General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

My mom remembers when Ronn Moss played Ridge. I wonder why he left? Also Hunter Tylo too? I guess actors move on especially when they get older.

The new Ridge was on One life to live for a long time.

Well, Julian is definitely dead on GH. I will miss him. I'm sure Sonny will turn up soon enough. Hopefully, by Christmas.

We found out the sex of Maxie and Peter's baby. Can't wait to see this double wedding, if it even happens? lol

19 hours ago, EvanG said:

Ronn Moss was already 35 years old when B&B started in 1987 and John McCook, who plays his father, is only 8 years older in real life. 

Crazy.  Yeah, sometimes when they replace a character he's younger! lol Go figure.

The first time I saw Ronn Moss was in this movie called "hard ticket to Hawaii." One of those Andy Sedaris movies. lol So funny.

Ronn and his band appeared on GH a few years ago at the Nurses's Ball. He's a band and they had a hit song, but I forgot what it was? Anyway, guess he didn't want to be on B&B anymore.

Yeah, I never got the full story of why the OG Ridge left. Maybe to play more in his band? 

Wow, so Anna is starting to get suspicious of Dante....I wondered when someone was going to notice that. Because yeah one day he is locked up and refuses to see his mom, then next day he's like hey everyone I am back in Port Charles! Come on lol. But she won't be happy once she finds out he is only in town to bring her nephew down!

23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, I never got the full story of why the OG Ridge left. Maybe to play more in his band? 

Wow, so Anna is starting to get suspicious of Dante....I wondered when someone was going to notice that. Because yeah one day he is locked up and refuses to see his mom, then next day he's like hey everyone I am back in Port Charles! Come on lol. But she won't be happy once she finds out he is only in town to bring her nephew down!

Well, with that doctor dead and no one to click the pen, can Dante do his final mission? And I will love it if Leisel comes back to PC and GH.  Her and Britt together again.

What happened to Brad? Is he still in GH?

I do hope Sonny comes back soon alive and well. Now the cops are asking questions. What until Ava finds out that Julian is dead! Alexis will drink herself to death now.

Loved Marty and Kevin and Laura having dinner together on Xmas eve. I do love Michael, so glad his part is bigger now. He is such a good actor. But I don't think Cyrus will like it one bit.

Well, on B&B, Steffie slept with Finn so if they write her pregnancy into the show, it'll be who's the baby daddy? lol And Paris working at the same company as Zoe? Can't for the sparks to fly! lol

Ok, Alexis is killing me here!!!! Sam has threatened no time with her grandkids, and now even sunshine Molly is all done with her. What the heck is going to take to get her to stop drinking?! This is crazy! How many times is she going to fall off the wagon. Ughhhhhh.

I think that Leisel will come back. She will be the one to click click Dante haha. and does she even know that Britt is back at the hospital? 

I sure teared up when Carly rushed outside because she was overcome with grief...even though I know Sonny is not dead, just seeing her emotional state has got me going. :( Hope he comes back soon....she will have to say something to the family if he doesn't come back any day now. They will get too suspicious!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas w/your family!!! :)

I can't believe GH was a repeat yesterday. I want to know about Sonny. 

Yeah, at least Carly talked to Jax about it. He knew something was wrong. Before long Sam and Jason will be back togther.

I think GH is testing Brando and Sasha together. I think they could make a cute couple.

If Maxie, Peter and Anna and Finn have a double wedding it will be so funny. lol

/Days of our lives was on today. I did watch the repeat of B&B since it was from 2018. I think Zoe's accent is so funny. Everyone looked so pretty. I guess the family sings carols every year.

It's funny how things on soaps change so fast from year to year.

Have a very Merry Christmas! Let's hope next year will be a little better!

I am not too surprised GH was a repeat, it would be nice if they were like CBS shows where there is always a new episode unless like football is on. But even then, it's a rare time. Is Days like that? Mostly new episodes even on holidays?

My Christmas was very nice...peaceful and quiet. How was yours?

and the singing on B&B- I mean I liked Paris' voice much better than Zoe's. I know that sounds bad lol. :lol: but it would be weird to hear her accent again, I need to go back and watch an old episode!

Well, last week's Bold episode was a repeat and Zoe had an English accent. lol

I wish Bold would repeat some shows showing how crazy Thomas was. Right now I feel sorry for him and can't hate him.

