General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

I know so glad I was able to ON Demand Days because all the secrets came out about what happened last year since the soap jumped ahead a year. So sad. One person's actions effected so many characters. I do hope the secrets come out because it will change some lives for the better and some for the worse.

Another week of the impeachment trial. GH is so behind. It's crazy.

Enjoy your weekend.

I actually would love colder weather. This weather messes with our sinuses and that's not good.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I actually would love colder weather. This weather messes with our sinuses and that's not good.

I don't know....it is cold af up here and I have already been on antibiotics for a sinus infection and been fighting another one. I already am on allergy meds, allergy shots and 3 nasal meds and still I have issues. So for me cold makes no bit of difference at all.  Heat either cause in CO I still has sinus issues down there. I have had CT scans done and my sinus issues are structural that only sinus surgery may or may not fix, and I am not having that done. Nope!

So no GH the entire week???!!!! WTF?!

So sorry. I know after we lived in Texas for over ten years we would all get sinus infections. My mom would get a fever and aches and pains like the flu, but it was her sinuses. She now takes vitamin c everyday and uses a saline solution to clear out her nose. This Texas weather goes up and down and the shit that flies around is terrible for your allergies.

I hope you feel better soon. I would think colder weather would be better for your sinus, but I guess not?

Been watching Days at night. I guess GH won't show anything new until the trial ends. Yesterday's GH was when Peter was going to pay Shiloh money to leave town. lol

I'm glad I can still watch Days. It's heating up now with the storylines involving so many of their top characters.

When you have structural issues that cause you to have more sinus infections, then it does not matter what the temp is outside. It stinks but I am learning to deal with it as best as I can! Thanks for your kind words. :)

I am sooooooo glad too that at least Y&R and sometimes B&B is still showing new episodes. Gotta have my soaps. :heart:

I wish GH would put the new episodes online and on Demand. By the time this whole impeachment thing is over GH will be behind weeks. I guess it gives them more time to film. Days has their show filmed until the summer months. Glad I can watch at least one soap. It feels so weird not to be seeing GH every day. I hate it!

Oh, well, we never had any sinus problems in Brooklyn or Queens, but after ten years here in Dallas we all get sinus infections at least once a year. My brother has meds now for his sinus infection. My mom's head would hurt her so bad when she would get one. The back of her head was so painful. One doctor explained how we have 7 sinus passages in our heads and that's what can cause terrible pain. I just hate not feeling well and so does my mom. 

Do you have a humidifier? I think that might help your sinuses clear a bit and it helps you breathe better. I always use one when my daughter is sick. It helps make the air cleaner.

I watched the new episode on Demand last night. It was a great episode. GH knows how to do drama.

Did you see it? I guess GH decided to show new episodes from now on like Days is doing. The only problem I have is I can't speed up the commercials and I have so many nighttime shows that I watch. Thank God for my dvr! It's been working overtime lately.

Anyway, so happy GH is back. Hopefully whatever happens with the Trump trial they make a decision quickly. lol I know that's hoping for too much.

Anyway, will watch the new episodes later tonight. 

I watched GH last night about ten. I had so many other shows to watch. I was able to watch Days too.

Today GH was on tv, finally. Getting so good. I can't imagine who is after Sonny, but they are ruthless.

Days wasn't on. NBC seemed to be the only tv channel to carry to trial. Anyway, I can watch Days later on tonight. Hopefully something will be settled and the soaps will be back on track starting Monday.

Have a great weekend. Texas will be back into the 70's again and sunny. It's making me crazy. lol

Oh man- that is the perfect temp. I love when the weather is 70*! More than that and I get too hot but low 70's I like. :) Of course I get why that would be a strange temp in the dead of winter lol. As I type this, I am looking outside my work window and just see white snow everywhere. White snow and dead brown trees. Can not wait till spring!

I think most of the news station are starting to realize that no one is watching this and that the fans want their soaps! For real!

So I guess that guy that got hurt near Carly is Glady's son? and people were like noooooo, come on GH. You have more than enough characters already. Truth. 

