Favourite NON-AFD members?

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Gilby hands down... 

He seamlessly filled a giant void that Izzy left
He had no ego and didn't act like a knob
He didn't act like a buffoon on stage and knew his role
His playing style fit perfectly and played the songs closer to their true form than anyone since
His backing vocals are criminally underrated.. They came in huge during the Skin N' Bones acoustic sets

Too bad he didn't stick around because he has some writing skills too.

I guess Matt after that.. He is kind of a tool but giving the situation we have now, it seems his drumming was under appreciated..

I totally agree, Gilby has been the best Izzy of them all (except for Izzy of course)

• Like 2

Gilby was fine. But I prefer Richard. Richard doesn t overact like many here say ,that s just his way to play and his stage presence. Of course he is not Izzy but I think Richard is absolute fine and he bleeds music out of his venes. Saw him live with newgnr and dead daisies. He s cool.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

Gilby was fine. But I prefer Richard. Richard doesn t overact like many here say ,that s just his way to play and his stage presence. Of course he is not Izzy but I think Richard is absolute fine and he bleeds music out of his venes. Saw him live with newgnr and dead daisies. He s cool.

Agree with that.

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

I wish Steven would be the drummer for the NITL tour :drool:

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I'd love to see Brain come back at some point.

I love his drumming. And in contrast to Frank he knew how to play the AfD songs. 

Edited by Sosso

There's been a lot of great people in the band post AFD: Dizzy, Robin Finck, Buckethead, Tommy Stinson, Brain, Freeze, Bumble, Fortus. Saying my favorite is a hard choice, id lead to Robin though for his melodic solos. Bumblefoot is also close for being amazing to the fans all those years.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

Buckethead for sure, cause he was so weird and obviously a great guitarist too. I like some of his solo stuff also.

Frank is cool cause he's always smiling and I love his drum fills.

Bumblefoot always seemed like a super nice guy, but at the same time rock n roll enough to fight with some of the other members. Played masterfully both Slash's and Buckethead's parts. I like some of his solo stuff too.

I always liked the way Finck moves on stage. His original look was ridiculously out of place in GNR, but his 2006 look was awesome.

Dizzy is Dizzy. Plays a mean keyboard and you gotta appreciate his loyalty.

Fortus is as good of an Izzy replacement as can be.

Tommy Stinson was as good of a Duff replacement as can be.

3 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Hey guys, who's everyones favourite member or touring member outside of the AFD 5? 

I'd prob go Ron or Gilby. They both cared, gave it their all and supported and wanted to make new music, were fan friendly and most of all killed it live 99% percent of the time. 

Also add reasons why please!! 

you mean favorite NON GNR members?

I'm going with Gilby. I think he did a hell of a job. He learned the songs really fast and they even played Locomotive in some of his first shows. I think he was a good fit overall.

Also, Wild Horses '92 > Wish You Were Here 2016

I don't consider what happened between 1997 and 2015 to be GNR but I love many of those guys. Buckethead, Richard, Tommy, Brain and Josh especially. I also developed a soft spot for DJ Ashba after all the shit I saw him get in here :lol: He's a big fan of the band and probably the only one who wasn't afraid to compliment Slash when he was in a band with Axl.

I'm not sure who's my least favorite between Paul Huge, Frank, Dizzy and Pitman. Out of the four, Frank seems to be a nice guy at least.

• Like 1