41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ditched the licence fee in spring. Door slammed on their minions. Letters in bin. 

Stopped paying it when I got rid of Sky 5 years ago. Since then I've just made sure that I don't have a telly that's visible through an accessible window. :lol: 

Have you actually had anybody come to check on you? I've never had any visits in all that time. Just make a declaration online and they seem to have fucked off.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8 half naked men in a hot tub. Seems pretty Greek to me.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Stopped paying it when I got rid of Sky 5 years ago. Since then I've just made sure that I don't have a telly that's visible through an accessible window. :lol: 

I have tucked mine a bit closer into the alcove so it cannot be seen.

Edit,

Yes. Some young guy. I just said, ''I don't watch television'' and he said, ''okay, I'll cross you off the list then''. Apparently the BBC have been inundated with cancellations due to their escalation of wokery since the Floyd thing and charging the pensioners, and are struggling to cope. They parcel collection out to private companies so there is a variety on how it is conducted. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

It was a combination of multiple reasons that had been escalating for years why I cancelled and become a fully-fledged BBC hater: inflated salaries of luvvies like Lineker; decline in programming quality; adoption of woke, remoanism and Londoncentric metro elite politics/ideologies; charging pensioners; (me) watching less-and-less irrespective; but the final straw was this,

30192096-8471539-image-a-12_159345139149

I cancelled that very day. 

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Dazey said:

To think you could have had your Brexit nearly 30 years ago if Rory Bremner hadn't fucked you over @DieselDaisy. :lol: 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/30/rory-bremner-prank-conservative-tory-party-revolt-john-major

Would you, a remoaner, have supported being pegged to the ERM, the Bank of England losing £3.14 billion (and Soros short selling) on Black Wednesday, or joining the disastrous Euro during the Blair era?

So - correct me if I'm wrong -  I have approximately under 1 hour 30 minutes until we enter a Mad Maxean stroke Romero-esque dystopia; food and pharmaceutical shortages; lorries clogging up byways; businesses collapsing like dominoes; rampaging racist hordes (and ehh, the Tory party) implementing their nefarious racist designs; a pariah state bereft of any sort of trade relations or foreign affairs?

Should I prepare myself? 

We will see if these predictions of Dazey, Soul (et al) were correct in just over an hour's time. Or will the results be more prosaic and ''business as usual'' (as I predicted).

Counting...

One wild night.

I was going to order a Chinese but forgot and fell asleep so will probably have cheese toasties (thank you George) for my New Years/Brexit combo celebratory tea. Probably not drink either, although there is beer in the fridge if I desire.

One wild night. 

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So - correct me if I'm wrong -  I have approximately under 1 hour 30 minutes until we enter a Mad Maxean stroke Romero-esque dystopia; food and pharmaceutical shortages; lorries clogging up byways; businesses collapsing like dominoes; rampaging racist hordes (and ehh, the Tory party) implementing their nefarious racist designs; a pariah state bereft of any sort of trade relations or foreign affairs?

Should I prepare myself? 

We will see if these predictions of Dazey, Soul (et al) were correct in just over an hour's time. Or will the results be more prosaic and ''business as usual'' (as I predicted).

Counting...

I have never made any such predictions, you confused man. 

Nope.

Few fireworks let off, one hour in advance of midnight, but I haven't had a zombie hammering at the door, or seen a marauding biker gang yet.

PS

I'm disappointed,

Where are the zombies and biker gangs?

Edited by DieselDaisy

Remember how Brexit was going to single handedly save the UK fishing industry? It's almost as if cutting ties with our largest trading partner and adding in all sorts of bureaucracy and red tape where hitherto there was none was a bad idea. I don't know about anybody else but this comes as a complete shock to me. :lol:   

Brexit: Fishing firms hold London protest over disruption

Fishing businesses hit by post-Brexit export problems have demonstrated outside various government departments in Westminster. Exports of fresh fish and seafood have been severely disrupted by new border controls since the UK's transition period ended earlier this month. A BBC reporter said between 15-20 lorries had been driving up Whitehall in central London. The prime minister has promised compensation for affected firms.

