General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Hey, I like to check in on your soap talk.😄 Anyway, Victor was kind of a psycho when he first came on Y&R. I remember him holding his then wife, I think her name was Julia, hostage in their home.  I think Nikki and Paul were still an item at that time. Brings back good memories thinking about soaps.  My mom and grandma watched them and got me hooked, lol. 

Ha! They are very easy to get hooked into...that's for dang sure. I started watching Y&R pretty late. Now I need to watch some episodes of those early years! Psycho Victor sounds pretty cool. Love the evil guys lol! :lol:

5 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha! They are very easy to get hooked into...that's for dang sure. I started watching Y&R pretty late. Now I need to watch some episodes of those early years! Psycho Victor sounds pretty cool. Love the evil guys lol! :lol:

Yeah, I can't remember how he morphed into a powerful and respected businessman.😄 I remember all of those characters like Katherine Chancellor, her son Brock used to call her Duchess. 

• Haha 1

Honestly, you can get hooked on any soap opera. When we lived in Brooklyn, my mom would watch all the ABC soaps.

When we moved to Texas, she was home most of the time and she got hooked on most of the soaps that were on back then. lol Once you watch them, you'll see how amazing each soap is and how you really love watching them and getting involved in their lives. My mom has watched General Hospital since I was born. lol

And many actors from other tv shows and movies wind up on soaps as they get older. It's a great experience for many actors.

Jeff Kober of The Walking Dead is on GH now as the latest rival of Sonny's. Going to be one hell of a time.

17 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I know right? 40 years! What an accomplishment and hopefully Eric will continue to be on Y&R for many years to come..here is another pic from that celebration. :)

Two amazing actors together!

• Like 2

Yeah when I first saw Emma and heard her speak in her lower voice, it took me a few minutes to register that it was really her! She like aged 5 years! How fast they grow.

I mean the whole Anna and Finn thing, really Anna and anyone right now is going to have their relationship tested with her because she wants to protect her son Peter at like any and all costs. And while I get that, he is also a not so good guy after all it seems.....so I don't know. She is in a tough spot.

and I felt awful for Valentin. So while he and Peter both have bad sides, Valentin is also really endearing in some ways and he is really good about making you feel badly for him. and Peter not so much lol.

I know I feel badly for Valentin. I wonder if we'll find out who his real father is? Boy, both Helena and Mikos were cheating with other people and had kids with them. lol What a crazy family.

If Peter had anything to do with killing Drew, all bets are off for him. Anna may regret shielding him. I can understand how Finn feels. He has Violet to protect now. I hope it turns out that Peter is Alexis' son, which would make more sense in the long run. I can't see Anna sleeping with Faison for any reason. 

I just read that Days of our lives has fired the two actors who play the gay couple, Will and Sonny. I guess the rumors of getting rid of some actors is true. I feel bad because Days actually made this couple front and center and showed their lives including having a child. Since Days filmed until September, the couple will be seen until then. I'm worried how many other actors will be fired too?

It sucks that soaps don't have the power they once had. At least, Days has been renewed for a year and The Young and the Restless will be going for 3 more years. I hope GH continues for a long time. I would hate to not have any more soaps to watch anymore.

It's a cold cloudy day today. The temps have been going up and down all winter long. It's crazy.

Are you still snowed in? When do the temps start to go up in Alaska?

Another actor has been let go from Days. Not surprised since he hasn't been up front in a while.

I tweeted Days and told them a few more actors I think can be let go. lol

I guess GH is putting Nina and Jax together. Let's see how this goes.

I felt so bad for Valentin today. I think he will land on his feet either way.

Loved Nina and Ava doing girl talk yesterday. It's funny how those two have become fast friends, given their history. lol

Have a great weekend. Hope you have a Happy Valentine's day too!

Wow that seems like a lot of actors let go all at once! Did Days hire new actors to play new parts? What is gong on??

I liked the old Nina and Valentin together so I will be ok if they pair the new Nina with Jax. Let's see how this plays out..but now who will be with Valentin? Hmmm.

