1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

*Diesel triumphantly declares to a forum where no one has said anything to the contrary, again showing he is unable to keep social forums apart*

If you actually want to discuss the outcome of Brexit and not score low-hanging point against silly comments probably found on twitter, you might argue for why Brexit will not lead to a reduction in the real per-capita income level in the UK, as predicted by a majority of economists.

And honestly, does it surprise anyone that the UK have closed a trade deal with Japan? Is that how low expectations you Brits have for your leaders now? I am expecting you would sign deals with most other markets, who isn't?

Nope. Nope. Nope. We were told that we were an ''insignificant island that nobody would want to trade with''. This was the narrative at the time - not just on twatter. You cannot pretend this didn't occur.

So can I expect zombies outside my door in January?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says you? Your entire argument seems to revolve around fish and getting fucked up the arse! You’re the political equivalent of a Led Zeppelin after show party.  

Posted Images

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. We were told that we were an ''insignificant island that nobody would want to trade with''. This was the narrative at the time - not just on twatter. You cannot pretend this didn't occur.

I am not pretending it didn't occur, I am saying I don't think anyone here would claim no one would trade with the UK. Why on earth would other countries refrain from trading with a nation like the UK, anyway? What a silly thing to say. 

The question isn't whether you will succeed in getting trade deals, but how much they will cost and how good they will be. And again, the majority of economists agree that the end result will be a poorer UK. Sadly.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Will they though?  I mean I’m not Mr Politics as you know but do you not wonder perhaps if history will look fondly upon them as like...the champions of change, cuz times are changing, that much is clear.  What if there is a future in the offing where Gandhi and Churchill are considered cunts and...y’know, all sorts of other changes that you wouldn’t have guessed at 20 years previous?  

Was John Lennon a beacon of progress when he was sitting in bed with Yoko? Most people then thought, ''what a knobhead - what are you doing John?''. Most people now I expect still see that period as John's ''nutty'' period and best dismissed, unless you like avant garde albums with Yoko screaming, and with John with his johnson out on the LP cover. 

I am not pretending it didn't occur, I am saying I don't think anyone here would claim no one would trade with the UK. Why on earth would other countries refrain from trading with a nation like the UK, anyway? What a silly thing to say. 

The question isn't whether you will succeed in getting trade deals, but how much they will cost and how good they will be. And again, the majority of economists agree that the end result will be a poorer UK. Sadly.

People who frequently support you on here have made that very claim on this forum - I am not naming names. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Was John Lennon a beacon of progress when he was sitting in bed with Yoko? Most people then thought, ''what a knobhead - what are you doing John?''. Most people now I expect still see that period as John's ''nutty'' period and best dismissed, unless you like avant garde albums with Yoko screaming, and with John with his johnson out on the LP cover. 

yeah, s'pose so but at the same time documentaries and shit are made about him trying to position him as an activist icon too.  You could argue its the part that is why John is more regarded as an artist artist artist, over and above the other Beatles.  But overall I suppose you're right, Beatles fans make more of him than like...y'know, academic history in that regard.

Edited by Len Cnut
4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

yeah, s'pose so but at the same time documentaries and shit are made about him trying to position him as an activist icon too.  You could argue its the part that is why John is more regarded as an artist artist artist, over and above the other Beatles. 

I don't know about that, unless you are being broader and discussing 'Imagine' which succeeded the bed period. The bed stuff is sill seen as comical I feel. John Lennon was the original Extinction Rebel really.

Do you really think that history will see this cheese stick chomping bunch as harbingers?

PS

Oh I forgot. I see they got their norks out on Whitehall. You didn't go for a perv, did you?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People who frequently support you on here have made that very claim on this forum - I am not naming names. 

What? I don't know what surprises me most, that I have people who frequently support me or people who have made the silly claim that UK will not be able to enter trade deals after Brexit. And why don't you want to name them? Afraid they will point out you are lying about what they have said?

Anyway, some Business 101: Any country with a product to sell, will be able to land trade deals with other countries. Any country with a need to buy another product from another country, will be able to land trade deals with other countries. It is just a matter of agreeing on a price. And both of these are correct for the UK. You, like any other country on earth will be able to land trade deals. No other country will go, "Hmm, I have goods to sell and UK wants it, but they are an island so I will pass on selling stuff to them," or, "Hmm, the UK has what we need, but they are so insignificant, I will pass on buying from them."

But we are still discussing silliness. Why not triumphantly explain how this trade deal with the Japan means Brexit will not result in worse economy for the UK?

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What? I don't know what surprises me most, that I have people who frequently support me or people who have made the silly claim that UK will not be able to enter trade deals after Brexit. And why don't you want to name them? Afraid they will point out you are lying about what they have said?

