What's the best Eminem song?

wasted

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I haven't heard Recovery or Refill. 

A lot of people apparently love Recovery. Personally I don't care for it. I hate the production. But you like Monster so you'd probably like it, it's filled with stuff like that.

Refill had a couple of album worthy songs. Buffalo Bill is good. There's one with Dre that's good.

Eminem is lyrically at his best when he's on a track with someone else and he's thinkin' 'shit, this boys good, i need to bring my A game'.  For all the talk of art, MCing is also a sport, it's about competitveness and being better, watch him on fuckin'...that track with X, i can't remember the fuckin' name but the chorus goes 'you don't know me and i don't kn...thats it, Don't Approach Me!  Check him out on that, check him out when up against Royce, check him out with Proof, or on Renegade with Jay.

58 minutes ago, J Dog said:

A lot of people apparently love Recovery. Personally I don't care for it. I hate the production. But you like Monster so you'd probably like it, it's filled with stuff like that.

Refill had a couple of album worthy songs. Buffalo Bill is good. There's one with Dre that's good.

I didn't like Beautiful Lie or that one with the Maroon 5 guy. I feel like Monster is a straight Em song but he got Rhianna on the chorus like he did on We Made You. They are a bit pop but I like how you can get everything in one song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Eminem is lyrically at his best when he's on a track with someone else and he's thinkin' 'shit, this boys good, i need to bring my A game'.  For all the talk of art, MCing is also a sport, it's about competitveness and being better, watch him on fuckin'...that track with X, i can't remember the fuckin' name but the chorus goes 'you don't know me and i don't kn...thats it, Don't Approach Me!  Check him out on that, check him out when up against Royce, check him out with Proof, or on Renegade with Jay.

Don't Approach me with XZ is hard. That whole Restless album is good.

Bad Meets Evil 2 with Royce is a solid album.

Renegade...I'm not sure I've  ever heard a big time, supposedly one of the best ever, get so outshined on a song. Em owned that shit.

2 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Don't Approach me with XZ is hard. That whole Restless album is good.

Bad Meets Evil 2 with Royce is a solid album.

Renegade...I'm not sure I've  ever heard a big time, supposedly one of the best ever, get so outshined on a song. Em owned that shit.

'supposedly', that ol' inter-J hate comin' out :lol: 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

More a collection of freestyles but it's fuckin' amazing

You know at first I didn't give Royce his due respect. But now I have to say, he's one of the few rappers I've heard that can actually hang with Em. Not saying he's better or on Em's level, but he's top notch. You know how it is in the rap game, Royce ain't scared. It takes a certain amount of balls and confidence to constantly go back and forth with an mc like Em and not be worried about looking bad or getting left behind. Bad Meets Evil 2, he's right there with Em every step of the way.

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You know at first I didn't give Royce his due respect. But now I have to say, he's one of the few rappers I've heard that can actually hang with Em. Not saying he's better or on Em's level, but he's top notch. You know how it is in the rap game, Royce ain't scared. It takes a certain amount of balls and confidence to constantly go back and forth with an mc like Em and not be worried about looking bad or getting left behind. Bad Meets Evil 2, he's right there with Em every step of the way.

I could make an argument that he out-does Em' in the above youtube thing.

i don't like whats eminem's best song as the title. everyone has a "best" em song that they think is best for them. and mine change from time to time. "cleanin' out my closet" is my current best Eminem song. "lose yourself" was another that was at one time my best em song. "beautiful" was one the best song for me as was "without me". some may agree some may thinks these are crap but everyone has different tastes :shrugs:

48 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I could make an argument that he out-does Em' in the above youtube thing.

Wouldn't be a bad argument, he's goes off hard on that freestyle the whole time. I'm sure the answer is yes but I'll ask anyway, you ever listen to Death is Certain?

22 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Wouldn't be a bad argument, he's goes off hard on that freestyle the whole time. I'm sure the answer is yes but I'll ask anyway, you ever listen to Death is Certain?

I haven't actually, no.  I was kinda disappointed with his debut as an album, though the rhyming was sick as it always is with Royce.  

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I haven't actually, no.  I was kinda disappointed with his debut as an album, though the rhyming was sick as it always is with Royce.  

Death is Certain is much better.

On 5/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, Lies They Tell said:

I never really understood that kind of thinking. I never judge art based on who the creator is. I don't give a rats ass about how much Eminem has suffered in his life. Art is art and it's a completely separate thing from the artist. If Hitler had composed Für Elise, it would still be just as good of a composition. If Justin Bieber had written California Love, it would still be just as good of a song. I judge a song based on it's own merits. Who ever wrote it and what he has gone through in his life has nothing to do with it. But that's just me. Each to their own.

All I know is that in general survivor songs are much more interesting than all those songs about banging bitches or whatever. And I don't really care how much the artist has actually suffered, as long as it sounds genuine to me. But of course it's always a shame if some artist starts to repeat himself too much. So in that sense I agree and hope Eminem comes up with some new stuff to rap about.

reluctantly i agree with you. for example i think Kanye is the scum of the earth but i like Golddigger.