As far as weather it was pretty cold today, but will be normal winter temps on Monday. Our snow doesn't really start to melt till April and then we get spring temps, pussywillows start budding on trees and winter is over. Sometimes though we get a freak winter snow storm late but it usually melts fast. Studs need to be off the tires by May 1st.

Hope you have a good Valentine's Day! :heart:

Well, back in November, Days announced they were stopping filming and didn't know if they would get renewed. Rumors said all the actors were off contract. The rumor was that if Days was renewed for another year, and it has been renewed, the actors would have to re-negotiate their contracts. some of the actors said this was false. Well, I guess it was true, since so far 3 actors have been let go. I wasn't surprised about Galen who plays Rafe, since he hasn't had a good storyline since he and Hope divorced. As for Sonny and Will, they are a super couple who happen to be gay on the show. Days showed exactly how it was to be a gay couple with a child, so i was surprised by them being let go. I'm sure more actors will follow. I think the producers are trying to save money. I know many of the actors have taken pay cuts over the years already. I went on Days twitter account and told them there's some more actors I think they can let go, once their storylines finish up. lol I'd be curious to see if I'm right! lol I'm sorry to see any of the actors go, but times are tough all over I guess.

I hope Valentin finds another love interest or a good storyline soon. Usually once an actor has little work, he'll be going too. I guess Spinelli and his family are moving back to PC too. I didn't read anything about this, but if Peter gets arrested or killed, I guess he and Maxie can always get together. I liked them together.

My soap paper said the Wylie storyline is in the ending chapter, so hopefully, the baby switch will be found out. This might be the end of Willow and Chase too. I do hope Lucas and Brad stay on. GH needs to show them more. What happened to the trans-gender actress doctor? Since Oscar died she's been gone and it seems no matter what's wrong with you, Finn is the doctor on call. lol Days does that too. Crazy.

I had a pretty good weekend. The weather was nice, but colder weather is on it's way again. I know by March, my ac will be on.

Oh, my grandmother always had pussywillows in a vase in her house. She loved the feel of them. Like a little cat's paws. So true.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Yeah I did remember reading that about how the actors would have to re-negotiate their contracts....but I did not think it was really going to happen. Wow, well that stinks.

Awwww, don't say that about Valentin! I would be crushed if he were let go, but they can surely think of a storyline for him....like what he will do now that he is a?  Well we don't know yet, since who is his father?!!! They will need to bring in another female actress for him! Cause obviously Ava and Leisel are out lol! And it appears Nina is really out too.

Oh, I don't want Valentin to go either, but who knows?

yeah, I knew there would be some truth when they talked about Days getting renewed. I'm sure the veteran actors will be safe, but I'm sure a lot of newer ones will be going.  It sucks because there's not many soaps left for these actors to be on. I guess there's always prime time or online soaps, but who knows?

I hate when they let some actors go, but I guess their jobs aren't any safer than regular people's jobs.

Well, you don't have to wait longer than a few hours to see today's episode! I was screaming at the end. lol

Finally some secrets have come out! 

I can't wait for the next two days. It'll be a nail bitter for sure!

I would not want to be on Carly's bad side!

After today, not sure how long that other criminal boss will on be GH!

Oh wow, that is what I am talking about! FINALLY the truth is revealed. Carly rocked her scene which I am not surprised and I felt awful for Michael. I just hope that freakin Nelle doesn't take off with Wylie, I will be pissed if they do that. But I really liked the scene between Nelle and Willow, just wish that Willow had won the fight haha.

Today's episode was even better. We find out what's up with Jordan and Taggert. I'm glad for once Sonny isn't the target or at fault.

Now that Michael knows about his son, I wonder if he'll decide to let Lucas raise him or take him back? In real life it would take time for the little boy to get used to another father, but luckily, he's known Michael for as long as he's been born. Guess we'll find out.

I read another young actor from Days has been let go. He's going to South Africa for his granddad's funeral (on the show) but won't return to Salem. lol Oh well.

There's also a baby switch story on Days and I think once that truth comes out, some more characters will be let go. Days is filmed until September, so there will be more announcements for sure.

