General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

54 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I wish I could see the old Y&R episodes but I am working during the day and Hulu nor CBS.com will show old reruns. Boooo. :thumbsdown:

Can you dvr the shows? I always dvr my soaps incase I miss them or get interrupted or something.

Not sure why these channels wouldn't show the episodes they are airing now. It sucks that GH will be gone at the end of May. I doubt there'll be a Nurses's ball and Days airs until October.

No word on if/when they can start filming again. 

Also no word on any fall shows either. This will be so strange not seeing my soaps or new tv shows in the fall? Can't stand it.

Had the cable guy come fix my wires today. Missed GH. Hopefully, I can watch it on Demand later or tomorrow.  The trial with Nelle and Michael begins tomorrow. I do hope Nelle leaves town. lol

I doubt that'll happen.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

^ I don't have a DVR. :/ I tend to watch most shows live on Dish or then streaming through Hulu, Amazon and Netflix. 

It's a surreal time, I feel badly for all the actors in LA not knowing when they will be able to film again!

I know I wonder if they are still getting paid? I mean other people out of work have to file for unemployment. I wonder how they are doing it?

I know even primetime shows are at a stand still too and movies. It's a crazy time. All the tv channels are probably losing money too. 

I guess some shows that were recorded and never aired will get their time on tv soon. lol

I know the talk shows can do it from home, but soaps and other tv shows have to be together. It's crazy.

The trial starts tomorrow- ughhhh. Not looking forward to watching that!

I did enjoy seeing the flashback scenes of when Willow and Chase first started their relationship, but then it saddened me cause they should be together still.

Damn you GH for messing with my emotions. :lol:

Just read on yahoo.com that GH ends their episodes on Thursday May 21. They will begin showing episodes that have already aired. I think they will show the Nurses's Ball from 2014. 

No word on any taping. At least, ABC will keep airing GH like CBS is doing with their soaps.

I couldn't watch yesterday's episode due to the cable guy being here. For some reason, it wasn't on Demand later yesterday. it's on there now, so i will watch yesterday's show later on tonight. lol Crazy.

I know GH is very good at making you cry. lol My mom cried so much during the whole BJ dying and giving Maxie her heart. It went on for three days. I think that storyline effected all the characters back then.

And she said when Stone died (he was Robin's b/f) of AIDS she cried for days with that story too. It shows you how amazing the actors are on the soaps when you get amazing storylines that are in real life too.

Finally, got my hair cut today. My stylist is all by herself and she has painted and got new chairs and was doing all the cleaning she could do. We both wore masks too. I feel like a brand new person!

Stay well.

Ha...yeah I got my hair cut and colored too! It will be awhile before I go to the theatre and such but my hairdresser made me feel very safe and they had to follow a lot of health mandates in order top open.  It's nice not seeing my roots!

The scenes with Mike are gut wrenching to see....it makes me feel for my dad and his family because they all took turns caring for their father during the last 2 years of his life with Alzheimer's disease. Its a horrible horrible way to go.

I know you feel so amazing after you get your hair done. Yeah, my hair stylist had to follow rules too. I'm just glad she works alone. it was so much better.

Yeah, my mom had to take care of my grandmother the last few weeks. She had brain cancer, but she would forget things and be mean to her. It was so sad. When my mom came back down with her she was put in a senior home for the last few days of her life. She slowly stopped eating too and before she died she said No DNR so it made things a bit easier for my mom. She has a brother, but my mom was the one who took care of things. It's so hard when you love someone and see them slowly slip away. It's just not right.

Well, the trial won't start until Monday and it's the last 4 days of GH. I can't believe it. This sucks.

I think Sasha did coke today to do her photo shoot. So many amazing storylines that will be cut short for now. Robert and Anna were talking about Holly today. I don't think she's really dead. Emma Samms was a popular actress on GH and GH usually doesn't kill a character off from the past unless you're really dead. I think Robert would have gone to find her had GH filmed it. Maybe once TV can film again? Who knows when?

I read that CW wants to film the last two episodes of Supernatural for the fall to end their series, but show knows if the summer months will be okay to film. Most of the tv stations are pushing back their new season. Not sure when any new shows can air.

Have a good weekend! Stay well,

today's GH was a repeat. I didn't watch it. I figure starting next Friday GH will be repeats from now on, so I'll watch some of them.

Finally Days let one storyline come out that I knew wasn't what it seemed to be. It's cool because the guy responsible for a terrible accident is a real bastard, so I'm hoping he'll either be killed for real this time, or put back in jail. Sometimes Days brings back characters and you're like why?

Have a good weekend!

President Trump announced that there will be a vaccine by December and Dr. Fauci agreed with him. good news at last! He promised every American will have the vaccine and other countries too. lol He was kind of hesitate on that one. OMG!

