Whats Your Regions Signature Sauce, Condiment, Topping?

soon

8 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Sun chips, I forgot about those! They are tasty too.

And yep, beer works just as well :lol:  I actually tried strawberry beer this summer from the LCBO (not with the chips tho).. it was delicious!

Was it Fruli?  Ive had that strawberry beer and liked it a lot too.  BTW, have you had St Hubert chicken?  Im thinking that might be a regional signature sauce?

7 hours ago, Graeme said:

My best friend from Scotland now lives in Vancouver, when I was visiting him, he cooked breakfast a few times and he made bacon by baking it in the oven on tinfoil with large quantities of seasoning salt. It wasn't something I'd ever encountered at home, kinda reddish in appearance, but I have to say, it was absolutely dynamite and hugely enhanced the bacon, just thinking about it gets the saliva glands going. Is it a Canadian thing? A general North American thing?

Never seen that exactly but sometimes people cook bacon in the oven on a drying rack or something with tinfoil below it so that the fat drips away.  Makes it crispy like for bacon bits.   It sounds close to candying the bacon - if the seasoning mix included sugar

Ya I have never heard of seasoning salt on bacon either. Must be something only those hoity toitys from Vancouver do. :lol: @Gordon Comstock you're from somewhere around there aren't you, what say you?

I do cook bacon in the oven though. You just have to make sure there is a good lip on your tinfoil otherwise the grease will spill out..especially if your pans twist in the oven like mine seem to do!

2 hours ago, soon said:

Was it Fruli?  Ive had that strawberry beer and liked it a lot too.  BTW, have you had St Hubert chicken?  Im thinking that might be a regional signature sauce?

Yes it was Fruli! so good. Ive never had that chicken and the only place I think I remember seeing a sign for it was in Kitchener waaaay back in the day. What about Swiss Chalet sauce? I'm pretty sure you can buy that on it's own now.

You know what? regional condiment..I'm gonna go with Miracle Whip.. none of my family including grandparents or my friends families ever used real mayonnaise, it was always Miracle Whip so I'm going with that. Its the only mayo I still use as well. :lol:

Yes: Miracle Whip!  Absolutely.  Same with my family, haha.  First time I had real mayo I was very disappointed in it.

There was St Hubert in Kitchener?!  I wasted all those years and only had it since I moved east.  man!  Its similar to Swiss Chalet sauce, but distinctive enough - I like it better.  And yes, both are available at grocery store now!  Ive got a can of St Hubert

9 hours ago, penelope said:

Antes habia musica norteña que no sonaba tan fea, y tenia mas ritmo, o no se ni lo que estoy diciendo yo todavia no nacia.. lo que quiero decir es que  todo ha cambiado.

ya son puros trompetazos y puro ruido sin sentido.

No se que sea Porter:question:  creo que la unica musica mexicana que oigo es a luis miguel :ph34r: y no estoy muy segura que sea mexicano, de rock en español estan mejor los grupos de america del sur, como  soda stereo..

Trabajas en un volcan? :o

Si, trabajo en el Volcan de Colima, es la razon que Soulie dijo "our favourite volcanologist" (aunque creo que soy el unico vulcanologo del foro entonces podria ser su menos favorito al mismo tiempo :P ). Aqui es la cancion y video de que hablo, el inicio del video fue grabado en el parque nacional Nevado de Colima en que he pasado bastante tiempo y dos veces puedes ver el Volcan de Colima y sus exhalaciones de ceniza.

34 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Si, trabajo en el Volcan de Colima, es la razon que Soulie dijo "our favourite volcanologist" (aunque creo que soy el unico vulcanologo del foro entonces podria ser su menos favorito al mismo tiempo :P ). Aqui es la cancion y video de que hablo, el inicio del video fue grabado en el parque nacional Nevado de Colima en que he pasado bastante tiempo y dos veces puedes ver el Volcan de Colima y sus exhalaciones de ceniza.

Que ignorante soy, no sabia que habia un volcan en colima :P ya vi el video.

No habia entendido porque te habia dicho volcanologist, ahora ya.

ahora dime, es cierto que hay ufos adentro de los volcanes?:ph34r:

51 minutes ago, penelope said:

Que ignorante soy, no sabia que habia un volcan en colima :P ya vi el video.

No habia entendido porque te habia dicho volcanologist, ahora ya.

ahora dime, es cierto que hay ufos adentro de los volcanes?:ph34r:

Es bastante famoso ahora el Volcan de Colima porque un amigo mio ha arreglado una camara web y hay videos populares de las explosiones mas grandes.