Well, it seems like Zoe was her sister gone. I wonder how working together will go?

Liam is losing it. You know he'll crack.

On GH, how long will Sonny be gone. We know he's not dead. I hope he doesn't lose his memory again. Been there and done that!  I hope the cops don't find Sonny's gun since he did accidently shoot Julian the second time.

Glad Britt is on board with Jason. Leisel being back in PC is so cool. So glad GH had Liz's friend on today. She and Cam got along great today.

Poor Jordan had everyone leave her today. Cyrus is messing up her life big time.

My Christmas was nice. We spent the day with my parents. My daughter was with her dad. She came home on Saturday, so my mom made an Italian dinner of baked ziti and sauce and meat. My brother and his g/f came too. We ate too much. And of course had lots of dessert. We talked and watched Xmas movies. It was very nice.

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow so more family time. we got a carvel ice cream cake for her birthday. She got so many toys for Xmas and now she'll get more stuff for her birthday. I needed a bigger place. lol

Let's hope and pray 2021 will be better. I hope Congress agrees on another stimulus and we all get our covid vaccines soon.

Yeah with crazy Thomas, I felt like it happened last summer??? I tried to find clips to post here, but I only had a few minutes while on my lunch and I could not find any! I am sure they are out there, but I need to devote some time to search for them lol. He used his son a lot to manipulate Hope, and turned his anger on him a few times. 

I do not agree with Jordan for lying but did feel really badly that she was alone for Christmas. :( I am surprised the truth came out about Molly sleeping with Brando, was not expecting that! All these secrets coming out and it is very good that the whole family knows about Sonny missing. That should have been never kept a secret, especially from Michael.

Your Christmas sounded really nice...baked ziti, yum! Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday! :heart:

My Christmas was small, just me, my brother and his fiance. We splurged and had King Crab for dinner and watched Home Alone and did a Zoom meeting with my other brother in San Antonio and my mom and stepdad in CO. Wish my dad in Mexico knew how to Zoom, but he is very old school. Very lol! We at least talked to him on the telephone.

So glad you spent the holidays with your brother and his fiance. It's always good to spend time with family. Hope your cats had a wonderful Christmas too. :)

Well, since it seems Bold goes over stuff a million times, I'm sure they will talk about what Thomas did in his past. I know about the baby thing and how he got Zoe to go along with it too. Anyway, when I started to watch some soaps I eventually caught up, so I'm sure some secrets will come out on bold too. I just don't get the whole Paris and Zoe thing unless Zoe is jealous of her with Zende?

Well, GH was exciting today. Love when Jason goes into killer mode. Poor Alexis. I feel her pain over her life and now Julian. where is sonny? I hope Maurice is just taking some time off and will be back in the new year.  Since tomorrow is a repeat, I guess Port Charles won't be celebrating New Year's. I think after Laura told Carly about Cyrus's mother, she had her kidnapped. lol Oh Carly! Here we go again. Jumping the gun. I know Laura will try to trick Cyrus into incrimnination himself but I feel bad when he looked so hopeful that Laura wants to keep the peace with him.

Our weather has gotten very cold again and rainy. I just can't wait for this year to be over and we get a new President. Biden will have his work cut out for him. Hope he chose a good cabinet. He will need all the help he can get.

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, since it seems Bold goes over stuff a million times, I'm sure they will talk about what Thomas did in his past. I know about the baby thing and how he got Zoe to go along with it too. Anyway, when I started to watch some soaps I eventually caught up, so I'm sure some secrets will come out on bold too. I just don't get the whole Paris and Zoe thing unless Zoe is jealous of her with Zende?

Yes, a million times is right....that is the number one thing probably that drives us B&B fans crazy lol! but that is just what they do! and yeah Zoe was acting very weird about Paris working at Forrester- something is definitely up with that! Once again, another secret. :lol:

Oh Alexis, she is just stuck at rock bottom and that secret about her sleeping with Ned is going to come out any day.  Once again, another secret! Ha.

Yeah, Max Gail just passed away this year on GH. He played Sonny's father. It was super sad when he passed. He had dementia and played the part so well. I cried at times.

Maura has been on GH for many years now. She's a super great actresses and her character named Ava is one bad ass! She's gone through many different personas, but I sitll love her.