Sorry to see some of them go, but some need to go. lol

Wow, yeah this story line at first with Jordan and Taggert was interesting to me in the least, but now it is. GH is finally starting to become a real dramatic soap again!!!

I loved it when Michael took Wylie from Nelle and Wylie smiled at him....he really likes Michael. So sweet. 

today's episode rocked too!

Michael and Lucas and everyone else was so good. Chase had bad news for Willow and my God she was so good.

Nelle is still screwing with Brad. We know that Michael and everyone won't believe her version of the story. I wonder if Lesil will get involved since she helped Nelle give birth.

Finally, Curtis knows the truth about his wife and Taggert. I want them to team up with Sonny and Jason, but who knows? What Jordan and Taggert did wasn't on the up and up either and this Sirus guy seems super dangerous. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

Stay warm. We are finally get cooler temps in the lower 60's and 50's. I love it. Sunny and cool.

Man do I love me these February sweeps! All 3 of my soaps are getting GOOD.

Awww poor Willow....that was a hard scene to watch. Poor Chase didnt seem to know how to handle her grief. He's so serious...cop mode still. And that last scene when Lucas said goodbye to Wylie and handed him to Michael. :cry:

And damn that crazy Nelle! How could Brad not see how manipulative that girl is? That she would twist the story and put all the blame on him. Well he sure as hell does now!!!! 

Hope your wknd was good! Dish had free movie preview wknd so got to watch tons of movies on channels like Starz that I never get. 

Yeah, my cable gives free premium channels too, but I subscribe to them. Frontier recently took Starz/Encore away. They said they couldn't agree on a price. I checked my cable bill and noticed I was paying $14.99 for just Starz/Encore, so I better see a lesser bill for February.

Yeah, GH was very good. So glad the Wylie story is out there. So much damage to so many people. 

Days is heating up now too. There's also a baby switch on that show, but only two people know, so who knows when that will come out?

My weekend was good. I watched a few episodes of that new show Tell me a story on Netflix. I saw the first season and now it's in the second season. So many shows to watch and sometimes so little time. lol

Today is a beautiful day. In the 60's and sunny.

60's and sunny? Oh my that sounds heavenly...I will be leaving to Mexico to see my dad on March 22nd and can not wait to feel that sun and warmth!

I probably won't be able to watch my soaps but will see! Maybe on You Tube? I will be gone for 2 weeks. :)

I am glad that Wylie is with his real dad too...people online were saying that Carly is a hypocrite cause she kept Michael from AJ and yeah they are partly right but she is not bat shit crazy like Nelle. I mean she left him to die in that car for goodness sakes! 

Oh how nice for you to visit your dad in Mexico for two weeks. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Yeah, AJ was a drunk, so Carly and Jason were just trying to keep him safe. Nelle is just a witch! lol

I hope no one gets killed with this whole mob war thing. It would be cool if everyone would work together to get rid of Sirus. I love when the police need Sonny's help. lol

I think GH is gearing up for some action this week. I'm getting that feeling.

Elizabeth is looking so pretty, love her new hair cut and highlights. It was nice seeing her and Franco in some scenes for it had been awhile.

GH is like B&B where they focus quite heavily on like 5 actors and forget the whole rest of the cast! Like where is Mac? Even Maxie you don't see as often....

Yeah, true. This is the whole new Sonny saga now. Another problem for Sonny, Jason and even Taggert to solve now. 

Well, Liz and Franco had like an hour's peace before all hell broke loose. lol

I do like Neil and Alexis. I hope there's a way to get them together. I love their banter together. It's so cute.

I think Molly and TJ might be breaking up. It's not like we see much of them anyway.

Today Texas is cold again. lol Crazy Texas weather. The weekend will be in the 70's. Then another cold front. It's crazy. I'm so freaked out about the virus and even the flu. I do hope none of us gets sick. So far where we live seems to be okay, but you know how fast it can change.

Oh man, poor Cam and Trina. Man that kid has had a rough emotional year. Dang!

I kind of like the idea of Sonny and Taggert pairing up to defeat this crazy drug lord. 

and yeah I really like Neil and Alexis too, they would make a great looking couple.

Have a great weekend...enjoy the heat before the cold hits!