Roger Waters ‘Is This the Life We Really Want?’

Silent Jay

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Not sure how I quoted you twice lol

In any case, I'm listening to side 1 right now myself. 

First side skipped so much despite cleaning that I finally had to switch to streaming it. :(

11 minutes ago, smoke said:

First side skipped so much despite cleaning that I finally had to switch to streaming it. :(

Oh no! Mine played through fine. Hopefully you can get an exchange fairly easily!

Finished my first listen and initial impressions are great. It will be some time before I decide where it lands as far as scoring but I liked it a great deal. I have a 2 hour drive coming up later today so I'll be streaming it in the car then. Later tonight, I'll be able to give it a real work out and spin the LP again while it's at a ridiculously high volume.

cant wait to hear it!

I love Animals can her that in one or two of the previously released tracks.  Others not at all.  The timbre of the strats being a bit more rugged is one of the Animals connections to me.

Not sure Ill be able to get it today - ahhhhhh!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

cant wait to hear it!

I love Animals can her that in one or two of the previously released tracks.  Others not at all.  The timbre of the strats being a bit more rugged is one of the Animals connections to me.

I'm on my third listen of the day, second on vinyl. This record is good. Really fucking good. It's the most straight up Floyd thing he's done in his solo career. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm on my third listen of the day, second on vinyl. This record is good. Really fucking good. It's the most straight up Floyd thing he's done in his solo career. 

Now you've got me really primed to hear it!  Defeinty going with vinyl.  Looking forward to seeng the artwork and layout too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

cant wait to hear it!

oh i hope you do! :)

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks!  Looking doubtful for today, but hopefully.  Are you looking to get it as well?

not at the moment lol. i spent too much on the GN'R tix for November. so funny, it just came to me that hopefully knock on wood fingers crossed i will be seeing them play November Rain IN November! :) 

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

not at the moment lol. i spent too much on the GN'R tix for November. so funny, it just came to me that hopefully knock on wood fingers crossed i will be seeing them play November Rain IN November! :) 

Very cool!  Just hope you dont get rained on. :) 

28 minutes ago, soon said:

Now you've got me really primed to hear it!  Defeinty going with vinyl.  Looking forward to seeng the artwork and layout too.  

Won't spoil it for you, but the artwork is a little underwhelming for me. I get the theme of it as it relates to the album, it's just a little less than I was hoping for. Then again, between the music and the artwork, I'd rather the artwork lack than the music lol 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Won't spoil it for you, but the artwork is a little underwhelming for me. I get the theme of it as it relates to the album, it's just a little less than I was hoping for. Then again, between the music and the artwork, I'd rather the artwork lack than the music lol 

oh, thanks for the heads up.  Agreed all about the music at the end of the day.  With Storm having passed away I guess I should've seen that coming, even if Roger hasn't always worked with him, he maybe would've this time again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soon said:

oh, thanks for the heads up.  Agreed all about the music at the end of the day.  With Storm having passed away I guess I should've seen that coming, even if Roger hasn't always worked with him, he maybe would've this time again.

I'll tell you this much, a lot of the piano work seems like a direct tip of the hat to Rick, which I enjoy a great deal. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'll tell you this much, a lot of the piano work seems like a direct tip of the hat to Rick, which I enjoy a great deal. 

I love Ricks playing.  Ill gladly take that too.  But it does seem bitter sweet on a few fronts, to me.  But Ricks style should live on so thats great.

• Like 1

How much longer can you do tour?

Probably, not much longer. This might well be the last one. If it goes on for a couple of years I may well be done. We'll see. You never say never. I try and stay fit. I am fit, otherwise I couldn't do it. So we'll see.

Is it possible that any time before you call it quits, you and former Floyd guitarist David Gilmour will do a set of shows?

I think it's very unlikely.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/7817707/roger-waters-talks-veterans-touring-and-calling-it-quits?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter

22 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Absolutely fantastic album.... take a bow, Roger. :shades:

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I don't understand where Wait For Her fits in with the record but I like the song enough that I'm glad it's on there. I know a lot of people who are far more into this album right off the top than they've ever been with any of his previous solo work, so that's good too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

This is up there as one of the albums of the year so far.

Totally agree. At first I thought I'd just say that because I'm such a big fan. I've had some time to really dig in and it's quite impressive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...