Stay well.

Really by December? That is pretty optimistic but hopefully it will turn out to be true! That would be good timing because our biggest city Anchorage said that if another outbreak happens in the fall like in September, that school may not start until December...so we will see!

I really don't get how Days has so many filmed shows ahead of time. Y&R and GH need to take note in case this ever happens again because they both didn't have enough to last long. And now LA may be under shelter in place orders till possibly August so I feel we may not see new episodes of our soaps till fall. Ugh.

Have a good wknd! :)

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Really by December? That is pretty optimistic but hopefully it will turn out to be true! That would be good timing because our biggest city Anchorage said that if another outbreak happens in the fall like in September, that school may not start until December...so we will see!

I really don't get how Days has so many filmed shows ahead of time. Y&R and GH need to take note in case this ever happens again because they both didn't have enough to last long. And now LA may be under shelter in place orders till possibly August so I feel we may not see new episodes of our soaps till fall. Ugh.

Have a good wknd! :)

I just got an email from Soap Opera Digest and they said the Bold and the Beautiful want to start filming by June. Not sure how that will happen? Yeah, alot of states that opened are now shutting down again due to the spike in the virus. I said when this started we would be around until December. Wish I wasn't right about that prediction.

Anyway, GH ends first run shows on Thursday and begins repeats like the other soaps. Yeah, I don't know how Days filmed so far in advance, but I'm glad they did. There are some great storylines coming up and I would hate to be left open ended. Most of the tv shows have ended and I'll be lucky to remember where they left off whenever or if ever they return.

The CW keeps saying they will begin filming by August, but who knows? Supernatural has 2 shows to film and that series will end. the CW will air repeats of that CBS access show "Tell me a story", but I bought the dvd box set and saw the second season with a friend, so I'm not watching that show again.

It's going to be a boring winter if the tv shows don't come back on. I do have movies I have not watched yet and all the premium channels on cable, so I'll probably be okay.

Yeah, other doctors are saying it's too soon to say America will have a vaccine by December. I'm just so tired of hearing about this virus and all the lives lost. 

I agree it will spike again. This is virus is not like anything anyone has encountered so i'll do what it wants to anytime it wants to.

Trump said we will power through it yeah, but how many more lives will it cost us to do this?

also we might get another stimulus check but the Republicans and Trump are holding it up. There's money for immigrants and they don't want that. OMG!

Have a safe weekend.

It is raining here in Dallas, so I'll be staying in today.

Ha...yeah I read that about B&B...of course I would love for that to happen, but I dont think it will. I think maybe by August it may be safe for them to film again. We will probably see many scenes with just one or 2 people at a time. 

I have Dish plus Hulu, Amazon etc. so not too afraid of running out of shows to watch. I actually have way too many shows on my watchlist. Oh and I also have a firestick so more shows with that as well! Too many lol. :lol:

Hope your weekend was good!

I know I have tons of shows on my dvr plus movies I have on dvd and haven't had a chance to view yet either. I guess I'm good for now. It'll just seem so weird to now see any new GH shows.

It would be cool if they started over again with the Luke and Laura saga from the 80's. that's when GH was the number 1 soap. Not sure how they will do the episodes. I did read they will repeat the Nurses's ball from 2014 at first. Will be good to see a NB again. I love those shows. You get to see the other talents the actors have on GH.

Well, I just hope when the tv shows begin to film everyone is safe and stays well. I would hate for anyone to get the virus and how it can spread to other actors.

I know the actress who plays Nelle had the virus and is okay now. Not sure if she infected any other actors. She interacted with most of the actors on the show.

It would be cool if GH finished the Wylie story this week.

I have a feeling that Nelle married Valentin, but I was thinking Julian, but who knows? I mean Julian doesn't have a great rep either. Valentin would make a better husband for her to get custody of Wylie. It'll be cool to see how this custody goes?\

Stay well.

I bet the actress who plays Nelle is ok or I am sure we would have heard about a relapse. I know the actor from Y&R who got it was pretty sick for a good 3 weeks. :(

I don't think it affected her the way it did him....but I could be wrong.

Fans are all done with Nelle, they are sick of her lol. She does play the victim card oh so well, I will give her that! But come on, she doesn't have to be on every day!

Yeah, well, I have a bad feeling GH will end before we know who gets custody of Wylie

Sonny will have to make a tough decision regarding Mike. Not sure if we will see how this ends up either? It sucks.

Yeah, the actor from Y&R was also on Days of our lives for a short time. I read he had the virus too.

This virus does different things to each patient. One woman went home yesterday from a Dallas hospital after being on a ventilator for 33 days. She was on her way to rehab.

