• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8 half naked men in a hot tub. Seems pretty Greek to me.

Says you? Your entire argument seems to revolve around fish and getting fucked up the arse! You’re the political equivalent of a Led Zeppelin after show party.  

Posted Images

On 2/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, Dazey said:

Nice to see that not a lot has changed in the last 40 years. :lol: 

Kilomolimeters 😂

We used to rule the world 😂

I fought in the war 😂

I think that two minute clip is the best representation of England that I've seen in years. Perfect. 

And for the record - I also don't like driving abroad due to getting less mpg 😳

Nice to see the UK fishing industry roaring back to life after Brexit. :facepalm:

UK seafood firms have found their exports to the EU strangled after new red tape kicked in - but Environment Secretary George Eustice insisted it was Brussels' fault

Tory ministers faced a backlash tonight after blaming the EU for a “devastating” ban on British shellfish exports due to Brexit.

Seafood firms have warned of a “crisis” since January 1 with one firm in Bridlington, Baron Shellfish, shutting its doors after 40 years.

Labour Shadow Environment Minister Stephanie Peacock said “many fleets are unable to sell their catches, and exporters unable to ship and trade.”

She added: “A multi million pound industry has ground to a halt overnight. Jobs and communities are at risk. Unless this situation is resolved the UK shellfish industry will not survive.”

She went on: “Whoever is to blame, the fact is that shellfish farmers and fishers are not able to export their most valuable product to their most important market.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-bks-fury-uk-blames-23465088

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Nice to see the UK fishing industry roaring back to life after Brexit. :facepalm:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-bks-fury-uk-blames-23465088

Didn't you read? It was Brussels fault. EU keeps fucking up for mighty Britain even after you've got out of it. It's obvious you need to leave world society altogether. Leaving the EU simply wasn't enough. Leave the world. With no one to export to, export can't pummel. Problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Didn't you read? It was Brussels fault. EU keeps fucking up for mighty Britain even after you've got out of it. It's obvious you need to leave world society altogether. Leaving the EU simply wasn't enough. Leave the world. With no one to export to, export can't pummel. Problem solved. 

It's all the EU's fault that a law that was enacted while the UK was a member to restrict exports from 3rd countries is now being applied to the UK which is now a 3rd country and causing restrictions on our exports. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It's all the EU's fault that a law that was enacted while the UK was a member to restrict exports from 3rd countries is now being applied to the UK which is now a 3rd country and causing restrictions on our exports. :lol: 

You should move to the moon to get away from pesky foreigners with their laws and agreements. No fish there either, or anything else, for foreigners to steal from you.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

You should move to the moon to get away from pesky foreigners with their laws and agreements. No fish there either, or anything else, for foreigners to steal from you.

Care for a little sectarian terrorism with your shellfish sir? :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Care for a little sectarian terrorism with your shellfish sir? :lol: 

That's actually a bit frightening. Oh well, that's the price you have to pay for at least getting governed by proper Brits out of London and not non-brits out of Brussels.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's actually a bit frightening. Oh well, that's the price you have to pay for at least getting governed by proper Brits out of London and not non-brits out of Brussels.

Plus we can't even get our favourite snacks anymore. :( 

wRHLOZz.jpg 

It’s been a bit funny to watch all the reports documenting reactions by those who supported Brexit who now bitch about the consequences. My favourite is still Roger Daltrey crying about needing a visa to go to Europe. 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know if I should relish in schadenfreude or be sad. I mean, I really, really like the Brits and wish them all well. But... they brought this upon themselves.

Can I come and live at your house? :lol: 

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know if I should relish in schadenfreude or be sad. I mean, I really, really like the Brits and wish them all well. But... they brought this upon themselves.

Be sad for us Scots at least, we didn't vote for this and are now being put through it by the Tory wankers anyway.

35 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Be sad for us Scots at least, we didn't vote for this and are now being put through it by the Tory wankers anyway.

Sure, there will be a little less sadness available for the English then, but sure.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:32 AM, Graeme said:

Do you think this is the thing that finally pushes Scottish independence to the finish line?  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Do you think this is the thing that finally pushes Scottish independence to the finish line?  

