Best sound quality Axl/DC recording

default_

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Right okay. Well it may be the longest in terms of songs played, I can't think if another show when 25  songs were played.

This is true. My mind instantly thought "duration" rather than song quantity. Yeah 25 is probably a record for them.

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

do they have an intermission for getting drinks and bathroom breaks?? :P

They used to. It was called "The Jack." ;)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, James Bond said:

This is true. My mind instantly thought "duration" rather than song quantity. Yeah 25 is probably a record for them.

Angus's solo is like 20 minutes long.

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

hey i love that song, Bon's voice is just so great. i like the "explicit" version best :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hey i love that song, Bon's voice is just so great. i like the "explicit" version best :)

It was something that should have stayed with Bon. It got overplayed big time in the Brian era! Finally it got dropped on the ROB tour after the first night.

I actually prefer the studio version. The lyrics are Bon at his best with the innuendo and wordplay - the same meaning as the explicit version but cleverly masked by a game of poker. The explicit version was funny when I was 12 but I appreciate the subtle approach of the studio version better. 

I think part of what ruins the explicit version for me is, again, just the fact that it was so overplayed. Then just to add insult to injury it was Angus' strip song for the 2003 dates and the Black Ice Tour - thus making the song even longer. Ancient Chinese torture!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It was something that should have stayed with Bon. It got overplayed big time in the Brian era! Finally it got dropped on the ROB tour after the first night.

I actually prefer the studio version. The lyrics are Bon at his best with the innuendo and wordplay - the same meaning as the explicit version but cleverly masked by a game of poker. The explicit version was funny when I was 12 but I appreciate the subtle approach of the studio version better. 

I think part of what ruins the explicit version for me is, again, just the fact that it was so overplayed. Then just to add insult to injury it was Angus' strip song for the 2003 dates and the Black Ice Tour - thus making the song even longer. Ancient Chinese torture!

never saw or heard Brian do it thank goodness. Angus did a strip?? oh my, now that's a thought. so because i did not listen to the Brian version it was not overplayed for me. i like the studio version but the live Bon version is just so cute.

i never even knew the other version ( explicit one ) existed til a friend told me about it quite recently...

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never saw or heard Brian do it thank goodness. Angus did a strip?? oh my, now that's a thought. so because i did not listen to the Brian version it was not overplayed for me. i like the studio version but the live Bon version is just so cute.

i never even knew the other version ( explicit one ) existed til a friend told me about it quite recently...

Really eh? It's on the If You Want Blood live album.

Brian sang it fine and all that but it got so old every tour hearing "here's a song about a dirty woman" and knowing what was next.

Also you never saw the Angus striptease routine?

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

Really eh? It's on the If You Want Blood live album.

Brian sang it fine and all that but it got so old every tour hearing "here's a song about a dirty woman" and knowing what was next.

Also you never saw the Angus striptease routine?

nope. i just could not get into Brian . i am sure he is a wonderful person but he was not my cup of tea vocally.

and no, never saw the  striptease...is there one with Bon? :)

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

nope. i just could not get into Brian . i am sure he is a wonderful person but he was not my cup of tea vocally.

and no, never saw the  striptease...is there one with Bon? :)

No I mean the Bon version was on the If You Want Blood album, and that album is an essential listen if you're a Bon fan! I was just surprised you hadn't ever heard the explicit version because at this point that's definitely the more common version to come across unless it's on the radio.

Striptease - absolutely, it started during the Bon era and usually was set to Bad Boy Boogie. Most accessible version is the Let There Be Rock concert film from 1979. The whole thing is on YouTube in HD. Skip ahead to Bad Boy Boogie and enjoy Angus stripping down to his shorts. That was a show staple until the Rock Or Bust tour when he abandoned it in favour of just slowly removing the tie, coat, etc... throughout the show once he starts sweating like mad. 

Filmed two months before Bon died making among his last performances.

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL this is getting all mixed up. of course i have heard that, i OWN the DVD concert. i have never seen the BRIAN version! :lol:

by the way that pic of Bon is my absolute favorite :wub:

God yeah I'm so confused. :lol:

Well if you own that DVD, you've seen the strip tease!

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

God yeah I'm so confused. :lol:

Well if you own that DVD, you've seen the strip tease!

ummmm well i kinda watched this one part where Bon's jeans are ripped. someone told me there was a certain ahhh situation he has? like a wardrobe malfunction?? oh yeah the part where Angus takes his shirt off and at the end pulls his shorts down?? LOL yeah i saw that :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10.9.2017 at 8:33 AM, DeadSlash said:

Dammit!  I missed this.  If you reup, could you possibly IM me?  I'll get a notice, I don't check the site everyday, so I might miss it.  I will check this thread a few times though, hopefully I won't miss it twice!

Me too please

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know if it's still up on utube but some dude posted a fan made '360 video of a 2016 acdc concert...I think I like the direction this is going.  There was some other artists who posted 360 vids of their performances professionally.  Cool stuff coming down the pike.

hmmm.....periscope '360...?? Nice ring to it.