New Steven interview: "I'd like to play more songs with GNR"

Just now, EvanG said:

There you go... guessing again. Making another assumption. You're good at that, aren't you?

I don't care about anything you just typed because it has nothing to do with these two interviews that I've been talking about. You're like that MADDOGJONES guy who always throws in comments completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Well it's one of two things. The guy showed up to a show he wasn't supposed to play on assuming they'd just let him play anyway, or he's not reliable enough to keep track of what 1 show out of 2 he was playing on. Just pick whichever one makes him look better I guess.

Just now, Modano09 said:

Well it's one of two things. The guy showed up to a show he wasn't supposed to play on assuming they'd just let him play anyway, or he's not reliable enough to keep track of what 1 show out of 2 he was playing on. Just pick whichever one makes him look better I guess.

I don't care about that. Maybe you are right about everything you've said about Steven. I DON'T CARE.

The only thing I called you out on is your criticism on those two interviews he did, which was completely incorrect and I've been trying to explain that to you for about 10 posts now, but you will never get it, so I don't know why I'm still here talking to someone who is probably 12 years old. Oh, look at me, I made a dumb assumption just like you've been doing in this thread... *giggles* 

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't care about that. Maybe you are right about everything you've said about Steven. I DON'T CARE.

The only thing I called you out on is your criticism on those two interviews he did, which was completely incorrect and I've been trying to explain that to you for about 10 posts now, but you will never get it, so I don't know why I'm still here talking to someone who is probably 12 years old. Oh, look at me, I made a dumb assumption just like you've been doing in this thread... *giggles* 

How is it a dumb assumption? I've heard the same attitude in one way or another from the guy for 20 years and there are a couple of times it comes out in that interview. The guy just can't speak without intentionally or unintentionally acting like the victim and it's in that interview. He makes sure you know it was only one song each night, he makes sure you know he traveled all that way to only do one song a night, he makes sure you know he's standing at the side of the stage dying to play his songs, even saying "I don't get it", like there's some mysterious nefarious reason behind it.  

"I went to beautiful Argentina, which I love dearly and I got to play with them....but I only got to play one song. Two nights, one song each."

"Why don't you fucking let me play? I'm right here! Let me play the songs!" 

"Flying 15,000 miles for just one song each night!"

Edited by Modano09

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

How is it a dumb assumption? I've heard the same attitude in one way or another from the guy for 20 years and there are a couple of times it comes out in that interview. The guy just can't speak without intentionally or unintentionally acting like the victim and it's in that interview. He makes sure you know it was only one song each night, he makes sure you know he traveled all that way to only do one song a night, he makes sure you know he's standing at the side of the stage dying to play his songs, even saying "I don't get it", like there's some mysterious nefarious reason behind it.  

"I went to beautiful Argentina, which I love dearly and I got to play with them....but I only got to play one song. Two nights, one song each."

You've made several ignorant assumptions in this thread. Read back.

I just don't understand why you're so hung up on him expressing his opinion in interviews when he is being asked about it. Especially because he's being so positive and has nothing but nice things to say about everyone. There's nothing wrong in expressing that he wished he could play more. I find it weird that you have a problem with that.

Also, you keep repeating yourself. I feel like we're running in circles here so let's end this bullshit.

Let's leave it at:

You think he's complaining and playing the victim because you're a very negative person and you can't forget the past.

And I think he's merely being honest, which is refreshing in the GnR camp, and that he is not playing the victim (this time). I've given enough examples in the previous posts why I think that way. I'm not going to repeat it all yet again.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

You've made several ignorant assumptions in this thread. Read back.

I just don't understand why you're so hung up on him expressing his opinion in interviews when he is being asked about it. Especially because he's being so positive and has nothing but nice things to say about everyone. There's nothing wrong in expressing that he wished he could play more. I find it weird that you have a problem with that.

Also, you keep repeating yourself. I feel like we're running in circles here so let's end this bullshit.

Let's leave it at:

You think he's complaining and playing the victim because you're a very negative person and you can't forget the past.

And I think he's merely being honest, which is refreshing in the GnR camp, and that he is not playing the victim (this time). I've given enough examples in the previous posts why I think that way. I'm not going to repeat it all yet again.

I think he's complaining and playing the victim because that's what he does, it has nothing to do with me. He's done it for 25 years and it's his go-to reaction to anyone daring to question him.  

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I think he's complaining and playing the victim because that's what he does, it has nothing to do with me. He's done it for 25 years and it's his go-to reaction to anyone daring to question him.  

Thank you, Freud. Now please take a minute to analyze yourself and see what you can come up with.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Thank you, Freud. Now please take a minute to analyze yourself and see what you can come up with.

You're the one who thinks they can figure a person out based on their opinion of Steven Adler. 

So let's stay on topic.

These quotes don't sound like a guy complaining to you, trying to imply they weren't fair to him?

Edited by Modano09

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

You're the one who thinks they can figure a person out based on their opinion of Steven Adler. 

So let's stay on topic.

These quotes don't sound like a guy complaining to you, trying to imply they weren't fair to him?

Can you actually blame Steven for feeling this way? It's a HUGE kick in the balls to Steven and the fan base to have an original member sitting on the sidelines (ESPECIALLY while physically at the show), and instead, we get a generic and boring 2nd rate drummer in that original member's place. 

Edited by todreamofwolves

11 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Can you actually blame Steven for feeling this way? It's a HUGE kick in the balls to Steven and the fan base to have an original member sitting on the sidelines (ESPECIALLY while physically at the show), and instead, we get a generic and boring 2nd rate drummer in that original member's place. 

