Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

5 hours ago, Padme said:

If the "huge" announcement, as the radio put it, ends up being a mere show L.A. And it was previously announce by the band in their official website. Why would anyone bother to listen to that radio? What's the point to listen to the same lame ass announcement twice?

You're missing the point for the radio station.   In the US a lot of people don't get all their info from a bands social media.  Sure, we all do, but casuals....not so much.

so the radio station promotes an announcement for a fairly big band to get its listeners to tune in.  More ears, higher ratings, bigger revenue from ads.

A lot of people listening won't or don't necessarily follow GnR on Twitter or Facebook or obsessively reload their website all day long everyday like we do....so the radio announcement is a good way to get information out to less obsessed, more casual fans.

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Possibly true but a tad disappointing if you were hoping for Izzy!

If you're hoping for an announcement on a local hack radio station to be the way Izzys return would be announced, well then I have some great swamp land in Florida for you at a great, great price.

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You're missing the point for the radio station.   In the US a lot of people don't get all their info from a bands social media.  Sure, we all do, but casuals....not so much.

so the radio station promotes an announcement for a fairly big band to get its listeners to tune in.  More ears, higher ratings, bigger revenue from ads.

A lot of people listening won't or don't necessarily follow GnR on Twitter or Facebook or obsessively reload their website all day long everyday like we do....so the radio announcement is a good way to get information out to less obsessed, more casual fans.

True, but the radio said next week, nobody is listening to them now. Still next week is not specific. I don't think millions of people around the world will be listening that radio 24/7 next week because of the announcement. At least in my case I won't

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

True, but the radio said next week, nobody is listening to them now. Still next week is not specific. I don't think millions of people around the world will be listening that radio 24/7 next week because of the announcement. At least in my case I won't

Ugh.....right, that isn't the point of them teasing the announcement now either.  They aren't trying to get people to listen all day everyday....

Its like a commercial, they tease the announcement several times a day every day until then, so that when they make the announcement, a lot more people than usual are listening.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

How many people actually listen to the radio anymore though? With pandora, apple music and spotify I doubt this random radio station is going to get many listeners that are interested in the announcement.

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

How many people actually listen to the radio anymore though? With pandora, apple music and spotify I doubt this random radio station is going to get many listeners that are interested in the announcement.

Yah you've got a good point, but there's word of mouth too....which is exactly what is happening in this forum.

If we don't know what this is before it happens we all are gonna tune in online aren't we :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Ugh.....right, that isn't the point of them teasing the announcement now either.  They aren't trying to get people to listen all day everyday....

Its like a commercial, they tease the announcement several times a day every day until then, so that when they make the announcement, a lot more people than usual are listening.

Sure but the announcement itself it's going to last about two minutes or less. So that radio will have two minutes of fame. And for that to happen at some point they will need to announce an specific day and time. 

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sure but the announcement itself it's going to last about two minutes or less. So that radio will have two minutes of fame. And for that to happen at some point they will need to announce an specific day and time. 

Tsind is 100% correct. 

Every GnR forum is talking about this radio station right now. A week ago? Nobody on any GnR forum even knew who they were. 

Other music websites are talking about the radio station and their GnR announcement. A week ago - nobody was. 

Their plan has been a 100% success. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Lots of people. I don't listen to any of the three online applications that you mentioned. We listen to the radio whenever we drive. 

But think about what you are saying. And see how silly this conversation would be. 

"Hello. KLOS 95.5, thanks for calling. 

"Hi. This is Fernando Lebias, manager of Guns N' Roses. We'd like to offer you the opportunity for an exclusive announcement concerning GnR's next move."

"Thanks, but no thanks. We don't have the same audience size we did a decade ago. You should contact Spotify instead."

Fernando hangs up the phone and calls somebody else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Manage your expectations. This "huge" announcement is just going to be about a show, not new music or a afd 5 reunion. Ha, "Manage your expectations", that'd be a good title for the next album.

Manage Your Expectations Of The Red Panda's Chinese Democracy II

11 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lots of people. I don't listen to any of the three online applications that you mentioned. We listen to the radio whenever we drive. 

But think about what you are saying. And see how silly this conversation would be. 

"Hello. KLOS 95.5, thanks for calling. 

"Hi. This is Fernando Lebias, manager of Guns N' Roses. We'd like to offer you the opportunity for an exclusive announcement concerning GnR's next move."

"Thanks, but no thanks. We don't have the same audience size we did a decade ago. You should contact Spotify instead."

Fernando hangs up the phone and calls somebody else. 

