British Politics

Gracii Guns

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

EihWrtvWoAMKDnx?format=jpg&name=small

Eig5ChoXsAApCWp?format=jpg&name=small

The woke brigade are inherently blowing a gasket over Greta's. Pitched Priti wrong in my opinion. I would have had her as a dominatrix type - isn't this just a reprise of Michael Howard's?

Wouldn’t your idea just be a retread of Norman Tebbit? 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I will supply you with this. I watched this live and honestly thought Morgan had her on the verge of tears,

Boring. You posted this at least once before. And you are wrong.

Shes perfectly reasonable and also it doesnt in anyway look as though she is about to cry.

Why would she legislate an emergent issue with this hysterical ol dummy in his tv studio? :lol:

• Haha 1

That is Piers before he decided to become woke. At that time he was cutting quite the figure as a cantankerous destroyer of wokedom on morning telly, but they got to him a few weeks later and stepford wived him and now he is a BLM fan who hates the Tories (well, largely because they refuse to turn up on his show). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is Piers before he decided to become woke. At that time he was cutting quite the figure as a cantankerous destroyer of wokedom on morning telly,

"Destroyer?" Ha! That maybe describes Nandy there. I actually regret seeing her be so clearly dominant, as that is not the dynamic I imagine with her.

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I should sue the makers of Spitting Image. I am pretty certain I was the first person to point out the resemblance of Michael Gove to a scrotum. Ripping bastards. 

EhosBK1WkAAhnr0?format=jpg&name=small

CIz5-pA2?format=png&name=small

What are your expectations of it? I think it's going to be awful on first impressions. I've been trying to think just why I'm not excited about it having loved the original so much back in the day. I've concluded that there was more of a reverence for the establishment back in the day and we didn't know everything about everybody's private lives thus allowing the satirists to invent an exaggerated backstory for them all. Social media has ruined all of that and the clowns that are now in power are beyond parody as it's impossible to make them look more ridiculous than they already do. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

What are your expectations of it? I think it's going to be awful on first impressions. I've been trying to think just why I'm not excited about it having loved the original so much back in the day. I've concluded that there was more of a reverence for the establishment back in the day and we didn't know everything about everybody's private lives thus allowing the satirists to invent an exaggerated backstory for them all. Social media has ruined all of that and the clowns that are now in power are beyond parody as it's impossible to make them look more ridiculous than they already do. 

I think it's also because back then there was a certain level of embarrassment that they felt about their indescresions and their bumbling excuses and appologys only made it more ridiculous and hilarious.

Like when that Labour MP was caught at midnight looking for cock on Hampstead Heath and told reporters he was Badger spotting :lol:. Or when that Tory got wound up in a S&M sex game with a tangerine in his mouth. The David Mellor thing about him wearing a chelsea kut with a hooker. Ridiculous and hilarious.

Now their is a sense that the government is beyond embarrassment and whatever scenario they find themselves in the tactic is to brazenly ride it out until everyone accepts it as normal and moves on. It works aswell. How can you satirize something if theyre not embarressed by it.

EiqNaYZWsAQOsM-?format=jpg&name=900x900

23 hours ago, Dazey said:

We'll just have to see. The original was a bit spotty until the Red Dwarf guys took over, and even after that not everything worked and they were always changing things around until a caricature clicked into place. John Major when he first appeared was a trapeze artist which was not as funny as what he became, grey, eating peas with Norma. 

Edited by DieselDaisy