I get why it sucks for him. I get there are some fans that would prefer he be there. But reality is the guy is a wild card and nobody's going to put their comeback/money/career in his hands and it's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect them to because it's what you want.

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Modano09 said:

So let's stay on topic.

I'm the one who thinks they can figure a person out based on their opinion? What the fuck are you even talking about? You make no sense whatsoever.

You've been analyzing and judging him constantly throughout this thread because you've been reading all his interviews since he was kicked out of the band. Well, good for you. I think you're an idiot.

And no, those quotes don't sound like complaining to me, especially not in the original context, which you obviously left out. 

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm the one who thinks they can figure a person out based on their opinion? What the fuck are you even talking about? You make no sense whatsoever.

You've been analyzing and judging him constantly throughout this thread because you've been reading all his interviews since he was kicked out of the band. Well, good for you. I think you're an idiot.

And no, those quotes don't sound like complaining to me, especially not in the original context, which you obviously left out. 

Yes, you think you have me figured out because of my opinion of Steven Adler. I'm "negative" and apparently an idiot because of my opinion of Steven Adler.

Even when the guy is trying to be positive and upbeat he can't help be get his little digs in. Why do you think he keeps stressing how he only played one song each night? But maybe playing the victim is just a reflex to him now. It's certainly his

go-to response for everything. 

14 hours ago, Modano09 said:

So let's stay on topic.

I'm not the biggest Adler fan but I have to agree with him. He could have played at least four or five songs each night.

17 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm not the biggest Adler fan but I have to agree with him. He could have played at least four or five songs each night.

Or they could have left him home and not invited him to play with his old band in his wife's home country in front of family and friends. And if he had of stuck to the original arrangement he would have played more during one show, instead

of just one song on both.

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Or they could have left him home and not invited him to play with his old band in his wife's home country in front of family and friends. And if he had of stuck to the original arrangement he would have played more during one show, instead

of just one song on both.

One song each night was better than nothing but still less than what could have been.

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

One song each night was better than nothing but still less than what could have been.

I think they know they have to manage expectations with the guy. He showed up on a night he wasn't supposed to be playing, so they let him play. And they had to turn his drum kit off to get him off the stage. 

I don't think it would have been the worst thing to let him play more on one of those shows but he does seem like if you give him the inch he begged for he'll start begging for a mile.

45 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I think they know they have to manage expectations with the guy. He showed up on a night he wasn't supposed to be playing, so they let him play. And they had to turn his drum kit off to get him off the stage. 

I don't think it would have been the worst thing to let him play more on one of those shows but he does seem like if you give him the inch he begged for he'll start begging for a mile.

oh my god.. stfu.. we get it.. Steven banged your Mom and you were jealous...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

DkgsXO.gif+

How long is this "debate" going to last?  

Who's going win?

Who gets most likes?

Did  Steven really bang Modano09:s mom?

And is he jealous about that?

Stay tuned and find out.

9fb56b00d7a03ba0abf69ee5310b7061.jpg

True,genius????

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Yes, you think you have me figured out because of my opinion of Steven Adler. I'm "negative" and apparently an idiot because of my opinion of Steven Adler.

Even when the guy is trying to be positive and upbeat he can't help be get his little digs in. Why do you think he keeps stressing how he only played one song each night? But maybe playing the victim is just a reflex to him now. It's certainly his

go-to response for everything. 

I don't think I have you figured out at all because I don't know you. Just like you don't know Steven Adler, no matter how many interviews you've read on him, yet you think you have him all figured out. Not smart. Not smart at all.

And now you're back to lying again. He hasn't been stressing at all about only playing one song each night. He mentioned that he would like to play more songs when they asked him about it, and for the 10th time now... there is nothing wrong with that. If he was playing the victim he would be using a completely different approach than this one where he is admitting that he fucked up and that it is his fault and that he finally found closure and is happy, which he says several times during that radio interview.

Edited by EvanG

37 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How long is this "debate" going to last?  

Who's going win?

Who gets most likes?

I think I'm up with most likes so far. How long is this going to last? Not sure, I'm not quitting until I get the last word or until a mod comes in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't think I have you figured out at all because I don't know you. Just like you don't know Steven Adler, no matter how many interviews you've read on him, yet you think you have him all figured out. Not smart. Not smart at all.

And now you're back to lying again. He hasn't been stressing at all about only playing one song each night. He mentioned that he would like to play more songs when they asked him about it, and for the 10th time now... there is nothing wrong with that. If he was playing the victim he would be using a completely different approach than this one where he is admitting that he fucked up and that it is his fault and that he finally found closure and is happy, which he says several times during that radio interview.

He stresses that he only played one song each night. He could have said he got to play both nights but he makes sure to stress, a couple of times, it was only 1 song each night. And paint the picture of poor Steven sitting at the side of the stage  desperately wanting to play his songs but they won't let him and he doesn't know why. He knows why. 

34 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He stresses that he only played one song each night. He could have said he got to play both nights but he makes sure to stress, a couple of times, it was only 1 song each night. And paint the picture of poor Steven sitting at the side of the stage  desperately wanting to play his songs but they won't let him and he doesn't know why. He knows why. 

I didn't see him paint that picture at all. I did see him paint a picture of being very happy his dream came true and that he has closure now, and that he is very thankful he got this experience after 26 years of waiting. You know how I got that picture? Because he said so in both the interviews several times. Doesn't sound like someone complaining and playing the victim in my opinion.