I would only quote them and that would entail dredging through about 200 posts of Brexit arguing - not a pleasing task.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know about that, unless you are being broader and discussing 'Imagine' which succeeded the bed period. The bed stuff is sill seen as comical I feel. John Lennon was the original Extinction Rebel really.

Do you really think that history will see this cheese stick chomping bunch as harbingers?

PS

Oh I forgot. I see they got their norks out on Whitehall. You didn't go for a perv, did you?

What the fuck are they doing?  As a fan of the 60s though, do you not see a little of what you were into in that lot?  Crazy, kooky fuckin'...weirdoness.  There was a lot of political craziness and protests and even riots even in them days, where do you stand on those, though of course the issues were different.  Grosvenor Square got pretty violent, didn't it?

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuck are they doing?  As a fan of the 60s though, do you not see a little of what you were into in that lot?  Crazy, kooky fuckin'...weirdoness.  There was a lot of political craziness and protests and even riots even in them days, where do you stand on those, though of course the issues were different.  Grosvenor Square got pretty violent, didn't it?

It is so smug and middle class though, so Waitrosey. I mean they are even quite blatant about this,

EhJqKwzX0AAT2cy?format=jpg&name=small

And the 1960s? I refer back to Woodstock when Townsend booted Hoffman, rabbiting on about John Sinclair, off-stage. Just a load of stoned middle-class half-wits basically. 

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is so smug and middle class though, so Waitrosey. I mean they are even quite blatant about this,

EhJqKwzX0AAT2cy?format=jpg&name=small

And the 1960s? I refer back to Woodstock when Townsend booted Hoffman, rabbiting on about John Sinclair, off-stage. Just a load of stoned middle-class half-wits basically. 

Oh, right, so the working class are to blame for fucking the world up?  Charming. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

When does the food shortages and zombie apocalypse make an appearance then? 

Is that imports, exports or both combined?

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh, right, so the working class are to blame for fucking the world up?  Charming. 

That is very recent. That is when they cut-off the press printing and distribution places a few days ago. They claimed that the press were not covering climate change yet - oh the irony! - The Sun had an issue that very morning which featured an article by Attenborough on climate change! People wouldn't be able to read it because of Extinction Rebellion!!

They also claimed it was directed at the ''Murdoch press'' yet those presses print non-Murdoch titles such as the Telegraph, Mail and Evening Standard.

Basically it was an assault on our free press, a cornerstone of our democracy. 

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Is that imports, exports or both combined?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-japan-agree-historic-free-trade-agreement

PS

I suppose I could have plonked this in either of two places,

Edited by DieselDaisy
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Most of it is with you. Or your northern alter ego. 

Northern alter ego? More northern than me? There is only one on this forum more North than me, I believe :)

But here you have a possibility to engage in 200 new posts with someone other than me.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Northern alter ego? More northern than me? There is only one on this forum more North than me, I believe :)

But here you have a possibility to engage in 200 new posts with someone other than me.

I believe that, if you didn't exist, my post count would be at around 9. Probably about 9 posts slagging off Rose for being a fat bastard. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I believe that, if you didn't exist, my post count would be at around 9. Probably about 9 posts slagging off Rose for being a fat bastard. 

So you are just a mirror of me? The yin to my yang? The bad to my right? Thank you.

Dozo arigato Gozaimasu. Japan. My favourite country. Not like that cheese eating Euro lot. Proper outstanding people, the Japanese.  

EhoJt7QWsAEn9Ak?format=jpg&name=small

So you are just a mirror of me? The yin to my yang? The bad to my right? Thank you.

I believe there is a sitcom being written about this subject by certain people here. 

28 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Teaming up yet again. What is it with these two?

114355371-111.jpg

More comebacks than Frank Sinatra.

Vomit inducing.

Maybe they're thinking they wouldn't have signed an international treaty without reading it like your mate Boris did less than a year ago. I'm just speculating though. :shrugs: 

Edited by Dazey
37 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Maybe they're thinking they wouldn't have signed an international treaty without reading it like your mate Boris did less than a year ago. I'm just speculating though. :shrugs: 

Dominic Grieve just been on radio airing his Grieve-ances.... David Gauke the other day. It's the usual suspects popping up time and time again isn't it? *sigh*

I've almost got a full house in Remoaner bingo.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

One of them looked at Cherie and though, ''she's a corker''. The other saw Edwina and thought, ''wow, what a babe''. 

Just think about that for a second.

A Vine and a creeper. :lol: 

referendum-10.jpg?crop=61:55,smart&width