Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Manchester UK

BlueJean Baby

Ok, I'd appreciate less arguing in this thread please. 22 kids didn't go home to their parents that night, perhaps move to the politics thread if you want to get a bit salty?

EDIT: I've cleaned this thread up a bit. I stand by my request above. We don't tolerate personal insults. 

• Like 1

Well... remember the time Bush junior opened Guantanamo, and there he placed that people from various lists.

Lot of human rights folk protested because everybody is innocence before proven guilty... now lot of people want to inprison persons based not on proof, but on lists...

We are fucked, we live in fucked world and can only hope that tomorrow is not our turn...

There definitely is a problem with Islam though : that it can't be reformed as other religions were, before they could rightfully be called "religions of peace", because there are various currents of Islam and since the Quran is supposed to be the "actual word of God", it can't be modified, only interpreted.

Don't think there is a problem with an entire branch of Islam ( and not only with a few radical nutbags ) ? Tell that to shiite muslims who have been enduring this kind of violence for centuries...

For every westerner that gets killed, two hundred more shiite muslims get the same treatment.

There IS a problem with Islam and our only hope is that followers of the biggest branch of Islam, Sunni muslims wake the fuck up and get tired of the bullshit that is done in their name and find a way to reform it.

Wester leaders are more concerned with the feelings of sunni muslims ( who should open their eyes to what is done in their name ) than with the bodies of innocent citizens / kids dying in the name of a bullshit cult and because of their cowardice.

• Like 2

i don't think the root of the problem lies with a group of people, not even with individuals.

we are all born naked and equal, and then the indoctrination begins.

where does the problem stem from, then, if not with people?

the book.

I have only a passing knowledge of the quran, but enough to know i can fill at least 5 A4 pages filled with death threats against infidels and various means to kill unbelievers, one worse from the other. it gets difficult interpreting verses like that. every IS terrorist attack, every casualty, originated from those pages. had those pages not existed, so wouldnt these atrocities. Hell, i might be drinking some cheap wine with a suicide bomber this very moment, had he not been influenced by these vile pages.

it's easy to diabolise people, even groups of people, but it's all so shallow, so dumb.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

There definitely is a problem with Islam though : that it can't be reformed as other religions were, before they could rightfully be called "religions of peace", because there are various currents of Islam and since the Quran is supposed to be the "actual word of God", it can't be modified, only interpreted.

Don't think there is a problem with an entire branch of Islam ( and not only with a few radical nutbags ) ? Tell that to shiite muslims who have been enduring this kind of violence for centuries...

For every westerner that gets killed, two hundred more shiite muslims get the same treatment.

There IS a problem with Islam and our only hope is that followers of the biggest branch of Islam, Sunni muslims wake the fuck up and get tired of the bullshit that is done in their name and find a way to reform it.

Wester leaders are more concerned with the feelings of sunni muslims ( who should open their eyes to what is done in their name ) than with the bodies of innocent citizens / kids dying in the name of a bullshit cult and because of their cowardice.

I haven't paid that much attention to it all over the years  but now it's time to....

Islam needs to progress....just like Christianity, the Catholic Church and every other major religion of the world has.  It's time Islam separated themselves from these radicals and they need to make it known.

It does look massive. No words, really. 

Did anyone here get a bee tattoo? 

Just read about this: 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/27/man-shouting-anti-muslim-slurs-fatally-stabs-two-men-in-us

I suppose we can expect more of those too.

Edited by king2vo
adding link

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

There's been another incident tonight on London Bridge :(.

What? How terrible. I hope no one was hurt or killed. When will this stop?

Ariana is giving a free concert tonight with other pop musicians for the victims and their families. That is so sweet of her, but I bet there will be so much security it will cost tons of money to pay all the police too.

I still give her credit for going back and helping out.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What? How terrible. I hope no one was hurt or killed. When will this stop?

Ariana is giving a free concert tonight with other pop musicians for the victims and their families. That is so sweet of her, but I bet there will be so much security it will cost tons of money to pay all the police too.

I still give her credit for going back and helping out.

Considering the artists are covering the costs of the entire show and their own fees... I'm sure quite a bit is being saved.

Edited by toroymoi

On 26/05/2017 at 10:41 PM, king2vo said:

UKIP turned her down? They have standards?

I don't think you can get LBC oop north, but I tried it once when a friend was on it. Don't think I could stand to have it playing all the time.