Laura Wright is the 4th actress to play Carly, but honestly, I think she's the best of them all. She's married to Sonny. This actresses  can play the hell out of any storyline she has. I love her!

Yeah, so many actors have gone to many different soaps.

I also read that ABC might make a nighttime version of All My Children with Kelly Ripa and her husband Mark producing it. They were both main characters on AMC years ago and then ABC just cancelled that and One life to live. So sad.

Anyway, love watching my soaps. It's a good way to forget about the read world for an hour or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes, a million times is right....that is the number one thing probably that drives us B&B fans crazy lol! but that is just what they do! and yeah Zoe was acting very weird about Paris working at Forrester- something is definitely up with that! Once again, another secret. :lol:

Oh Alexis, she is just stuck at rock bottom and that secret about her sleeping with Ned is going to come out any day.  Once again, another secret! Ha.

Well, it finally came out on Bold, Steffie is pregnant! she told Liam today. He was thisclose to telling Hope he slept with Steffie. This whole thing will blow up in everyone's face soon enough.

Yeah, I think Zoe is jealous of her sister and doesn't want her around Zende. I think Paris will figure it out.

I know it's been how many weeks and Liam is still having the same conversation with Steffie. lol I guess these actors don't have to memorize too many lines each day. lol

Have a happy and health New Year!

Can't wait for next week's GH! Where is Sonny and honestly, after yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason and Carly sleep together. lol

I watched a repeat of Bold from 2009 when Bill and Katie got married. Patrick Duffy was her dad! so cool.  I love him.

When Dallas was filming the newer show, my mom and I saw Patrick shopping in Kroger. He was quiet and just checked out, but some people took pictures of him online. lol

Anyway, Patrick still looks great. Once and a while he is on American Housewife with his pony tail. lol

Ron Moss was playing Ridge at the time too.

I saw that old episode too!!! Its so.fun seeing such old episodes....I don't remember Katie marrying Bill in 2009. I swear she has been on and off again with him for over a decade! See B&B does this with all their couple lol. 

Ok...so I literally just read some huge news. One- the actress that plays Jordan has COVID. :( and 2- GH was supposed to resume taping 1/6 but LA said no filming for right now and with Jordan's COVID they won't try to tape again for like 2 weeks..they have enough new episodes till Feb. But thats not much. They need to tape more like Days. 

wow! hope Jordan and any other actors get well soon.

Well, since the covid not sure how far along Days is now? lol 

I wonder who Steffy's baby daddy will be? Didn't she just sleep with Liam and Finn a day apart and already she knows she's pregnant. lol 

I wonder if they will replace Jordan for awhile. Maybe the original Taggart has it too, that's why they replaced him.

Wait until Laura finds out that Carly took Cyrus's mom. I don't think Laura wanted that to happen. If Sonny doesn't return there will be an all out war pretty soon. I hope Marty can calm his brother down.

Yeah, are Bill and Katie still married? I saw a Xmas episode of Bold and she was with the actor who plays Jax on GH. How long ago was that? 

Anyway, have a good Sunday. My brother and his g/f are in Maui. I'm so jealous although i'm not good with very long plane rides.

No Bill and Katie I think are separated? About 6 to 12 months ago??? ...Quinn saw Brooke and Bill kiss. She had proof of it on this slideshow picture frame that she made sure everyone saw during this party that was held at Quinn and Erics house. This happened probably a few months before you started watching B&B? It could have been longer. But since they never show Bill and Katie....its hard to know the exact fall out of that kiss. 

Maui is so amazing!!! Have gotten to go there 3 times but its been awhile. I have always wanted to take my father there. They had very strict COVID rules if you flew there but now you just need a negative test before you arrive.

Yeah, my brother and his g/f and her parents all got tested before they went and luckily they were all negative.

My parents are waiting for word on the vaccine. They had to register online.

Cool you got to go to Maui too. My brother said it's beautiful. He went to a laua last night and was on the beach today. He might take a surfing lesson too. He's excited.  My mom wanted a magnet. She tells everyone who goes somewhere she won't be able to go to get a magnet from that place. She has tons of magnets from places she's been too and hasn't been to on the fridge.

