General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

Well, NYC and California is on lockdown too.

Not here yet but people are buying everything in sight.

I can't get bread or water or meat. How crazy is that? I now wished I did horde food, but who knew there wouldn't be any deliveries. Everyone said the trucks were delivery yet there's nothing on the shelves. I have some stuff but not much.

I'm getting crazy now. 

Dallas has the most cases. They are doing testing in AA venue but for people over 65 and anyone who feels sick. I don't know how they can drive if they are feeling sick. My doctor is a half hour away and if we feel sick I don't know if I could drive there.

My mom and dad and brother so far are okay, but who knows.

The stores are out of stuff yet people are still there and no staying 6 feet apart like you should.

China seems to be over the virus, but who the hell knows?

Stay well and take care of your kitties. I'm doing the same.

Yeah our main store Fred Meyer had no meat, flour, pasta, beans etc. Safeway had beans so grabbed some of those..we are supposed to be getting big shipments on Tuesday I think so hopefully the store shelves will look normal but I doubt it, especially since our lockdown is for another week still. Hope you are able to get more food soon!!!!

Yeah, I honestly think the lockdown will go on for a long time. How do they know when it's safe? There are new cases in Texas everyday.

Now the Dems are holding back on the stimulus package. I feel people will begin to riot if they don't get money to pay their bills and feed their families.

Italy has the army out on the streets to keep people from going outside. The UK is reeling too. It seems they want their people to get the virus so they can be humane to it. How do they know that will happend?

Meanwhile places like LA and San Francisco and NYC are trying their best to lockdown and take care of the sick. I am working from home. The schools are supposed to give chrome books to the students to continue their school work. I don't think the schools will open before the new school year. How can you know it's safe?

GH was good today. Jordan better listen to Sonny or she'll be in jail and Sirus will be out. Crazy. I guess Brit will be on GH for a bit.

Now sure how many episodes the soaps have filmed or when they wil stop? I know Days has shows filmed up until the end of the summer. Not sure about our other soaps?

This is a bad enough year but besides worrying about getting ill, I think most tv shows will be put on hold too.

Stay well.

Britt back to working at GH and Felix there too calling her Britch. OMG- best scenes ever!!!! Please stay Britt!!! :)

People online were totally loving the scenes and were all for Britt, especially when she was trying to get Elizabeth or Nurse Perfect off her pedestal. And it looks like Jordan will spill the beans and honestly I think its time she realizes she needs to let Sonny and Curtis work with her to try and get TJ back. It's getting pretty good. Which is good because after a long day at work, I always love to sit back and relax while watching my soaps.

And about the virus- our governor finally stepped up a bit and said all flights coming in, means mandatory 14 day quarantine. Now of course it will be hard to mandate but I hope that people do the right thing!! If you don't and are somehow caught, either a $25,000 fine or possibly a year in jail. Most of our cases have been travel related but now it's become community spread. The school where I work at which is on hospital campus, one of the parents who is an ER doctor has it but so far we are still open. :/

Stay well too!

K well, there are a combination of drugs that one patient was given and he is on the mend. Not sure if it'll work on everyone that is sick.

Trump made a statement that the US will be open for business by Easter. Unless we get a miracle I doubt it'll be safe by then. I'm so sorry for all the people out of work including my brother. It seems like this has been going on for a long time when it's only a matter of weeks. I watch the news channels, but all those doctors are annoying me now with all their opinions and what we should do.

Another county in Texas called Denton will now begin the shelter in place starting tonight at midnight. That's 3 counties now. I don't know why the Gov doesn' t just close off Texas all together?

Anyway, I'm glad our soaps are still on and I have many books to read to keep my mind off of it. 

Stay well.

Yeah, Jordan will have to work with Sonny and Jason and Curtis. Not sure what they will plan. Hope it works.

Yeah our governor has said for everyone to stay at home but it's not a full on mandate...at least our mayor has though and our city is the biggest with the most cases so glad he is taking this seriously.

Trump is delusional....I don't think we are ready to go back to business. Cases are still getting worse for goodness sakes! He needs to listen to his panel. And as far as the drugs one person also died from taking one of them and it can be dangerous. You have to be under a doc's care and not just take whatever people say to take.

I don't know where all the medical supplies are? I watched a video of a hospital in Queens New York and all these people are standing in line waiting to get into the ER and most of them were wearing masks? If nurses and doctors can't get the masks, how are these people getting them? It's crazy.

I keep saying this won't end until December. No doctor or anyone knows how long it'll take and now they're saying this virus might start up again at a different time.  Somedays it seems hopeless.

Back to GH, for how long? not sure.

I really hate Nelle so much. I think if GH has filmed more episodes, someone is going to kill Nelle. She's such a bitch and there would be so many suspects. GH hasn't had a good murder mystery in a while.

I also hope Sonny's plan to kill Sirus when he's released from jail goes well. So sick of this guy already and I want TJ home and well, so he and Molly can make up.

Stay safe and be well.

Nelle will do anything to rile up Michael and get under his skin, even if it means jeopardizing Wylies health..such a bitch! She cares nothing about him. And I do hope that Nina does take her down..I mean someone...anyone..that girl has just got to go!!! 

In the hospital I work for, a former co-worker who is now an ER nurse said she gets one mask and you have to try to make it last all day.....its so crazy. Our governor says local businesses have stepped up to make masks and shields so hopefully they get to our healthcare workers too cause its needed like now.

Crazy times. Be well!

Yeah, alot of different people are making masks at home and giving them to local hospitals. I have no sewing skills at all. I commend all those who are helping out. I still don't understand where all the medical supplies are? The Gov of NY said that in 21 days they will need many ventilators for the patients in the hospital.

Also Bill Gates, now sure why he has a say in things, said everyone in the US should stay inside for up to 6 weeks and maybe the virus will stop. Not sure that's going to happen.

I went to Walmart today and lucikly everything was in stock except toilet paper. lol I was able to get different meats and everything else. They even had plastic gloves and hand wipes for your purse.

I so hoping someone will go up to the roof and throw Nelle off of it. lol

I read that a few soap actors have the virus. The actor who was on Days and is now back on the young and the restless has tested positive. An actress who was on Days has it with her husband. They are not in the hospital just staying inside. Scary. Not sure when the soaps will begin filming again. So many tv shows have stopped filming and don't know if they will have a real season finale. 

I think it'll be time when Mike, Sonny's dad, is near his end. I know I will cry over that. GH has a way of making you feel so much for their characters.

Everytime I see the actors near each other or touching each other I wonder if any of them will get ill. Nelle has it and she's been with so many actors for weeks. 

I'm so tired of the news. Nothing seems to be getting better. Everyday is more bad news. One of the doctors said it might be a seasonal virus which means it may return again and again like the flu. I do hope someone is working on a vaccine or meds to help the patients that are very bad. I feel like the government is dragging their feet and thos doctors just tell us what not to do, so what gives?

My allergies are bad today. My eyes feel heavy. I took a allergy pill. But this is a bad time in Texas for allergies.

Stay well and try to enjoy your weekend. Not doing much but I have my daughter this weekend, so ii'll be lots of food and games.

My allergies are acting up too...I'm due for my allergy shot soon and I hope my allergy clinic is still open. My brother in San Antonio just showed me a pic of 8 bags full of leaves. I was like why are those trees dropping leaves? Its spring. Craziness!

Another soap opera star died. He was on AMC and Santa Barbara...heard he had a stroke. :( so sad losing all these stars. And I feel badly for the stars getting this damn virus. 

Just shows you it doesnt care who you are, where you live or how old you are. I'm staying holed up this weekend until work Monday. Our governor finally did what our mayor did and put the whole state in a "shelter where you are" mode for 2 weeks. And barring most flights within the state too. We went over 100 cases today. Boooooo.

Be well. Enjoy the time with your family. :)

Yeah, I read about John from AMC. My mom used to watch all the ABC soaps. She remembers him. He also did a small part on GH a few years ago. He was the doctor who was sexually harrassing KiKi. So sad.

Yeah, our leaves are falling all over too. It's a mess. My mom has to sweep the front walk every day.

Also there are these tiny little reddish black bugs that are all over the place. They don't live long, but they are all over. I have no idea what they are called. Every summer we get a different weird bug around here. Last year it was slugs, which gross me out.

yeah, on Friday the school board will decide on schools. I'm sure they will vote to keep them closed for the rest of the school year. More deaths in Dallas so it's not safe for thousands of school kids to be in a building together.

I was so hoping someone would throw Nelle off the roof on Friday. lol Carly must have forged Nelle's signature on the paper to do Wylie's surgery. Not sure if someone will get Nelle off the roof in time or maybe someone will come up there and kill her or maybe she'll try to get off the roof and fall. lol I know it sounds crazy, but I really want her gone.

I guess Brooklynne will sell her shares to the producer guy and then he'll sell them to Cassadine and the fight for ELQ will be on.

Yeah, I stayed in all weekend too. Did a lot of overdo cleaning out around the house. Today is actually a beautiful cool spring day, but I only go out for a few minutes. 

Take care.

Wow, Nelle is really good at playing the sympathy card...but I admit I did feel badly for her. And wow, go Bobbi for shredding that paper! Love her- she needs more air time! Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite Carly in the ass and ruin Michael's chances of getting full custody.

I really like that Trina is in Avalyn's life...she is like a mentor to Trina which is awesome. Just hope her mom doesn't make her break all ties with her.

I read that their taped episodes will last till May so that is good. I have to have my soaps! :)

Okay, May that is awesome. I was afraid we wouldn't get the Nurse's ball this year. I know Days is good until September. What will happen after that?

My mom's friend went to Walmart today and got all the groceries except for toilet paper? What is going on with that? I keep seeing Cottonnelle commercials saying how they are making tons of toilet paper, but where are they?

I still can't stand Nelle. I was so hoping someone will kill her. If Michael marries Willow that will be the end of her and Chase and Sasha too. You know how soaps can change couples in a week. lol

When Ned finds out Brooklyn sold her shares in ELQ, shit will hit the fan.

Some good news. The news said Washington state hasn't had any new virus patients admitted to the hospitals this week. But then again, other states are going higher and higher.

In Dallas some senior homes have been hit and some have died. Poor things. So sad.

Not sure if this is true, but on the world news I saw a rep from Johnson and Johnson talking about how they are close to a vaccine. I hope this is true.

Stay safe and take care.

Our state was behind by a couple of weeks and are just starting to have higher and higher numbers. Which means more hospitalizations. We just got 60 ventilators so that is good but our hospitals are in desperate need of masks and other PPE's. It is sad that we have such shortages. One of our toddler parents who is an ER doctor and working the front lines got COVID. Mom thinks that their daughter has it too. She has been out of school for 2 weeks and we never closed, so hopefully we are all safe. But not really since we working with the children whose parents work at the hospital. :/

I went to Fred Meyer really quick last night and noticed TP but there were still a lot of people not practicing social distancing. I was literally walking super fast and dodging people and don't care if I looked like a freak- I don't want to be near you! As soon as I got home, I jumped into the showers. Hopefully I won't have to go back for awhile!

I know I avoid people too and luckily most people are staying far apart but we do talk to each other while shopping. I think we are all craving talking to people. Some people might be home alone.

Well, you stay well and I do hope your friends get well too.

I read online that GH will start showing repeats on Friday starting in April through May. I guess they hope to prolong their shows. That's okay by me. Maybe there will be some episodes I have never seen?

Days of Our lives had an April Fool's show today. I knew it the moment they aired it. Wasn't that surprised at all, but it was cool they did this.

I think after seeing Jordan talking on a burner phone that Taggart is alive and hiding out to maybe get Sirus by surprise. I hope so because I want this storyline to end soon. Sonny has to take care of Mike and he is breaking my heart.

I read the Daytime emmys have been cancelled. Such a shame because so many GH actors have done outstanding acting this year and last year. I miss seeing that show.

I do hope the Nurses' ball will be aired this year. It's so important to the world and to GH viewers.