I know I read in my ABC soap paper that Brando was coming on the show. I think it's the first time my soap papers had updates before the shows even aired. lol I wonder if he knows who's after Sonny? He's from Brooklyn, so I bet he does know. The soap paper didn't say how long he'd be on. Guess it depends on how popular the character will be.

I guess Nelle will be back for awhile. I'm hoping someone kills her and we get a good murder mystery.

It was good to see Kevin again. We know Laura will be okay. I do hope Valentin isn't behind the shootings. He had a weird look on his face after he heard the news.

Well, today is in the 60's. Tomorrow is in the 70's. lol by Wednesday we will be back in the 40's.

I would love to see snow here. In the years we've lived here I can count on one hand how many days we've had snow. It just looks so pretty when it's clean and white. Yeah, I feel bad for the trees too. I can't imagine how cold they must feel with all that snow and ice on them.

Enjoy your weekend.

I think by Wed. the government will decide what Trump's fate will be. Everyone is talking like by November he'll run for President again. Guess that is a clue. lol

"Gold digging psycho" loved it Brook Lynn, loved it! She tells Nelle how it is smack in her face and it is the best scenes ever. If Nelle is going to stay, at least GH has some people who will give her the smackdown lol!

And Brad....oh Brad. You are always so angry and now you are taking it out on Willow? Not cool dude.

Did you get to see today's episode? I was surprised it was new since B& B wasnt. <_<

On 1/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I have 2 sinus areas that would need surgery, but a humidifier I do need to get! Mine get that painful too when really infected...my whole face would hurt so bad I just wanted to cry. They are just awful!!!

sorry you need surgery on your sinus areas, but maybe it'll help you feel better and not get anymore infections.

My dad went to the doctor today. He has a sinus infection too. They tested him for the flu, but that was negative.

Today's weather is in the 40's and tomorrow Texas is expecting bad ice and possibly snow storms. I do hate when it gets icy. Dallas doesn't have many trucks to put sand down, so any overpasses is slippery to go over. I usually put my car in second gear and drive very slowly. I remember in Brooklyn my mom had snow tires on her car.

18 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

"Gold digging psycho" loved it Brook Lynn, loved it! She tells Nelle how it is smack in her face and it is the best scenes ever. If Nelle is going to stay, at least GH has some people who will give her the smackdown lol!

And Brad....oh Brad. You are always so angry and now you are taking it out on Willow? Not cool dude.

Did you get to see today's episode? I was surprised it was new since B& B wasnt. <_<

I think the soaps are getting crazed by all the interruptions and don't know what to do? I think tomorrow is the last of the trial stuff. If they vote to acquit Trump then it's over, but if they vote to impeach it'll be more trial time. Everyone is saying Trump won't be impeached. So what was this all for? The polls show Trump in the lead again. I swear if he's set free and people vote for him again in November, I don't want to hear anymore bitching about what he does while in office. I mean who is voting for him?

Yeah, I like Brooklynn now. Nelle is moving to another location lol

Today Jason found out who is attacking Sonny and his family. I never heard this name and my mom hasn't either so I guess it'll be a new bad guy. Whoever it is must be crazy since he doesn't care who gets hurt or who dies in the cross fire. I think Brando knows more than he is saying too.

Things are going to get more complicated I'm sure. Yeah, Brad is losing it and I think Willow is going to sue for custody of Wylie and then Nelle will tell the truth to get her son back. Let the games begin.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:09 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

sorry you need surgery on your sinus areas, but maybe it'll help you feel better and not get anymore infections.

My dad went to the doctor today. He has a sinus infection too. They tested him for the flu, but that was negative.

Today's weather is in the 40's and tomorrow Texas is expecting bad ice and possibly snow storms. I do hate when it gets icy. Dallas doesn't have many trucks to put sand down, so any overpasses is slippery to go over. I usually put my car in second gear and drive very slowly. I remember in Brooklyn my mom had snow tires on her car.