As much as I don't want to see the break up of the UK I think that the Scots should at least be given the opportunity to hold a second independence referendum. I think Brexit is a big enough fuck you for them to argue for it. 

So England has implemented hotel quarantine from today meaning that anybody arriving from a high risk country has to stay in an airport hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750. Scotland however has implemented the same scheme only they are applying it to arrivals from all countries without exception. Today a flight was due to arrive in Scotland from Istanbul (not on the England list) with 65 people on board. The flight landed with 5 passengers as the rest likely re-booked a flight via England and got a train home. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, downzy said:

Well, it's unlikely to be straightforward, but there are signs pointing in that direction.

During the first referendum, independence wasn't that popular to begin with - it had about 25% support when the vote was announced in 2011 and that grew to 45% over the course of the campaign, that being the final 'Yes' vote total in the 2014 referendum.

In the years after the referendum, the demographics basically stagnated at 55% No-45% Yes, although support for independence did creep up to around 48% after the Brexit vote, this wasn't seen as earth-shatteringly significant because it was still below 50%.

However, from the start of 2020 until now, there have been 21 consecutive opinion polls showing support for independence between 52% and 58%, so it would appear to have become the preferred position of the majority of people in Scotland.

Whether that can be converted into a legally binding vote remains to be seen. In the 2014 vote, the Conservative-led UK Government agreed to make it legally binding after the pro-independence, Centre-Left Scottish National Party won resoundingly in the Scottish Parliament elections, basically because they thought there was no chance in hell that 'Yes' would win. Now, they're being significantly more reluctant to do it, even if confronted with a strong pro-independence result in the Scottish elections, claiming 'now is not the time...' and other flimsy arguments that may hold water purely because they're the 'sovereign' government (although, under Scots Law, which has equal standing in the UK legal system, in Scotland, it is the people who are sovereign, not the government or the monarch - so this may be able to be challenged in court). They're basically trying to 'Catalonia' us, which is extremely frustrating, I wish they'd play fairly by the rules they already established...

At the moment, the Scottish National Party, which is the main (but not the only) party that supports independence is going through some pretty painful internal turmoil as well, splits, disagreements and scandals, which certainly doesn't help matters - so a successful independence bid may also depend on them getting their house in order.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing lots of sympathy for Shemima Begum or whatever her name is online. I'm as leftie as they come 99% of the time, believe in universal healthcare for all, unemployment benefits, disability benefits, child support, free council housing for the homeless, maybe even a universal basic income etc etc.... but sympathising with ISIS members.... c'mon, like what the fuck? :shrugs:

Best thing would be to put a bullet in her head, and all her terrorist buddies. The alternative is her being in prison either in the UK or abroad, where she'll be able to radicalise others whilst taxpayers pay for her to get a roof over her head, three meals a day and healthcare - there are millions of hardworking people living in poverty who don't get that luxury, so why should she? Fuck em, I don't care how old she was or if she was groomed online at a young age. She doesn't deserve shit.

They bombed and beheaded innocent people around the world. Lets do the same to them and make it a Pay Per View, we could all do with some cheering up after dealing with Covid for the last year :lol:

On 2/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, Dazey said:

As much as I don't want to see the break up of the UK I think that the Scots should at least be given the opportunity to hold a second independence referendum. I think Brexit is a big enough fuck you for them to argue for it. 

The main issue with a second referendum is the precedent and constitutional issues it creates. Why should one referendum get a second chance at things asking the same question simply because, a few years later, possibly people have changed their minds, but another referendum is fixed for life? That's the issue, regardless of your political views.

The whole situation is fucked due to brexit - you can't allow Scotland to have a second referendum on independence  while not allowing the UK a second referendum on Brexit. Once the "once in a generation" referendum argument is gone if there was a second referendum, precedent then would allow for second referendums, third referendums, and so on (keep going until you get the answer you want), and before you know it you're into further political mess.

This is regardless of your personal views (and in the interests of transparency, I want the UK to remain together, and didn't want Brexit).

Brexit has basically constitutionally fucked the UK.