British Politics

Gracii Guns

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't write the highly rhetorical question from the perspective and specifics of a British withdrawal, but, wanting to belong to such an organisation in the first place! The language should have made it clear. It was rather aimed at an outsider to the debate, a non-European.

But clearly with the inference that we're better off out of it because "look at all these horrible things that we have to put up with". I was simply pointing out that none of those points are a decent argument for leaving and rather only relevant if you were never a member in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

But clearly with the inference that we're better off out of it because "look at all these horrible things that we have to put up with". I was simply pointing out that none of those points are a decent argument for leaving and rather only relevant if you were never a member in the first place.

You are leaving out the issue of sovereignty. Brewer was on QT and spoke more eloquently than I on this very issue.

All my twitter chums are going to only ''buy British''. I suppose you will be doing the reverse, and confining yourself to French cheese and German cars from now on?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You are leaving out the issue of sovereignty. Brewer was on QT and spoke more eloquently than I on this very issue.

All my twitter chums are going to only ''buy British''. I suppose you will be doing the reverse, and confining yourself to French cheese and German cars from now on?

Why would I want to limit my choices at all? I didn't vote for this mess.

Is it unpatriotic to short the FTSE? I am doing it to the Dutch's index also. British-Euro markets collapsed because of idem. You could buy cheap but probably worthwhile to sit on things and just sell (hopefully von Trapp and Bojo don't sign a deal haha*).

*If you believe that will happen, BUY BUY BUY.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is it unpatriotic to short the FTSE? I am doing it to the Dutch's index also. British-Euro markets collapsed because of idem. You could buy cheap but probably worthwhile to sit on things and just sell (hopefully von Trapp and Bojo don't sign a deal haha).

Probably better off shorting the GBP/NZD currency pair if this all goes tits up.

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Probably better off shorting the GBP/NZD currency pair if this all goes tits up.

I have made a bomb this morning. Rolls-Royce cfd with leverage. Perfect ''no deal'' stock considering it is an Anglo-German car manufacturer. But there is loads of places you can turn, Aston Martin, the supermakets.

'Spoons slumped also. You will probably regard that as karma I imagine, given Tim Martin's brexit credentials?

Edited by DieselDaisy

This could be the single most epic act of self harm imaginable from Sunderland voters. Yet I'll bet that most of 'em will still claim that this is what they voted for even as the bulldozers move in.

Edited by Dazey

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Not wrong am I? Mackems voted to royally fuck themselves in the arse with a cactus! 

I suspect that describes having to watch their football club every Saturday (I know - I sit with a load of them).

There will certainly be an element of reindustrialization and geo-economic realignment as we divert resources away from industries integrated with the EU and into flagging/underdeveloped industries, and more towards import-export outside the EU; it may lead to changes in domestic consumption, domestic (''buy British'') and non-EU produce being favoured over the produce of EU member states. None of this is inherently bad, unless you view macroeconomics as static, which it isn't. Here for instance is an example of economic regeneration for Brexit Britain - just announced today,

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-9038971/UKs-gigaplant-Blyth-bring-3k-new-jobs-North-East.html

Is this a cycler thing with you, by the way: Trump; Brexit; Trump; Brexit?

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suspect that describes having to watch their football club every Saturday (I know - I sit with a load of them).

There will certainly be an element of reindustrialization and geo-economic realignment as we divert resources away from industries integrated with the EU and into flagging/underdeveloped industries, and more towards import-export outside the EU; it may lead to changes in domestic consumption, domestic (''buy British'') and non-EU produce being favoured over the produce of EU member states. None of this is inherently bad, unless you view macroeconomics as static, which it isn't. Here for instance is an example of economic regeneration for Brexit Britain - just announced today,

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-9038971/UKs-gigaplant-Blyth-bring-3k-new-jobs-North-East.html

Is it a surprise that I would be talking about Trump during the election and Brexit a couple of days before we potentially crash out with no deal?

On topic though I can't see the poor fuckers who could potentially end up unemployed in the new year being especially overjoyed that they could get a job making fucking Duracells in 2026.

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Is it a surprise that I would be talking about Trump during the election and Brexit a couple of days before we potentially crash out with no deal?

On topic though I can't see the poor fuckers who could potentially end up unemployed in the new year being especially overjoyed that they could get a job making fucking Duracells in 2026.

Weird. Right now there are millions of people being made redundant on a daily basis for a flu which kills 1%. Didn't see you show much concern for them. And when I mention the fisheries and coastal communities which were blitzed by your EC/EU, it produces nothing but ridicule. 

• Haha 1

England Rugby ex-player, Brian Moore. He is another of your lot, Dazey. Terry, Brian and Dazey, all remoaning there way to Waitrose for their (now comically even more expensive) packets of European nibbles. Moore is also obsessed with Trump and Yank politics like you.

I know all the best remoaners, me haha. Cricket pundit Legside Lizzy, she is another one. 

PS

He who shall remain nameless went around ignoring me for the best part of two months - even innocuous non-political stuff - and then when I ignore him (by blocking him) he cannot leave me alone!

(Noticed the ball head).

Edited by DieselDaisy

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Weird. Right now there are millions of people being made redundant on a daily basis for a flu which kills 1%. Didn't see you show much concern for them. And when I mention the fisheries and coastal communities which were blitzed by your EC/EU, it produces nothing but ridicule. 

He's a fucking class traitor is what he is, the fat cunt :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

But what would your message be to someone who didn't vote to leave , didnt particularly want to lose their job but now will as a consequence of no deal.

I know you don't like to ever give an inch on this but you can see surely that its going to be a pain in the arse for people.

5 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

But what would your message be to someone who didn't vote to leave , didnt particularly want to lose their job but now will as a consequence of no deal.

I know you don't like to ever give an inch on this but you can see surely that its going to be a pain in the arse for people.

#sovereignty 

I can’t remember voting for the fucking virus either. 
The only ridicule you’ll see from me is directed at the assertion that you can avenge the death of the fishing industry by putting even more people out of work. 

Edited by Dazey

10 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I would probably direct their ire towards the negotiators who have failed to reach an agreement. 

It will be considerably so, although I still maintain that nothing much will change on January 1st.

Merkel and Macron have just snubbed last minute phone discussions!

You wanted two people to blame for failure to reach a deal? By all means chuck in Farage and Bojo if that is your inclination, but Macron certainly has to feature prominently. 

You know who’s not to blame? The people who didn’t vote for this nonsense. Perversely I suppose that would include you. 😂