Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

It'll be a surprise show or shows in L.A. to coincide with the 30th Anniversary of Appetite. No indication of who may or may not show up will be given and will only be revealed once the show or shows have taken place. So it could be anything from the current line-up playing a regular show, to them playing Appetite in its entirety or to Steven and/or Izzy making an appearance. We won't know until it happens. But my guess is something of that nature.

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

But why would they announce more dates on radio? Unless there is something extremely special about the new dates. We've seen they post the tour dates in their official website.

Just because LA is such a major market is my guess.

anything shy of guns n roses reuniting for the first time since steven and then izzy left would be disappointing.  if the five members of guns n roses are on stage alone that will be powerful and truly a remarkable reunion, but if guns n' roses is forced to play with any of axl's employees or any of the touring employees who play behind axl, slash & duff that would be terrible, lame, and a real fuck you to what the band was and how the band will be remembered in history.

the other scary and unacceptable bullshit would be if guns n' roses played axl's solo material from CD.  while axl and team yes will no doubt continue to push to legitimize CD and axl's solo years… these should not be the shows to do so.  imho.    

Edited by Sunset Gardner

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just because LA is such a major market is my guess.

Last year there were two shows in L.A. and those shows were announced on their official site just like all the others. Why now things are different than last year? I don't rule out the possibility. But it would odd if they announce a show in L.A. in a radio. Unless a band memeber is there as well to do an interview

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

Last year there were two shows in L.A. and those shows were announced on their official site just like all the others. Why now things are different than last year? I don't rule out the possibility. But it would odd if they announce a show in L.A. in a radio. Unless a band memeber is there as well to do an interview

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong on this. I'm just going by the last 20 years or so as reference :lol:

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think we all teared up when Steven came out that night.

tenor.gif

ha… yeah… very special moment.  i loved how slash and duff engaged him before he left the stage, and i loved how he played so fucking well.  he was perfect, shutting up anyone who may have doubted who the drummer of this band is.  

• Like 2

Just now, janrichmond said:

i think it will be the new single. Seriously, that's my guess.

see… you say things like this… and then i get excited.  i hope you're right.  it would make sense, there's seems to be a great energy amongst the three band members and their backing band, it would be amazing to see that channeled into something new.  if you're right… i hope it's not some 2001 axl employee demo that slash slapped a solo on.  i hope they got in a room face to face and wrote something new. 

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

i think it will be the new single. Seriously, that's my guess.

I hope so, that would be awesome especially as an album would likely follow at some point.

Not going to hold my breath though :lol:

• Like 1

I'm sure it'll just be LA dates in September, with maybe the addition of a special show for the 30th of Appetite in July or something.

A single announcement wouldn't come through a local radio station. It would be announced through the band's official outlets or a bigger press outlet like billboard or rolling stone.

Either way, any GN'RxLA news is cool by me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Could this announcement be related to unreleased material? Something from the vault available for the first time to commemorate their 30th?

Personally I think there's only a 5-10% chance of that.

New music will be announced by themselves I think.

8 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Never in a million years will news about first new music by slash, duff and axl since 91 be spilled by some local radio station. When that happens, it will happen big. And gnr themselves will be taking care of that

I gave it a 5-10% chance..

The only possibility of that happening that I can see is them releasing something next week, and will release the track to radio stations next week. No way a radio station will announce the release of something, be it a single or album.

Anyways, the remaining 95% of my conviction believes there will be a show announcement.