Robert Plant New Album 'Carry Fire'

Silent Jay

http://www.robertplant.com/

http://www.feelnumb.com/2017/04/29/led-zeppelin-reunite-for-desert-trip-2017-festival-reunion/

Rumor has it they turned down a reported $14 million dollar pay day to play at last years festival and that this year there are “millions & millions” of more reasons why they should do it.

robertplantcarryfirecd.jpg

Robert Plant is set to release his 11th solo album on October 13 under the title of "Carry Fire."

As part of the announcement, the record's lead single "The May Queen" is available for streming.

Mr. Plant stated about the follow-up to 2014's "Lullaby And... The Ceaseless Roar" via press release.

"It's about intention. I respect and relish my past works, but each time I feel the incentive to create new work, I must mix old with new.

"Consequently, the whole impetus of the band has moved on its axis somewhat - the new sound and different space giving way to exciting and dramatic landscapes of mood, melody and instrumentation."

'Carry Fire' track listing:

1. The May Queen
2. New World...
3. Season’s Song
4. Dance With You Tonight
5. Carving Up the World Again
6. A Way With Words
7. Carry Fire
8. Bones of Saints
9. Keep It Hid
10. Bluebirds Over the Mountain
11. Heaven Sent

Edited by Silent Jay

Honestly, you probably have to drag Plant kicking and screaming. Despite the fact that he mostly just plays weak watered down versions of Zeppelin classics at his shows and ignores most of his own solo career.

Edited by moreblack

I dunno, I can see him possibly doing a one off like the Desert Trip with the rest of the septuagenarian 1960's/ 70's legend acts...........:shrugs:

They charge crazy money for that festival and if Led Zep were to reunite they could charge even more..........

Edited by classicrawker

From what I have read Jimmy is very sensitive to criticism of his work so I wonder if he is afraid to release new music as it would be near impossible to top his work with Led Zep....

A real pity as I thought some of the Page songs on the Coverdale/ Page album, "Shake My Tree", "Easy Does It" etc.... could have fit on any Led Zeppelin album....He took a ton of shit for that collaboration and has not done anything meaningful since IMHO.........

Edited by classicrawker

10 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

From what I have read Jimmy is very sensitive to criticism of his work so I wonder if he is afraid to release new music as it would be near impossible to top his work with Led Zep....

A real pity as I thought some of the Page songs on the Coverdale/ Page album, "Shake My Tree", "Easy Does It" etc.... could have fit on any Led Zeppelin album....He took a ton of shit for that collaboration and has not done anything meaningful since IMHO.........

Yeah, Jimmy definitely seems to lack confidence unless he's alongside Robert. Coverdale/Page was excellent, I agree.

8 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Same as Axl reuniting with Slash yes?...............:shrugs:

Not nearly, Axl hated Slash held grudge. Percy loves his former bandmates, he just doesn't love the idea of just getting together to play the oldies. 

Doesn't help that most times they've done it, it sounds really really far away from what their peak used to be.