Lisa Nandy.

1 minute ago, soon said:

1) I think you might mean the look of someone thinking. A rarity among non left MPs.

2) I wish I did know "left wing face." Because that would mean that we had any left wing MPs here :lol:

When I think about your left wing MPs all I see is the sweet, sexy face and adorkable smile of the very lovely Lisa Nandy.

Nandy is a practitioner of left-wing face, albeit not the most frequent practitioner. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nandy is a practitioner of left-wing face, albeit not the most frequent practitioner. 

Oh, so left-wing face means "sexy af" :lol: 

I think I know the face you mean now. Its when we try and project that the nonsense that the other person is saying matters and is being engaged with, in times when one cant just laugh and say how ridiculous the other persons point is. Most useful when dealing with media or presenting to a group. Part "ohh interesting, lets have a think on that" and part 'dont laugh. dont laugh. dont laugh' :headbang:

Just now, soon said:

Oh, so left-wing face means "sexy af" :lol: 

I think I know the face you mean now. Its when we try and project that the nonsense that the other person is saying matters and is being engaged with, in times when one cant just laugh and say how ridiculous the other persons point is. Most useful when dealing with media or presenting to a group. Part "ohh interesting, lets have a think on that" and part 'dont laugh. dont laugh. dont laugh' :headbang:

Left-wing face is a sort of constipated looking expressing. I believe, although I am not privy to the reasoning behind it, that the participants believe that it represents ''empathy'' and ''shared pain''. It is usually employed by female MPs, although I've seen blokes do it also. Here are some examples of left-wing face,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_hSzblbf72cI_Q8tFnvf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQASoiUQMR-yPIo6ZYrNiQ

Clipboard01.jpg.7b10d1ef1f45ccb14fa1337d880a3cf3.jpg

And the greatest of them all in left-wing face, Annalise Dodds,

skynews-anneliese-dodds-labour_4733995.j

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Left-wing face is a sort of constipated looking expressing. I believe, although I am not privy to the reasoning behind it, that the participants believe that it represents ''empathy'' and ''shared pain''. It is usually employed by female MPs, although I've seen blokes do it also. Here are some examples of left-wing face,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_hSzblbf72cI_Q8tFnvf

Well, humans commonly do express their thoughts and feelings with their facial expressions. If you lot want to attribute the look of empathy to lefties, sounds fair enough to me. :D

Look how beautiful my girl is!!! :wub:

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What is "remainism"? 

See the Brexiter is the one who can't answer a simple question. The one suffering from "remainism" is the guy making him look like a buffoon. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Malady prevalent in 48% of denizens of the United Kingdom. Latin name, wanker waitrosus. Usually affects the cognitive functions and objective reasoning.  Here is another sufferer,

Very funny to categorize everybody who disagrees with you on the EU as having a disease! Haha. Great ongoing joke there, Diesel!

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Very funny to categorize everybody who disagrees with you on the EU as having a disease! Haha. Great ongoing joke there, Diesel!

Some experts believe there is a connection between Remainism and the disease known as TDD (Trump Derangement Disorder), both sharing similar symptoms.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Heh, even Norwegian newspapers are starting to write about Starmer and the great work he is doing to rally the party.

It really is astonishing how much difference simply reading your brief makes. Starmer is an ex barrister and former Director of Public Prosecutions which is basically the worst nightmare for somebody like Boris who pays so little attention to general detail. He could get away with it beforehand because Corbyn was similarly clueless but now he doesn't know what do do. 

Eg-dZOrXgAEIRoy?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some experts believe there is a connection between Remainism and the disease known as TDD (Trump Derangement Disorder), both sharing similar symptoms.

Yeah, but people who are experts at remembering historical dates aren't usually good at much else, I hear, and I suppose that includes diagnosing people who happen to just disagree with them or repairing tables or fixing stuff.

Starmer has as much chance at winning the next election as Ed Davey. Boris and his cabinet have made an utter balls-up of a pandemic (permeating into education and other portfolios), illegal migrants and numerous other things, and I wouldn't bet against Boris increasing his majority next time round. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Starmer has as much chance at winning the next election as Ed Davey. Boris and his cabinet have made an utter balls-up of a pandemic (permeating into education and other portfolios), illegal migrants and numerous other things, and I wouldn't bet against Boris increasing his majority next time round. 

I don't think that Starmer anticipates winning the next election but I think he can make enough of a dent in the Tory majority for another go after that. I just think it's refreshing to see a grown-up in the room making Johnson look like a, well, Johnson quite frankly. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

I don't think that Starmer anticipates winning the next election but I think he can make enough of a dent in the Tory majority for another go after that. I just think it's refreshing to see a grown-up in the room making Johnson look like a, well, Johnson quite frankly. :lol: 

All the Tories need to do to win the next election is post this photo in every working class letter box,

skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_50096

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

There's no bigger Johnson in the room when Johnsons about, I must say.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

All the Tories need to do to win the next election is post this photo in every working class letter box,

skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_50096

I'm sure that some of the Gammon vote can be siphoned off once everybody starts losing their jobs in a couple of months compounded by the impact of a no deal Brexit in January.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I'm sure that some of the Gammon vote can be siphoned off once everybody starts losing their jobs in a couple of months compounded by the impact of a no deal Brexit in January.

Weren't you drooling over Rishi and the prospect of a Rishi ministry the other day? You said you would vote for him. I hate to tell you this but Rishi is just as much a Brexiteer as Boris. 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Weren't you drooling over Rishi and the prospect of a Rishi ministry the other day? You said you would vote for him. I hate to tell you this but Rishi is just as much a Brexiteer as Boris. 

Yeah but I imagine that he would have been able to answer a simple question at the dispatch box without pooing himself. At this point Brexit is over, it's a done deal and we're not going back so Brexiter credentials are a moot point.

It's whether the person in question is competent to take charge going forward and I would be much happier to see Sunak in post now rather than Boris simply because he's not a buffoon.

I get that it's a low bar but that's just where we are right now. Similarly Starmer is clearly the more intelligent and competent of the two when compared to Boris so I would also be happy to vote for him in the General.

Just now, Dazey said:

Yeah but I imagine that he would have been able to answer a simple question at the dispatch box without pooing himself. At this point Brexit is over, it's a done deal and we're not going back so Brexiter credentials are a moot point.

It's whether the person in question is competent to take charge going forward and I would be much happier to see Sunak in post now rather than Boris simply because he's not a buffoon.

I get that it's a low bar but that's just where we are right now. Similarly Starmer is clearly the more intelligent and competent of the two when compared to Boris so I would also be happy to vote for him in the General.

I think most people would prefer Sunak - me included - but there is a storm brewing there, namely tax hikes. Sunak wants tax hikes apparently to pay for the kung flu crisis. 

14 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can't they just fish, coop a barrel, work at a telephone central or sweep a chimney or something? Join the army and colonize some "three bob country"?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think most people would prefer Sunak - me included - but there is a storm brewing there, namely tax hikes. Sunak wants tax hikes apparently to pay for the kung flu crisis. 

Which is where Johnson may be of use given that he's reportedly ruled out any form of return to austerity to dig our way out of this hole. That said, if he's very definitely ruled it out that should mean it will be official government policy by lunchtime on Monday.