I think I remember them talking about Bill kissing Brooke and admitting that he will always love her. Well, since it's a soap they can still get back together one day. lol

I read in the newspaper that all the shows I guess soaps too that film in California have to stop for 2 weeks due to the rise in covid. I do hope whoever has it gets well from it. This is such a bad time right now. The virus seems to be getting worse and the numbers are so high right now and all Trump worries about is getting more votes. What a liar! Did you hear that phone call to Georgia? He should be arrested for this. Guess we will see.

I can't believe what Carly did. She's like the new Mob queen. lol I'm glad she's touch, but this might well cause a war and when Sonny gets back he won't like it. Meanwhile Laura is going to rip her a new one.

Alexis has to get her shit together or she might do something to herself. I felt badly for Ava too. I do hope she and Nick stay together I like them together.

It was nice seeing Jax today. Jason is going to lose his mind trying to protect Carly and her dumb ideas.

I had forgotten about Jax! GH better utilize him or he's gonna split again! 

and yeah Carly kidnapping Cyrus' mom? that is hard core lol....Jason has lost all control of her. No stopping Carly now.

I really really dislike this Alexis storyline....we have already done this. Ughhhh.

oh and yeah I listened to that hour long Trump case during my lunch. I could not believe what I was hearing. He needs to go to to jail. He is breaking so many fucking laws I am sure, it's not even funny. I am so dreading tomorrow with all those jackasses contesting the electoral vote to make Biden president. They will drag it out...but he will be President. No matter what Trump pulls. Man, I can not wait for Biden to be inaugurated!!!!!

Well, today no soaps due to Congress going through this fraud voting shit. My God! What a horrible year and now the new year is sucking too.

All those Trump supporters protesting outside. Don't they have jobs? 

Trump has caused so much turmoil in America and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. What the hell?

Anyway, I will check the websites later on to see if the soaps are airing online. this sucks because does every channel have to air the same shit?

I do hope Trump gets arrested for all the shit is has pulled or maybe he will just leave the country, but who would want him? lol

I know Carly is out of control, but what else is new? I hope Sonny comes back soon. I hope Maurice is okay. I haven't read anything about vacation time or if he's ill. 

I know I agree with the Alexis storylne. I know she has had a terrible year, but I don't understand why she won't get help? I hope they don't mess up her character completely that Nancy will want to leave? I mean GH messed up Julian's world too and they lost a very good actor.

Once again, I could not stop watching the news. You know what really sickens me though that you know there is no way black people could have broken through that police line and stormed the capital. Those thugs were white supremacists and their white power let them get away with the atrocity that they pulled yesterday. I am absolutely appalled and livid.

I am glad that social media silenced Trump for like 12 hours, but honestly he just needs to be pulled from office. He is dangerous and his freakin Trumper fans feed off of that.

Thank god that Biden is now officially going to be President because congress certified the electoral count early this morning, but the next 2 weeks can still be quite dangerous....

I know it was horrible what happened yesterday. I also heard that only the President has the power to call on the National Guard, which Trump didn't do. If the had been on the Capitol steps they could have stopped them from storming the building and avoid those people from getting hurt and killed. The woman who died was ex military and she should have known better. We attack our enemies not each other.

I watched Congress vote on the whole fraud fiasco and after what Trump did even his supporters voted "no". That was the final nail in his coffin. He deserves to be kicked out of office now not in two weeks. What a mess. America is better than this but not yesterday.

This whole right to bear arms law has to be amended. We don't live in the wild wild west or the 1700's where we needed guns for our protection and freedom. Times have changed.

The whole world was appalled by their behavior yesterday. I don't know what the hell is going on anymore?

Now 2021 is tainted too. Trump should have been trying to get vaccines out to all of us instead he started a civil war in his own country. This proves he doesn't give a shit about anyone. His whole family needs to be banished never to be seen or heard of again. So sick and tired of his shit.

Today Biden interrupted GH. I'll have to check it out online. Bold showed yesterday's show. I watched Days online becuase they jumped ahead.  

These are terrible times we live in and this President will go down in history as being the worse. I hope he's happy about that.

Ok Willow was annoying me in Friday's episode....J hope Chase doesn't give up on her, they belong together!!!

Oh and seeing Laura's mom was very interesting. That whole scene between the 3 was so great. I like this storyline. 

And that last scene between Jason and Carly? Oh man, that made me teary. But at least we got a glimpse of Sonny so that is promising.