Industry associations have complained that extra paperwork has made it difficult to deliver fresh produce to mainland Europe before it goes off. On Sunday, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said ministers were working with the sector to resolve "teething problems" faced by exporters. Mark Moore, manager of the Dartmouth Crab Company, said his business and others were protesting to "raise awareness" of the impact of new border checks.

He told BBC Radio Five Live his company had faced delays of up to eight and a half hours when delivering produce into the European Union. He added that the situation was "especially difficult" for the shellfish sector, where goods were at risk of going off before reaching customers.

"It's not about the increased documentation per se," he said. "We have taken that on board, and we ourselves - and I know many others - have had no issues with producing the actual paperwork." "It's the volume required and the timeframe in which to produce it, which doesn't lend itself to live shellfish and fish generally."

Edited by Dazey

Loving all this sovereignty. 

Tonnes of meat rotting at the border due to Brexit red tape

British meat exporters joined fishermen yesterday to warn that their exports to Europe were being crippled by post-Brexit customs red tape.

In the past two weeks fresh produce worth hundreds of thousands of pounds has been impounded at European ports for not having the correct paperwork.

One exporter has five containers’ worth of fresh pork that has been stuck in Rotterdam for two weeks because a veterinary certificate had been filled in incorrectly.

Another had five lorries, each containing 23 tonnes of fresh chilled meat, valued at £500,000, impounded in Calais for three days.

Much of the meat will have to be destroyed; products such as pork and chicken need to be processed within eight days of slaughter. The industry has warned that European customers are looking for alternative suppliers as exporters suffer “catastrophic delays for perishable products”.

“The new post-Brexit customs system for meat products is convoluted, archaic and badly implemented,” said Nick Allen, chief executive of the British Meat Processors Association.

“If continental supermarkets are unable to have products delivered the way they need them to be, this trade will simply be lost as EU customers abandon UK suppliers and source product from European processors.”

Seafood hauliers descended on Downing Street in HGVs yesterday to protest at the disruption that has led to trade with the Continent grinding to a halt because of delays at the border.

More than a dozen lorries with slogans such as “Brexit carnage” and “Incompetent government destroying shellfish industry” were parked in Whitehall, having been driven down to London from ports around the country.

Boris Johnson said that he understood the “frustrations” of businesses trying to export to Europe and said that any seafood businesses experiencing difficulty exporting to the EU “through no fault of their own” would be compensated.

He said: “I sympathise very much and understand their frustrations, and things have been exacerbated by Covid, and the demand hasn’t been what it was before the pandemic and that’s one of the problems we’re trying to deal with. Where businesses, through no fault of their own, have faced difficulties exporting where there is a genuine willing buyer, there’s a £23 million fund to help out.”

The meat industry said that many of its problems lay in the export health certificates that had to accompany all shipments. These certificates are generated by filling in the product code online and printing them out before getting them signed by a vet. Many of the forms then need to be altered by hand — because they are not specific enough — and each change also has to be stamped and initialled by the vet.

Mr Allen said that some forms he had seen had up to 50 different stamps on them, causing even more confusion at the border.

Tony Hale, managing director of London-based DH Foods, said that he had five containers of fresh pork sitting at Rotterdam port that was now “completely rotten”. He added: “There is nothing we can do about it. We can no longer sell it, but we can’t even bring it back into this country because we don’t have the right forms to do so.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tonnes-of-meat-rotting-at-the-border-due-to-brexit-red-tape-vprt3h8cm?shareToken=0a7e895f3a1fa855d6f56d2f1f74dd99&fbclid=IwAR0mw7Axu0Yl7NGhmxk9a3tyLciar1U_mVD3jg92uFgsoxtaK2zTcXEDbfY