FAVORITE SONG INTRO

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

1. Mr Brownstone 

2. You could be mine 

3. Civil war 

4. Knockin' on heaven's door (it's a cover, I know, but their own rendition and I like it more than the original) 

5. It's so easy

and if Jungle, PC and SCOM would be included , Jungle would be clear no 1 for me. 

welcome_to_the_jungle_by_gtneko-d6o38ml.

¡Nice image!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Potty mouth sounds like it could be used for someone who eats ass :lol: don't get me wrong, the other alternative is good, but what so appealing about sticking your tongue in an asshole and getting your mouth stuffed with shit and yesterday's Chipotle in return? As far as I'm concerned, asseating is the same as downing a bucket of shit, which isn't really sexually appealing to most :lol:

And what does the other person gain? A tongue in your ass, hooray! You got a dick or a cunt but you'd rather go "No Peter, stick in my ass will you?"

You Americans and your weird sex :lol:

This concludes my internet rant about ass-eating for now.

WTF happened here??? :blink:@AxlsFavoriteRose I blame you for this. :rofl-lol:

Post of the month!

• Like 4

Wow...what a strange turn of events in here, was not expecting that one. ?

Not sure why he thinks Americans have weird sex....I have dated a few European guys and they could get pretty weird too ?

But back on topic, my favorites are Only Women Bleed and Sail Away Sweet Sister ?

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Can't fuckin' type tonight

9 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Wow...what a strange turn of events in here, was not expecting that one. ?

Not sure why he thinks Americans have weirdsex....I have dated a few European guys and they could get pretty weird too ?

Haha!!??

8 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

there are many reasons i love gnr, one of my favorite things has always been their ability to write incredible intros to their songs.  i'm not sure there are many bands that rival them on starting a song off right.  

what are your favorites LEAVING OUT the obvious three: jungle, scom, paradise city.  top 3, top 5, top 10… whatever.  

My Top 5:

1. You Could Be Mine*

2. My Michelle* 

3. It's So Easy* 

4. Pretty Tied Up*

5. Rocket Queen* 

* with all due respect to COMA.  

You? 

You Could be Mine - unbelievable crescendo, unbelievable rhythm and groove, this shit rocks so hard, i just love it!

My Way Your Way - Its not GNR (but it sort of is). Izzy and Chris Weber dueling speed-metal guitars creating tension along with that axl extended howling then enter the primal drum beat -- this is a crazy rock n roll crescendo like no one but these guys can do. FUCK YEAH!

Mr. Brownstone

Yet another example of building tension and just releasing it. Very few bands are capable of this. Yet another masterful intro.

Rocket Queen - Are you kidding me? Is this shit being exposed to kids and adults in music schools? This is how you do a fucking intro, it just doesnt get any better than this!

Patience - I love the semi-embrionary version of the intro (including if I am not mistaken a less complex chord sequence and a bit different whistling by Axl) that they did on CBGBs

isnt this the best band ever? fuck yeah it is!

wont they ever come back?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, soon said:

Estranged is an interesting one.  The vocals come in right at the start.  I think most are thinking that the intro is before singing - I know I was.  But I could see how in this case the opening lyrics are kinda like an intro?  

(On the video version there is seagulls and/or dolphin sounds at the start.  Maybe thats what you were referring too?)

The whisper intro is just amazing and I love the lyrics. And what Slash is doing in the background with the amplifier feedback before the riff kicks in is amazing too. Even without the vocal intro and just that I would pick it in my top intros, check it out here

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The whisper intro is just amazing and I love the lyrics. And what Slash is doing in the background with the amplifier feedback before the riff kicks in is amazing too. Even without the vocal intro and just that I would pick it in my top intros, check it out here

Yeah, I love it too!

And I noticed people choosing Dead Horse too - also with Lyrics right form the start, yet still named as an intro.

I love both parts.

And if they're intros - which I can totally accept - then they should be top picks for sure. I just hadn't thought if it that way - that an intro didnt have to mean a section of music before lyrics come in.  I think in many cases songs that start with lyrics couldn't be said to have intros, but Estranged and Dead Horse defiantly do have intros with lyrics.