General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

ok so i noticed that a few of us have interest in soaps here and have been posting them in the TV Show Thread and ran it past Gracii that maybe we need our own thread! so @dontdamnmeuyi2015 @marlingrl03 and anyone else who watches soap please come post here!

my first post is @dontdamnmeuyi2015 when you mentioned DOOL that got me thinking. i used to watch that way back in the day and i always loved the Bo/Hope story line. so i was watching some episodes on YouTube and saw that BO has DIED?? i saw the part where he dies and while it was very sad i thought it was kind of weird that they were full on making out before he died cos they both knew he was dying right then! but then i thought hey, there could be worse ways to go!

so anyone who likes soaps, watches them or has watched them and wanna get caught up come on in! :)

Well, they killed off Bo about 2 years ago. It seems the actor wanted to stay home with his wife and family. He is missed, but Hope has a new love.

Another actress will be leaving the show, she plays Nicole. I love her, but she also wants to do new things.

DOOL has new writers now and by the summer they said the soap will concentrate more on families and love couples rather than some of the action and crazy stuff they have had all year.

Today was Jane Elliot's last day as Tracy on GH. I did cry. I know the actors were actually crying too since she was really leaving the show. GH showed many of her scenes throughout the years. God I remembered them all. I will miss her. Yes there was a surprise at the end of the episode.

I was crazy for a moment when the damn news interrupted GH to tell us the House passed the bill to overturn Obamacare, but those damn news people still don't know exactly what this bill will do for the America people. I'm afraid we are going to be paying high premiums and since my brother has Obamacare and we both have pre-existing conditions, we are worried.

Anyway, luckily, the news didn't last long.

I love Olivia and Ned and hope they will become the next Q couple since Leila and Edward.

Sonny and Carly getting divorced. Carly is annoying me, I hope Sonny never gets back with her.

Cool, we have a soap discussion now.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, they killed off Bo about 2 years ago. It seems the actor wanted to stay home with his wife and family. He is missed, but Hope has a new love.

Another actress will be leaving the show, she plays Nicole. I love her, but she also wants to do new things.

DOOL has new writers now and by the summer they said the soap will concentrate more on families and love couples rather than some of the action and crazy stuff they have had all year.

Today was Jane Elliot's last day as Tracy on GH. I did cry. I know the actors were actually crying too since she was really leaving the show. GH showed many of her scenes throughout the years. God I remembered them all. I will miss her. Yes there was a surprise at the end of the episode.

I was crazy for a moment when the damn news interrupted GH to tell us the House passed the bill to overturn Obamacare, but those damn news people still don't know exactly what this bill will do for the America people. I'm afraid we are going to be paying high premiums and since my brother has Obamacare and we both have pre-existing conditions, we are worried.

I love Olivia and Ned and hope they will become the next Q couple since Leila and Edward.

Sonny and Carly getting divorced. Carly is annoying me, I hope Sonny never gets back with her.

i just finished watching! i admit i teared up too. i also truly dislike Carly at this point. i knew there would be something up with Sonny sleeping with the woman from the bar! oh i was surprised at the end of the show...wonder if we will ever know why Tracy did that?

i was always on and off with DOOL cos they moved it to where it was right up against OLTL. my mom worked full time but ALL the baby sitters we had watched AMC, OLTL and GH! but i did watch it when they killed off Zack, which was a shock because The Powers That Be swore they would never kill a child off on that soap unlike other soaps ( like BJ on GH )

yay we have a soap discussion! :lol:

20 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i only watch Emmerdale

i thought it was a law that everyone there watched East Enders? :P or has that been long gone? :)

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok i had to look this up...it was on 21 years?? that is a long time. i read it was filmed in real houses? that's interesting, did they film normal people walking around or kids playing in the cul de sac? :)

You've never lived until you've seen Jimmy Corkhill coked off his tits trying to break into Ron's camper van for money.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so i noticed that a few of us have interest in soaps here and have been posting them in the TV Show Thread and ran it past Gracii that maybe we need our own thread! so @dontdamnmeuyi2015 @marlingrl03 and anyone else who watches soap please come post here!

my first post is @dontdamnmeuyi2015 when you mentioned DOOL that got me thinking. i used to watch that way back in the day and i always loved the Bo/Hope story line. so i was watching some episodes on YouTube and saw that BO has DIED?? i saw the part where he dies and while it was very sad i thought it was kind of weird that they were full on making out before he died cos they both knew he was dying right then! but then i thought hey, there could be worse ways to go!

so anyone who likes soaps, watches them or has watched them and wanna get caught up come on in! :)

I am glad we get our own soap thread....great idea! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i just saw Coleman from GH on a Geico commercial! always loved him :D

Really? too funny!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I cried too, especially when Tracy and Ned were hugging. That was such a sweet moment. The farewell episode was great...but I could have done without that Nurse Amy, not a fan of hers. And agree with you about Carly, normally I have liked her but she is really turning me off lately!!

