British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Okay then. Assuming that you didn't understand what I was actually saying (which I'm sure you did), can you please explain why British liberty is dead? 

I didn't say it was ''dead''. I said it was significantly under threat. The government (s) have excised an unprecedented amount of state power and are dictating (legally) whether you can or can not see your friends/family. This is a sinister encroachment by the state on our lives.

Just now, action said:

your joke would work better if you mentioned the bill of rights (1689) in stead of the magna carta. the magna carta doesn't really mention much in terms of individual rights

It would be a little odd given that the post I was responding to specifically quoted 1215.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't say it was ''dead''.

Sorry, my mistake. I guess the following comment meant something completely different. 

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Here Lies

British Liberty 

b. 1215 d. 2020 

RIP 

I guess it was in code eh? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't say it was ''dead''. I said it was significantly under threat. The government (s) have excised an unprecedented amount of state power and are dictating (legally) whether you can or can not see your friends/family. This is a sinister encroachment by the state on our lives.

It's also temporary as a result of a deadly pandemic. 

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It would be a little odd given that the post I was responding to specifically quoted 1215.

odd, but more accurate

if you burn the magna carta, the only ones making objection would be the local barons 

Edited by action

2 minutes ago, action said:

odd, but more accurate

if you burn the magna carta, the only ones making objection would be the local barons 

No I absolutely don't agree that Jimmy Saville should have a statue erected in Leeds Town Hall.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

See? By deciding to morph into an American, your irony is disappearing. 

Yet you chose to take my post entirely literally for the sake of hyperbole? 

No I absolutely don't agree that Jimmy Saville should have a statue erected in Leeds Town Hall.

Yet you chose to take my post entirely literally for the sake of hyperbole? 

What post is this? I replied, but your answer went unrecorded. Here it is again?

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The government (s) have excised an unprecedented amount of state power and are dictating (legally) whether you can or can not see your friends/family. This is a sinister encroachment by the state on our lives.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What post is this? I replied, but your answer went unrecorded. Here it is again?

My post was you crying about masks. My point was that you seem to moan about everything the government does to try and control this virus and rather than writing a dissertation I chose a common complaint of your ilk to illustrate my point. But you already knew that.

Also it's not sinister, it's the desperate flailing of an incompetent government trying to control a crisis that's way above their pay grade. Is it a bit silly and ill thought out? Probably. Is it sinister? Nah, they're not that bright.  

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

My post was you crying about masks.

Which was an utter straw man. Why should I give a straw man much of a serious reply?

2 minutes ago, action said:

what is all of this about Dazey wanting to erect a statue for mr saville in leeds?

what have the leeds folk done to him to deserve this?

Dazey is actually Terry Christian. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Which was an utter straw man. Why should I give a straw man much of a serious reply?

Because you clearly understood what I meant and we're taught reading comprehension and critical thought in primary school.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Et tu Brute?

You are all starting to take things very literally!

Says you! You just accused me of a strawman because you were unable to interpret my comment in any other way than completely literally. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Dazey is actually Terry Christian. 

I've been struggling all day to think who you remind me of now and I've got it! You're Toby Young! You've even nicked his haircut! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Everybody is ultra argumentative on here these days? Getting sick of corona/lockdown people?

Just now, Dazey said:

Because you clearly understood what I meant and we're taught reading comprehension and critical thought in primary school.

Oh - you are doing a Soul Monster impression now? You were calling me a ''fanny'' three minutes ago, which is more like the usual Dazey we have come to know and love.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everybody is ultra argumentative on here these days? Getting sick of corona/lockdown people?

Oh - you are doing a Soul Monster impression now? You were calling me a ''fanny'' three minutes ago, which is more like the usual Dazey we have come to know and love.

You are a fanny you moaning slag! :lol: You're our resident old fart and thats saying something given the competition. Wouldn't have you any other way though. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

- Dazey argues with me

- Dazey takes the piss out of action

- I argue with Soon, or take the piss out of soon

- Evan argues with Action

- Soon is arguing with Soul

- Len is even currently arguing with Soul and it is getting quite feisty!

- Evan usually disagrees with me on everything

- downzy argues with everyone who does not immediately think Trump is Satan.

- Soul has argued with action and (notoriously for long periods) me.

- Action argues with Soul 

It is literally like a strange game where everybody cancels each other out. Or a strange league where everybody is preordained to argue with each other at least once. Pick two competitors and let the fighting commence. We have a dazzling array of subjects to choose from, all of them involving Donald Trump.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

- Dazey argues with me

It is literally like a strange game where everybody cancels each other out. Or a strange league where everybody is preordained to argue with each other at least once. Pick two competitors and let the fighting commence. We have a dazzling array of subjects to choose from, all of them involving Donald Trump.

Oldestgoat: am I a joke to you??

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

- Dazey argues with me

Correction - you try and take the piss outta me :P:bitchfight:

But had that black trans Barbie towered over me in height and had 2-3 comfy holes, you'd have heard no argument from me! :lol: