General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

It's just crazy how each soap is soooo different with how many shows they tape ahead of time. Why does Days have way more episodes? Cause their budget is bigger? Cause honestly I thought CBS soaps had more money than GH at ABC...yet here they are. No.more.episdodes.for.them. Dislike! :thumbsdown:

Our state has opened so will be continuing to be as safe as can be. I'm sure our numbers will spike in 2 weeks..the CDC said we should have waited 2 weeks to open. It's just too early and too fast. <_<

Well, I was watching GH today and I thought it was a repeat. They must be repeating more from the episode before now. It's crazy. I saw Y&R today and it was from 1990 with Katherine and her maid. I think my mom watched it back then. Yeah, it's going to be weird without our soaps.

Texas is opening up on Friday May 1. 25 % capacity in movies and stores and restaurant. Still have to be 6 feet apart and you can wear a mask, but it's not mandatory.

If this works more of the state will open by May 16. No hair and nail salons yet. Even if it's one on one, the hair cutter is still very close to you. Not sure when this will happen?

They are letting malls open too, but with 25 %, I hope they have tight security in stores to keep the people who don't give a shit out of the malls and stores.

I just wish the world was in better shape. This virus seems to be sticking around for a long time, so are we really okay to do this?

I heard that some heartburn medicines are working on the virus. wouldn't it be amazing if that medicine worked?

Stay safe 

Felt so sorry for Valentin and Charlotte today. Nina had great advice. I do hope Lulu gives Valentin a chance. I'm so sick of her annoying attitude towards him. He is her father and she loves him.

I hope Chase listens to Finn and tells Willow the truth. I can't believe it'll only be 4 weeks or less when GH will end for now.

Days will still be on until October, but who knows how long it'll be before any news shows start filming again?

I've seen previews for nothing but game and reality game shows. I do like some game shows, but those game shows with people who do crazy shit, don't interest me at all.

It is SO nice to come home and still be able to watch GH!

Yeah those scenes between Valentin and Charlotte were heartbreaking...the pain in Valentin's face. Omg....she is such a good little actress. I can no stand Lulu at all! She deserves a good slap in the face by her mama lol.

I loved how Finn called Chase out! That is a big brother for you. :)

Yeah, Lulu always had that air about her even when the other actress played her. I mean Lulu has killed someone in her past, so shut up!

God, I swear they keep showing things on GH that makes me think someone will kill Nelle. I do hope I'm right, but now that she might be Nina's daughter, I hope Nina finds out before hand.

I just love Carly. She is super smart. Looks like Brando might be sticking around.

Honestly, Sam was very annoying yesterday. She has two kids whom she hadn't seen for a long time being in jail and yet you never see them with her. I mean Scout lost Drew. Has she had any help going through that.

GH is talking about the Nurses's Ball, but I don't think it was taped when the virus hit. It will be something cool to look forward too, but who knows when tv shows and movies can being taping again.

Sam has kids? Oh, you would not know lol...cause you NEVER see them!!! 

I was reading some of the fan comments from yesterdays show and yeah everyone was dogging on Sam. They are all done with her down in the dumps, mean-spirited attitude and they like pretty much all agree that her chemistry with Jason is just gone. But I am sure GH won't break them up.

I read that the Nurses Ball was not taped, so Idk?

Yeah, Sam has Danny with Jason and Scout, the little girl, with Drew (when she thought he was Jason) lol

Yeah, usually Lucy is running around the hospital trying to get nurses's and doctors's to do the Nurses's Ball, but I doubt they had time to tape it. OH well, something to look forward too if the tv shows start to record again?

Well, Texas temps will be in the upper 90's until Tuesday and possibly over 100 degrees in some places. Here comes the summer!

Have a good weekend. Stay well.

59 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Sam has Danny with Jason and Scout, the little girl, with Drew (when she thought he was Jason) lol

Yeah, usually Lucy is running around the hospital trying to get nurses's and doctors's to do the Nurses's Ball, but I doubt they had time to tape it. OH well, something to look forward too if the tv shows start to record again?

Well, Texas temps will be in the upper 90's until Tuesday and possibly over 100 degrees in some places. Here comes the summer!

No, I know Sam has kids....I was being sarcastic cause you NEVER see them haha. Trying to make a joke. :P

Have a great weekend! 

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

No, I know Sam has kids....I was being sarcastic cause you NEVER see them haha. Trying to make a joke. :P

Have a great weekend! 

Yeah, I know you never see any kids on daytime much. lol

I think kids can't work too many hours, but still they always seem to be with Monica even if you see Monica in the hospital lol

I wonder if GH is seeing who has chemistry with Brando? I mean Sam seemed to be getting very frustrated with him and you know on a soap that means you might get together at sometime. I mean Sam was with Jax and Sonny and Drew and now Jason. I know she and Jason have tons of history, but if they have to stay apart 2 years, I don't think Sam will be able to hold out. lol Jason yeah, but Sam no.

And what happened with the scene when Sonny gave Jason that long range rifle and he walked out. I thought he would be going after Cyrus but nothing came of it. Also, Sonny letting Joss and Dev go back to school and outside with friends, he knows Cyrus still is a threat to everyone. Sometimes I wonder where GH is going with some stories? Also is Nelle really Nina's daughter? God help us! I can't stand her and with her talking to Michael the other day, I wanted to kill her. I think GH is giving so many hints as to someone killing Nelle, so get on with it.

It is in the 90's until Tuesday here in Texas. This is stay inside days even if you can go out! lol

Have a good weekend. Stay safe.

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Have a great weekend! 

I know sometimes I talk to the tv and say stuff like where are your kids? when you see them they always have different actors playing them. lol

Nelle is the queen bee of pushing people to their breaking points...she knows exactly what buttons to push in Michael to make him explode. He just needs to learn to walk away from that psycho.

I was very disappointed that Chase did not stop Willow and tell her the truth...I had really thought Finn had convinced him. My goodness, what pain poor Willow has gone through! I do like though how Carly saw right through Sasha's lie though. This whole storyline is too emotional for me lol. I love these 2 couples!

As far as Brando, maybe he would have more chemistry with Sam than Jason? I would not mind GH exploring that avenue....

Stay cool. I am not ready for 90's temps! We had that in July, no AC and me and my pets felt like we were in hell. I need to order some cooling mats for them just in case this summer breaks records like last. oy! 

Yeah, 90's today and tomorrow. Then a cool front. Down to the 80's and 70's. I love Texas's idea of a cool front. lol

Anyway, yeah, Chase needed to tell Willow. I hate when they hold back. If Willow marries Michael you know they will become a real couple soon enough.

Molly and TJ are boring together. I like their characters, just not together. Not sure if Molly and Brando would be good together, because we haven't seen enough of them. Yeah, if Sam cheats on Jason, that's it for me! lol

Yeah, Nelle is a real bitch to everyone. If she's Nina's daughter, good luck! I still say someone is going to kill her. At least I hope so! lol I didn't like Michael and Willow beating that tree. I do hope it was effects and the tree bark wasn't really gone. They are living things too.

Oh, do they have cooling mats for pets? I didn't know that? Got to check it out.

Can you get some of those air conditioners that move around on wheels for your place? I know Alaska had some very hot temps last summer. With all the shit with the virus, who knows how all our summers will be?

Stay well. enjoy your Sunday!

Yeah I saw some of the mats on Amazon...not rated highly? But I don't know..maybe worth a try. Knowing my cats, they won't touch it lol.

I could get one of those AC moveable ones..although I have not heard of such a thing! Will need to research it. I just want something that you plug in. No maintenance. After a long day at work, I am just plain lazy. :P

Had free movie channels this past weekend and it was awesome!

I think those floor a/c do just plug in and move around. My mom's cousin had one. I know I just want something to work on it's own. Not very mechanical lol

On Tuesday night May 19, ABC is having a special on soap operas. I guess now since the soaps are ended or will be ending, they want to give us fans something to do with soaps. lol

I can't imagine a day without my soaps. It will be torture.

I did read in my soap opera digest that Dominic (Dante) would be happy to come back to GH once the soap begins to tape again. He said he was in a bad place when he left and feels that there's more to Dante's story, so he does want to come back. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

We had some storms last night and it's only in the low 80's today with little humidity. Thank goodness.

A bad place when he left?? With who? Himself, his personal life? The writers and staff at GH?? Very interesting. Yeah he should come back and redeem himself. I hated what they did to his character and Lulu when he left.

Isn't Soap Opera Digest the magazine who won't be printing their magazines anymore? Just online?

Dom said it was personal. Not sure about SOD, but since the soaps are on hold, I kind of figured they wouldn't publish them anymore. I do get updates on Friday in my email, so since there really won't be any soap news, it'll probably be what the actors are up to.

Anyway, if Nelle gets custody of Wylie, I'm going to be so pissed off!

It's a nice cooler day today. thanks goodness for cool fronts that still make it down here for now at least.

• Like 1

I can not stand Nelle....I can take her in small, I mean very small doses but shes on too much now!!! and I will be pissed if the judge is so stupid and is played on by Nelle. Knowing GH, I am sure this will happen! 

And what is with Christina giving Sam the third degree? I mean she was all talking to Molly about sleeping with Brando and the next day she is all up in Sam's face. I'm like ok, wtf just happened here?!

So Peter had Holly killed possibly? Another whattttttt?!

Classic Y&R has been a heavy dose of nostalgia for me. Today's Canadian episode was from 1998; such a golden age for Y&R. Nick and Sharon still married, Sharon just found her long-lost daughter Cassie, Grace Turner ready to boink Nick, Nikki was shot by Veronica Landers and on her "death bed" so Victor divorced Diane to make Nikki happy (but of course never goes back to Diane!!), Michael outta' prison, dating Phyllis but needs Cricket to help him get his law license reinstated.....

Makes me want to stay in the 90's forever! Next week is Rivalries Week!

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I can not stand Nelle....I can take her in small, I mean very small doses but shes on too much now!!! and I will be pissed if the judge is so stupid and is played on by Nelle. Knowing GH, I am sure this will happen! 

And what is with Christina giving Sam the third degree? I mean she was all talking to Molly about sleeping with Brando and the next day she is all up in Sam's face. I'm like ok, wtf just happened here?!

So Peter had Holly killed possibly? Another whattttttt?!

Peter said to the guy he didn't want her killed, but who knows? I can't believe they killed off Holly. She was a huge character with both Luke and Robert. Not sure where this will go?

I think Mac might be on to Jordan. I hope it doesn't get him killed. I like Mac. wish he and Robert would work more together.

Yeah, Nelle is just too much. I wonder if GH will let Nina and her find out they are mother and daughter unless that's not Nelle's necklace? She could have stolen it. Who knows? I know the other judge believed her crap. I hope the new judge doesn't believe all her lies. They should age Wylie on the show so he will be older enough to know what a liar and bitch she really is. lol Nothing more annoying than a kid calling you out.

Tomorrow is  a repeat. Days is the only soap with a 5 day schedule and it's heating up. 

The special that's on March 19 on ABC is two hours. Talking to many actors about the different soaps and how they've changed tv. It's even got the nighttime soaps. Should be interesting, since not many shows are new anymore.

God! That Cyrus is something else. I do hope Jason and Sonny take care of him soon. I honestly think Taggart is still alive. Jordan called someone before she admitted that Taggart and the other 2 guys set Cyrus up to get TJ home. The other two are definitely dead, so i think Taggart is alive and hiding out. I feel bad for Trina though. GH has done this story before.

If Nina helps out Nelle I will just scream.

Emma Samms who played Holly on GH and supposedly is dead now, had the corona virus. She wasn't admitted to the hospital and I think she's okay now. 

One of the actors from Y&R, had the virus too. He as on Days for a bit. He's the gay actor and I think he plays the brother to the actress who was on GH for a bit playing the DA.

I think he's okay. haven't seen anything about Nelle. Guess she's doing okay.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Stay well.

Texas weather is cooler this weekend. Thank goodness.

I hope Nina doesn't help Nelle out and that Jax can convince her not to do it. I have this bad feeling though!

I feel like the actor that played Taggert said his character is dead, but this is soapland and things can turn around lol. The dead becomes the undead.

Glad the weather is cooler for you guys. Enjoy it! :)

I think Taggart has to keep it a secret for now, but I do think he might be alive and well somewhere waiting to take down Cyrus? Who knows?

Yeah, if Nelle will be staying on GH and one day Nina will find out she's her daughter, then I'm sure the judge will vote in her favor, so we can all get annoyed at that. lol

I don't think we'll find out much more since GH will be ending before the end of May. How this will suck!

I saw part of the Y&R the other day and Jill was so young. She's still a pretty lady. I hope GH shows older shows too. I would love to see the 80's GH. lol