Claro que noooo :P . Nosotros vulcanologos no entendemos porque tantos mexicanos tienen una gran obsesion con OVNIs en sus volcanes, especialmente Popocatepetl.

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ya I have never heard of seasoning salt on bacon either. Must be something only those hoity toitys from Vancouver do. :lol: @Gordon Comstock you're from somewhere around there aren't you, what say you?

I do cook bacon in the oven though. You just have to make sure there is a good lip on your tinfoil otherwise the grease will spill out..especially if your pans twist in the oven like mine seem to do!

I've never heard of that either; I think Graeme's friend is just odd (or ahead of his time) :lol: I've only cooked it in the oven a couple times, only when making candied bacon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

Es bastante famoso ahora el Volcan de Colima porque un amigo mio ha arreglado una camara web y hay videos populares de las explosiones mas grandes.

Claro que noooo :P . Nosotros vulcanologos no entendemos porque tantos mexicanos tienen una gran obsesion con OVNIs en sus volcanes, especialmente Popocatepetl.

Si existen!!!  Si  estudiaras el oceano también te preguntaria por ellos... 

Viven en el  popo :D

55 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Whiskey Rose @soon Those things in packets that you munch with your beer/wine are CRISPS.s-l300.jpg they come in hundreds of flavours and they ain't CHIPS :P

They come in hundreds of flavours, some of which are palatable prior to drinking beer/wine, they are called CHIPS and there is no such thing as CRISPS! :P

Edited by soon

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

CHIPS = food to eat with battered fish or a fried egg

CRISPS = a snack to eat in the pub

:bitchfight::P

Pub Fries/ Thick Cut French Fries/Steak Fries/Potato Wedges = food to eat with battered fish or a fried egg (shit, actually we do call that dish "fish and chips" but thats only because its a UK dish, lol!)

Chips = good all the time.  not super popular in the average pub.  thinly sliced fried potatoes.

Crisps = something over cooked, anything

:lol::bitchfight:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, soon said:

Pub Fries/ Thick Cut French Fries/Steak Fries/Potato Wedges = food to eat with battered fish or a fried egg (shit, actually we do call that dish "fish and chips" but thats only because its a UK dish, lol!)

Chips = good all the time.  not super popular in the average pub.  thinly sliced fried potatoes.

Crisps = something over cooked, anything

:lol::bitchfight:

Bloody ignorant swine! :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Not a topping or condiment, but around Thanksgiving and Christmas we have turkey and dressing sandwiches. You basically take stuffing and turkey and throw it on a hamburger bun. It exists in other regions but here in Dubuque everyone has them around the holidays. 

Oh I love these sandwiches from leftover Christmas dinner! I even throw coleslaw on mine :lol: Haven't tried it on a hamburger bun though, I'll do that this year!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh I love these sandwiches from leftover Christmas dinner! I even throw coleslaw on mine :lol: Haven't tried it on a hamburger bun though, I'll do that this year!

It's so much better on a hamburger bun. Never tried it with coleslaw though. I'll have to experiment in November. 

Look, England invented the fuckin' lingo alright?  What we say goes.  You don't see us popping over to Italy and tryna straighten the leaning tower of pisa do ya?  Honestly, the fuckin' cheek! :lol:  It's not football it's soccer, it's not tomato, its tomaytoe, its not aluminium, it's aloo-min-um, fuck off :lol:  Fuckin' foreign bastards! *avoids a mirror* :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Look, England invented the fuckin' lingo alright?  What we say goes.  You don't see us popping over to Italy and tryna straighten the leaning tower of pisa do ya?  Honestly, the fuckin' cheek! :lol:  It's not football it's soccer, it's not tomato, its tomaytoe, its not aluminium, it's aloo-min-um, fuck off :lol:  Fuckin' foreign bastards! *avoids a mirror* :lol:

Its the English who say Aloo-min-ium, not us! And it is the silliest and most mispronounced word in english.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh shush and eat ya poontang! :lol:

haha!  sure hope Whiskey saw/ recalls that portion of the thread!!!!  :lol:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Its the English who say Aloo-min-ium, not us! And it is the silliest and most mispronounced word in english.  :lol:

As surprising as it is to hear this from me, leave the English alone! It's the fucking US who say "Aloo-min-um". :P

• Like 1