My mom's cousin's daughter who is a nurse had a mild fever. Then she just had to stay by herself. She stayed in her bedroom for 14 + days. No fever but her taste and smell is still gone. Yesterday she went for a bike ride and had trouble breathing. The state of Florida won't test her if/when she can go back to work. If she doesn't know if she still has the virus, how can she go back to work? How stupid is this? She takes care of patients. I don't understand this at all?

Anyway, June 1 Texas will open restaurants to 50% and summer camps and overnight camps too. Also bowling alleys and other places. I think this is too soon, but since no one knows for sure, guess we have to do what we feel is best for us.

Stay well.

Guess Nina won't know Nelle might be her daughter before Thursday either. So many stories left untold.

One more day for GH. So sad. I know it'll end up in the air for the trial.

Anyway, good news! CBS will air the Daytime Emmys on Thursday June 26. Not sure if the actors will attend? Just read that CBS will air it this year after years of not airing the awards show.

I think they could do it with distancing or actors from home. 

Did you see "The story of Soaps" last night on ABC? It was so good. Told the amazing story about the wonderful women who started the soaps on the radio and then moved to tv and how the soaps have changed over the years with up to date story lines from the news. So many cool scenes and so many amazing actors who started on a soap opera and moved to prime time or movies.

Stay safe.

I did watch that special! Stayed up late to watch it...it was worth it. Too bad they didn't show scenes from Santa Barbara though. Eden and Cruz were also a super couple.

Only one more day for GH? For some reason I thought they had episodes till the last day in May. SAD!!! :(

On 5/20/2020 at 3:17 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I did watch that special! Stayed up late to watch it...it was worth it. Too bad they didn't show scenes from Santa Barbara though. Eden and Cruz were also a super couple.

Only one more day for GH? For some reason I thought they had episodes till the last day in May. SAD!!! :(

My mom remembers Santa Barbara with Eden and Cruz. Yeah, they were a super couple too.

So many soaps gone. Can't believe it.

I had to have my cable fixed again today and of course it was during GH. Will have to on demand it either tonight or tomorrow. Yeah, today was the last day.

Yahoo.com had an article about today's show and all the cliffhangers. I guess we won't know who gets Wylie until GH returns? I did see Nelle lying on the stand about how Brad stole her baby.

God I wish someone would kill her!

Anyway, no date on when or if the soaps can film again.

Just sucks.

Can't believe GH had it's last first run episode. So many cliffhangers.

Next week GH will air a Nurses's ball.  Today's episode was from 2015 with Luke realizing he killed his parents. Tony Geary is some amazing actor.

Well, if the soaps/tv shows ever begin to film again, it might take about 2 weeks to a month to air them, but at least we would know? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have a good weekend.

it's super hot here in Dallas, so I will be in for the weekend in the a/c.

Stay well.

I mean it would have been nice to have the trial be over before this long hiatus..but then again, it does make for a good cliffhanger! I honestly do not know what the judge will say. Diane made a good point of listing all of Julian's criminal charges so we will see!

Try to stay cool! And enjoy your holiday weekend. Be well. :)

17 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I mean it would have been nice to have the trial be over before this long hiatus..but then again, it does make for a good cliffhanger! I honestly do not know what the judge will say. Diane made a good point of listing all of Julian's criminal charges so we will see!

Try to stay cool! And enjoy your holiday weekend. Be well. :)

I know and what will Nina say? Will she side with Nelle or tell the judge that she is blackmailing Julian? I want Nina to see that necklace Nelle is holding. Not sure if she is Nina's kid. Nelle could have stolen that necklace from someone else. You never know?

I know so many cliffhangers. I think Robert is right and Holly isn't dead. Years ago GH killed Robert and Anna on a ship that Faison blew up and see they're alive! lol

Sonny having to make a tough decision regarding his dad.

Is Sasha going to get hooked on cocaine? I think Maxie is pregnant with Peter's child! God help her!

I do hope Robert and Luke team up for one more adventure. That would be awesome!~

I guess Brookynn will find out Valentin bought her shares of ELQ.

I told you Dominic (Dante) said he would return to GH if/when they start to film again. I hope so because Dustin and Lulu just don't have that chemistry. Dustin might be better with Brooklynn.

Big storms here today. Pouring rain right now. But it's still hot and humid!

Stay well and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Oh wow! GH showed the Nurses Ball from 2014.

Tyler christopher was there along with Spencer.

Luke and Tracy and Duke and Anna.

Maxie wasn't with Nathan as yet.

Brit was with Brad in a hotel room watching the red carpet. lol

Lesil stole the opening number for herself. Dante and Lulu. 

Lucy was with Kevin.

I forgot that Olivia was with Sonny for a short while before he cheated on her with Ava. lol So many good times.

It was good to see Felicia and Mac and how young Emma and Cameron were. Also Shawn was Sonny's man because Jason was still "dead". The Ball will go on all week.