• Like 1

I can do a lot of good soap impressions. I do a good Deidre. I think I have already mentioned my Max impression? I have a generic Byker Grove one which goes, ''hey Spuggy. Yu gann t' Grove'' (Spuggy was this gingery girl). Still working on my Kevin Webster constipated mouth. Oh yes, I do a good Jennifer Ellison's character in Brookie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It's all about fuckin' Eastenders!

thank you! this has been my belief all along. i wish i could watch it, i have seen bits and pieces here and there and it looks very interesting! wasn't the "chubby" girl from Love Actually on? Martine something? :)

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can do a lot of good soap impressions. I do a good Deidre. I think I have already mentioned my Max impression? I have a generic Byker Grove one which goes, ''hey Spuggy. Yu gann t' Grove'' (Spuggy was this gingery girl). Still working on my Kevin Webster constipated mouth. Oh yes, I do a good Jennifer Ellison's character in Brookie.

you could, if you wanted, record these and post them :D

thank you! this has been my belief all along. i wish i could watch it, i have seen bits and pieces here and there and it looks very interesting! wasn't the "chubby" girl from Love Actually on? Martine something? 

Martine Mc...Mc...I'm gonna have a go at this but it's probably wrong, Martin McCutcheon?  Everyone knows everyone from Eastenders by their character name anyway so she's Tiffany, fuck it, Tiffany off of Eastenders, she's taking that name to her grave.  Fuck me, they killed her off in the mid-90s though!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I cried too, especially when Tracy and Ned were hugging. That was such a sweet moment. The farewell episode was great...but I could have done without that Nurse Amy, not a fan of hers. And agree with you about Carly, normally I have liked her but she is really turning me off lately!!

i read that Kirsten Storms had to take another extended leave. i hope she is ok. she had all those health problems ( i think endometrisis? ) and then she had the miracle baby with Brandon Barash but then they divorced :(

yeah Amy is a pain. she is supposed to be like the Amy before..Shell Kepler? like the hospital gossip she died a few years ago, that was so sad.

as for Carly i want to smack her so bad!

and in no way do i believe that Sonny sleeping with Carly's divorce lawyer was a coincidence. there is def something going on!

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Martine Mc...Mc...I'm gonna have a go at this but it's probably wrong, Martin McCutcheon?  Everyone knows everyone from Eastenders by their character name anyway so she's Tiffany, fuck it, Tiffany off of Eastenders, she's taking that name to her grave.  Fuck me, they killed her off in the mid-90s though!

no! i like her. she's very pretty. lol at Tiffany, that is such a 90's name so it's perfect. so aren't the soaps there like here? characters get killed off ALL the time and nine times out of ten they are brought back. like as a long lost twin or the person's body was never found so one day they just show up claiming to have been kidnapped and kept on an island by a wicked crazy woman...this is actually a story line from one soap here btw! :P

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no! i like her. she's very pretty. lol at Tiffany, that is such a 90's name so it's perfect. so aren't the soaps there like here? characters get killed off ALL the time and nine times out of ten they are brought back. like as a long lost twin or the person's body was never found so one day they just show up claiming to have been kidnapped and kept on an island by a wicked crazy woman...this is actually a story line from one soap here btw! :P

One out of a million might be brought back but generally no, they do try to maintain some semblence of realism (try being the operative word!)

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

One out of a million might be brought back but generally no, they do try to maintain some semblence of realism (try being the operative word!)

oh geez not here. there have been people who "died" and then they go to heaven and we get to see a bunch of people who died as well. then the person comes back usually taught the error of their ways by seeing their dead friends and relatives while there.  this backfired big time once when one of the people someone had  been seen in heaven was brought back, had apparently never died but was kidnapped for some outlandish reason. of course this was when the soap was on the brink of being cancelled and they were trying anything to bring viewers back. did not work and it got cancelled!

All British soaps are based around that old British obsession: class. Take Coronation Street for instance; it is as working class as one can fathom, northern, terraced housing, pub, chip shop, 'Paki's' (sorry Len) yet sprinkled around are some people who basically exist to create class juxtapositions/conflict/situation comedy. Ken for instance is college educated and speaks posh. He frequently found himself in a sort of antithetical play with his working class wife, Deidre. Sally is as working class as they come but do not tell her as she believes she is middle class so puts on this la-di-da pretense which is frequently her comic downfall. Brookside was a lower middle class housing estate which originally was centered around an upper middle class family who have descended (the class ladder) and had to move into Brookside Close, and a working class family who have ascended the ladder and have also moved in - cue comedy, misunderstanding snobbery and conflict. Thrown in are some working close misfits such as Jimmy Corkhill and Sinbab, who shouldn't really be in Brookside Close.

It is a British obsession. Probably one of our less endearing traits really.

• Like 1