Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

So hypothetically if it's a AFD5 show, do you guys think it will be next week or after this next tour leg? Because if it's next week and a one time thing out of the blue that's pretty shitty for all the fans who will once again miss out like they did at the Troubadour.

If it's after the next tour leg, wont that hurt their ticket sales? I would think most fans will want to hold out for the AFD5 show and skip all these upcoming shows with Fortus & Frank...

I don't care if I don't get to see it in person, an AFD 5 show needs to happen.  Was it "shitty" that only a handful of lucky people got in to the Troubadour?  I didn't see it that way.  They were lucky.  There's no way to make something special and a surprise and also "fair."  I'd rather that it happens at all instead of the attitude of "Well, we ALL don't get to go so fuck it."

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Okay, didnt know that. But in in my experience, radio stations aren't the ones who announce the big stuff. But i pray i am wrong.

I think they will just read a statement from the band or form Live Nation

...Or Melissa will be doing an interview about her new rock icon status :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Padme

27 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

There's no way to make something special and a surprise and also "fair."

They could easily announce a big AFD5 show a week in advance and sell it out. It would still be a surprise and would still be special. Sure not everyone will be able to attend but at least they would have a chance to go instead of random people that probably couldn't pick Izzy or Steven out of a lineup if their lives depended on it.

• Like 1

I don't see how that's any more fair than the Troubadour show.

Yes, it sucks that people were there that didn't "deserve it" but that's life.  Unless Team Brazil comes here and gives us all a quiz to see who the biggest mega fan is, and lets the top scorers in based on the results, there's always gonna be people at shows that aren't as big fans as people who didn't get in. 

I think we have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. The worst could be as I said some irrelevant interview with Melissa, a remaster AFD edition, or a new DVD from some previous shows

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I don't care if I don't get to see it in person, an AFD 5 show needs to happen.  Was it "shitty" that only a handful of lucky people got in to the Troubadour?  I didn't see it that way.  They were lucky.  There's no way to make something special and a surprise and also "fair."  I'd rather that it happens at all instead of the attitude of "Well, we ALL don't get to go so fuck it."

Yes. It was shitty. Especially since none of the footage has been made available for all the people to see, who didn't get to the show.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think we have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. The worst could be as I said some irrelevant interview with Melissa, a remaster AFD edition, or a new DVD from some previous shows

I'm not expecting anything as big as a dvd release from a NITL show. I would actually be very happy with that :P

• Like 1

It's highly likely a show announcement.

Question is, why weren't the LA show(s) announced together with the bulk of NA-dates earlier? A couple possibilities:

- No particular reason, just negotiations made it that way.
- This is the AFD anniversary show(s) which could be club shows or the original lineup, or both.

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm not expecting anything as big as a dvd release from a NITL show. I would actually be very happy with that :P

Most people either want a new album or the AFD 5 reunion

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I don't see how that's any more fair than the Troubadour show.

Yes, it sucks that people were there that didn't "deserve it" but that's life.  Unless Team Brazil comes here and gives us all a quiz to see who the biggest mega fan is, and lets the top scorers in based on the results, there's always gonna be people at shows that aren't as big fans as people who didn't get in. 

The coolest thing they could do outside of the AFD5 reunion but would be the riskiest would be to announce a LA show that will stream live on MTV (or any other channel I would hate to interrupt Teen Mom's time slot) 

it would be crazy to do in the middle of a tour but the excitement of seeing Guns N Roses on tv would be great for all fans. The risk is of course Axl, he'd have to bring it 

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The coolest thing they could do outside of the AFD5 reunion but would be the riskiest would be to announce a LA show that will stream live on MTV (or any other channel I would hate to interrupt Teen Mom's time slot) 

it would be crazy to do in the middle of a tour but the excitement of seeing Guns N Roses on tv would be great for all fans. The risk is of course Axl, he'd have to bring it 

Or better yet do something with HBO. AFD5 reunion with the HBO crew would be amazing and nobody would be left out.

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Maybe Fernando drinking a beer at Live Nation earlier this week means they've sealed the deal and they'll be announcing a special LA show now.

Would they announce anything 'huge' on a radio station though? Or anything we'd consider huge anyway? I don't seem to recall them having done so before? I may be wrong, just asking.

Well as we have seen, with this band you never know! anything is possible. Things are not what I would call predictable with Gun N' Roses as they never do things the way normal bands do things so you can expect the least likely things. Always a weird band this band was :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. It was shitty. Especially since none of the footage has been made available for all the people to see, who didn't get to the show.

Do you really want to see that ?

Maybe if it was released with Axl's mic turned off ...