Walmart it still out of toilet paper. It is weird. Luckily I have enough. lol 

I saw Vice President Pence visited a Walmart warehouse and I was yelling where is the toilet paper?

Be safe. 

Schools have been closed here since March and have extended the school closing until May 4. Since our schools end the third week in May, I doubt schools will open for the rest of this school year. My daughter does her lessons on the chrome book the schools have supplied. I would think the teachers will have double teaching whenever the schools get re-opened. Going to be tough for teachers and students next year.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

I think all the soaps will start showing old episodes once a week, but since the go-getters Days has episodes in the can till SEPTEMBER :blink:, they probably don't need too!

So man, Julian went all crazy on Neil, I think he will always have a soft spot for Alexis and try to protect her. But the consequence of his actions won't be good since the whole hospital heard he slept with Alexis- I feel badly for her. 

Yeah I don't know if the Nurses Ball will be aired? 

I rarely go to Wal Mart but our local Fred Meyer had a good supply of TP a few days ago...some things like beans are still really hard to find but it is slowly getting better.

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I think all the soaps will start showing old episodes once a week, but since the go-getters Days has episodes in the can till SEPTEMBER :blink:, they probably don't need too!

So man, Julian went all crazy on Neil, I think he will always have a soft spot for Alexis and try to protect her. But the consequence of his actions won't be good since the whole hospital heard he slept with Alexis- I feel badly for her. 

Yeah I don't know if the Nurses Ball will be aired? 

I rarely go to Wal Mart but our local Fred Meyer had a good supply of TP a few days ago...some things like beans are still really hard to find but it is slowly getting better.

The Nurses' ball is usually in April, but Lucy usually goes around bugging everyone and she hasn't done that yet. lol

Still say Taggart is alive and hiding out. If Sirus gets out of jail someone is going to kill him.

I know if anyone heard Julian say Neil and Alexis slept together the board will fire him.

Saw Avery yesterday. She is growing up so fast. She is so pretty and smart. She was with Brando doing pasta necklaces. So cute.

Maurice is doing an amazing job as Sonny. There's no daytime emmys this year, but he so deserves an emmy.

Stay safe. Might go to Walmart tomorrow.  Trying to stay away on the weekends.

1 hour ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Any of you follow Y&R?

Did Victor really kill this AJ loan shark guy or is he just setting a trap for Adam?

marlingr watches Y&R. You can message her.

Stay well.

8 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Who would you like to see Victoria paired with next?

I can't help but think her and Chance would be great together (even though he's with Abby). Cane and Victoria would've been interesting as well had he not been written out of the show last year.

Oh Victoria and Chance? Hmmm interesting idea...never thought about him for her.  Not like there are many choices left for her in Genoa City! And yeah I could have definitely seen her and Cane together! 

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Have a good safe weekend!

You too! I really wished that GH showed really old episodes on this new "replay Fridays"...not just a year old one. Oy! :facepalm:

18 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh Victoria and Chance? Hmmm interesting idea...never thought about him for her.  Not like there are many choices left for her in Genoa City! And yeah I could have definitely seen her and Cane together! 

You too! I really wished that GH showed really old episodes on this new "replay Fridays"...not just a year old one. Oy! :facepalm:

Yeah, but it was a sweet episode yesterday. My mom remembers the BJ storyline. She cried for three days. So glad so many of the original characters are still on GH, but so many are really gone now.

Well, I guess GH wants to prolong the episodes they have taped. The way things are going I think our soaps will run out soon enough. That will upset me because it's what I really look forward to after all the bad news.

Have a good weekend.

Walmart now is only letting one person shop at a time and when they leave another can shop. I know they are doing their best to keep everyone safe. I'm glad they are doing this because everytime I watch the world news I get even more depressed.

Stay safe

Oh it was? Shoot well I would have watched that! I had read that they were replaying an episode from a year ago? The scavenger hunt one. Darn...

4 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

I think I'm a day ahead of you being in Canada, but Friday's Y&R was killer. Especially for a diehard Adam fan like me:devilshades:

You are! Yes...you Canadians do get to see an episode in advance you lucky ducks!

Stay safe you two. :)