I do need sinus surgery but not getting it. I mean I would need to get 5 infections a year before I do that and now I only get 1-2 a year but fight milder colds the rest of the winter months. Sorry your dad has one- they aren't fun!!! 

Wow 40's? Yikes, that is cold for you guys. It has FINALLY warmed up to normal temps. They said that our January was one of the top 10 coldest January's we have had of all time. Boooooo. Those are the kind of records I don't want broken lol.

Edited by marlingrl03

I know I don't usually talk politics either. Too many dummies in the government. lol

so glad the soaps are back to normal again. We got to see the new mobster guy on GH. He's a well known actor. I saw him last on The Walking Dead when Rick was still on the show. He was killed off. lol I love when familiar actors want to do soaps. It's hard work but many people get to know you for it.

I just wish someone would get voted for President that would do good for the country and the world. I know it's hard, but this has been a hard 4 years.

We didn't get any snow or ice, but it's bitter cold today. Tomorrow too, but then back in the 60's over the weekend. It's crazy Texas weather all over again!

Did you hear Helena is coming back? Probably just for a few episodes but I am excited- love her!

Yeah my cousin in TX got hit with the snow...he posted a little vid of it. 

Trump has done some good things....our gas prices have been low the whole time he has been in office. That for me is a huge plus.

Yeah, cool. I love Helena too. I saw a movie with her from the 50's. She was very good in it. It was called the "Naked Kiss". It had a good storyline about a woman who turned her life around only to be sucked in by a not so nice guy. It's usually on the Cine something channel. It shows a lot of older movies. I guess maybe it'll be in flash backs, but this is Helena so who knows if she's really dead?

Dallas didn't even get any rain. I know snow would have been pretty. Denton which is an hour from me had tons of snow. It looked so pretty falling down.

Trump is a business man, so he did good that way, but honestly, he needs a better attitude. He puts so many people off because of what he says. Today his speech was so over the top about his non impeachment. I think he could have handled it better, but it's Trump. He'll never change. If Americans don't like him, then don't vote for him again.

I would be curious to see Mike Bloomberg win. I know he did good things in NYC, but who knows? At least we know he has tons of money and is paying for his own compaign.

Today is bitter cold here in Dallas. Sunny but windy and it's very cold, but the weekend is going back into the 60's. lol It's making me crazy.

Yeah we have had a wild wacky 24 hours of weather....super super gusty winds, hail, blizzard etc. Its calmed down finally. And of course I needed to get groceries today. My little Subaru was shaking cause of the wind! 

Maurice was there too! Its nice seeing GH actors supporting their fellow Y&R actors. Love it. :heart:

They were celebrating Eric aka Victor Newmans 40th year. Wow!

Cool. Yeah, I think it's cool too. They all know how hard it is to do a soap opera every day. It's nice to see when other actors come on the shows too.

I wish some tv channel would show the Daytime emmys awards again. I loved that show.

I saw that Eric has been on for over 40 years. Wow! It shows you how many amazing fans the soap world has in both regular fans and other actors.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw that Eric has been on for over 40 years. Wow! It shows you how many amazing fans the soap world has in both regular fans and other actors.

I know right? 40 years! What an accomplishment and hopefully Eric will continue to be on Y&R for many years to come..here is another pic from that celebration. :)

On 2/8/2020 at 8:15 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah we have had a wild wacky 24 hours of weather....super super gusty winds, hail, blizzard etc. Its calmed down finally. And of course I needed to get groceries today. My little Subaru was shaking cause of the wind! 

Maurice was there too! Its nice seeing GH actors supporting their fellow Y&R actors. Love it. :heart:

They were celebrating Eric aka Victor Newmans 40th year. Wow!

Hey, I like to check in on your soap talk.😄 Anyway, Victor was kind of a psycho when he first came on Y&R. I remember him holding his then wife, I think her name was Julia, hostage in their home.  I think Nikki and Paul were still an item at that time. Brings back good memories thinking about soaps.  My mom and grandma watched them and got me hooked, lol. 

Edited by lame ass security