Nobody is doubting why the radio station would want the exclusive announcement. Radio airplay is dying. They need all the help they can get. GNR could do better was my point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm from Greece and I specifically listen to KLOS....and I know many who actually listen to the radio :)

P.S. Everyday 

Edited by Get In the Ring Motherfker
  • Like 2

I'm not too surprised KLOS would get an exclusive.  While radio is a dying medium, KLOS is a really big station out here and tends to get information first.

I personally don't think it'll be a full 5 reunion, but it would be cool for a string of shows playing AFD in full.

Am I right in saying Jonesy jukebox is broadcast on Klos 95.5? If so I would assume this is an exclusive interview, Axl, Slash and Duff or maybe just Axl. 

I doubt very much this is anything to do with AFD 30 the only way to celebrate this properly IMO is a full reunion and I believe anything else would be a bit of a let down, there's nothing remarkable about seeing AFD played out in full by the current line up. They all seem loyal to the current line up, I can't see them doing some one offs, look at the reasoning behind RRHOF. As much as I would love my thoughts on this to be wrong, I just don't see it.

A release of a single, it would make sense before the upcoming tour, has the band had history with this radio station before, like exclusive first play?

I'm having problems with the Fernando Live nation tweet, can't help but wonder how it fits in or if they are connected. It suggests more dates, but announcement on the radio, not sure how this would be big news as most people are assuming LA dates would be released anyway.

The one thing I am constantly reminded of by this band above all others I follow, as harsh as it sounds, somehow they never do quite reach my expectation, so to get excited by thoughts of singles,  albums and APF 30 with Izzy and Steven, just seems to be setting the bar a little high, I have slowly learnt over the years they do things thier own way, not necessarily bad, just exasperating for me as a fan.

Interview would be cool though. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Am I right in saying Jonesy jukebox is broadcast on Klos 95.5? If so I would assume this is an exclusive interview, Axl, Slash and Duff or maybe just Axl. 

Yeah, Jonesy's Jukebox is KLOS.  I think during the afternoon?

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

Interview would be cool though. 

I would be ok with that if it's an actual interview but if it's more fluff (I.E.; coffee and seattle traffic talk), why bother? Since the Fernando/beer pic happened the day before I think this will probably be additional tour dates being announced. Maybe a few more shows on the west cost of the US? Or hopefully more Europe shows since you guys are the ones being deprived all the time.

But on the other hand, I still think Izzy's silence speaks volumes. Something's up with that guy. I think he's bound to show up for at least guest spots in the next coming leg or will be a part of the newly announced shows.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Tsind is 100% correct. 

Every GnR forum is talking about this radio station right now. A week ago? Nobody on any GnR forum even knew who they were. 

Other music websites are talking about the radio station and their GnR announcement. A week ago - nobody was. 

Their plan has been a 100% success. 

I know who they are. And everyone in L.A. knows who they are. Last year they were broadcasting from Dodger Stadium when GN'R performed there. They were playing  pretty much all the GN'R songs. The thing is how ridiculous this is. GN'R could make this announcement right now. Instead they keep us wating and guessing because they asked a radio station to make that announcement next week. I couldn't care less about marketing and publicity this announcement means for the radio.

26 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

But on the other hand, I still think Izzy's silence speaks volumes. Something's up with that guy. I think he's bound to show up for at least guest spots in the next coming leg or will be a part of the newly announced shows.

his silence hopefully means something.  maybe izzy held out the first leg, his three band mates realized how bad they looked short changing the heart and soul of gnr and now they've met him half way and he feels comfortable participating.  I don't think it'll be every show... just the afd show or shows and then select countries/dates.  

it's all speculation but whatever it is... if it doesn't involve izzy and Steven I'll be disapponted (unless it's new music or an album with richard).  

• Like 1

In my opinion, we wont have an AFD5 reunion. Much less in a tour break. Imagine having Steven and Izzy back, and two weeks later having Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus and Melissa Reese... it doesnt make any sense IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Padme said:

If the "huge" announcement, as the radio put it, ends up being a mere show L.A. And it was previously announce by the band in their official website. Why would anyone bother to listen to that radio? What's the point to listen to the same lame ass announcement twice?

The radio isn't targeting the Guns N' Roses fans that sit on message boards and salivate over any new update from GN'R. They are targeting people driving to work and the casual listeners. So to those people "A RETURN TO LOS ANGELES" is a huge Guns N' Roses announcement.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

In my opinion, we wont have an AFD5 reunion. Much less in a tour break. Imagine having Steven and Izzy back, and two weeks later having Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus and Melissa Reese... it doesnt make any sense IMO.

This. It's just not happening, Axl is very happy with this current lineup and doesn't feel need to change it. AFD5 is not happening.

• Like 3