11/17/17 - Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena

gunsguy

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're correct, I just posted something similar. 

I was thinking "Lady, your husband never played that place. He played the place that's about 4 blocks east and less than 1/4 the size" :lol:

She sound bit resentful 😑

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

"I have not seeing a show since my husband played with them in that same Arena a few years ago....Only one song touched my heart by bringing me back many special memories and magical moments spent together with Dj when we first met.. “This I Love”. On those notes, I fell in love with the guy"

A couple of things to note: Your husband never played that arena with GN'R. Also, his version of the TIL solo is one of the worst things ever in the history of music. :lol:

His version of the TIL solo is 90% identical to Robin's studio version of the solo. By claiming so, you approve that the TIL solo by your beloved Robin is one of the worst things ever in the history of music. (which I disagree - whether it's played by Dj or Robin - which is the same thing)  Either you're deluded or you don't hear properly.

Anyways, I guess it's popular nowadays to climb onto the bandwagon and hate on something in particular... Dj in this case.

9 hours ago, scooby845 said:

His version of the TIL solo is 90% identical to Robin's studio version of the solo. By claiming so, you approve that the TIL solo by your beloved Robin is one of the worst things ever in the history of music. (which I disagree - whether it's played by Dj or Robin - which is the same thing)  Either you're deluded or you don't hear properly.

Anyways, I guess it's popular nowadays to climb onto the bandwagon and hate on something in particular... Dj in this case.

Bandwagon? Nowadays? Are you new here... People have not liked DJ right from the beginning and it only escalated with his time in the band.

Also, it's not the same thing if DJ plays the This I Love solo as to If Robin played it. No 1, Robin wrote it No 2, Robin could usually bend notes in tune, and play the correct rhythmic patterns within a solo. No 3, DJ  is a really, really average guitar player that has an incredible work ethic that has got him some high profile gigs producing and playing with popular stars... His association with Guns or anyone else does not make him a good guitar player, it does however show you that talent on your instrument is not the be and end all when it comes to landing a gig, and that enough drive and false belief can get you anywhere.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Pretty cool video. Kurt 19's post above Is spot on. Spend the money and check out at least one of the final shows of this tour, you may not get the chance again. The covers, extended jams and Chinese material actually went over very well and sounded great live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

So I'm back home and I must chime in about this one...It was one of the BEST fucking shows I've ever seen!  

With all my worries about the extra CD songs and too many covers and the length of the show, I had been nervous about this one since I was bringing my wife and another couple.

Wifey's review: " It was the fastest 3 1/2 hours of my life.  I LOVED IT! "

You just cannot deny the power of SLASH...holy shit he even makes the CD songs shine.  I'm surprised, bewildered and astounded.

That's the 5th time I've seen GnR live:  twice in 1989, Vegas #2, and Detroit Ford Field.  Something about Vegas, but this one was BY FAR my favorite!

Props to Fortus too.  That guy kept his shirt on and rocked his fucking ass off.  Damn.  Well done!  (And don't forget....I'm an Izzy-guy)

I bought PIT tickets on Duff's side through AXS Premium. $395 each.  WORTH EVERY PENNY.  Spent most of it in the center corner by the end of the ramp while Wifey was over in Stage Right corner by Fortus.  

Plenty of room to bop around and I truly appreciate that the Pits are not oversold.  We each got a Slash pic (!) and Fortus tossed his wristband to the Wifey.  A FUCKING BLAST!

If anyone is on the fence about these remaining arena shows...GO.

Happy for you and wife @KURT19i are out of likes ,but go🐋

• Like 1

Great review Kurt! I wish I could have been in Vegas last Friday night.

I'm fairly confident another round of North American arena dates scheduled for Spring of 2018 will be announced in December (in time for the holiday shopping season).

Guns have skipped many major cities during their short 6 week U.S. arena tour.

There's gold to be mined in cities like Dallas, Austin, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Biloxi, Memphis, Phoenix, and many more.

I don't think GNR will pay their support crew to sit around until the European tour begins.

All we need is a little patience...

• Like 1

On ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 2:25 AM, Tom2112 said:

Bandwagon? Nowadays? Are you new here... People have not liked DJ right from the beginning and it only escalated with his time in the band.

Also, it's not the same thing if DJ plays the This I Love solo as to If Robin played it. No 1, Robin wrote it No 2, Robin could usually bend notes in tune, and play the correct rhythmic patterns within a solo. No 3, DJ  is a really, really average guitar player that has an incredible work ethic that has got him some high profile gigs producing and playing with popular stars... His association with Guns or anyone else does not make him a good guitar player, it does however show you that talent on your instrument is not the be and end all when it comes to landing a gig, and that enough drive and false belief can get you anywhere.

DJ Ashba is nothing without a big band name behind him. GN'R, SIXX:AM, etc.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

DJ Ashba is nothing without a big band name behind him. GN'R, SIXX:AM, etc.

Well he's a pretty successful entrepreneur, but as far as music? I wouldn't have much interest in him at all. Although, to be fair he probably would be an interesting guy to talk to about the industry, because he approaches it completely from a business focussed perspective rather than the creative.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but comedian Tom Green was there, and pretty close to the stage too. He's been posting a few images and videos on his instagram account, one of which he said Axl is singing better than ever.

Yup...that is pretty cool! Hope it's ok I am adding to your post above! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 10:01 AM, KURT19 said:

So I'm back home and I must chime in about this one...It was one of the BEST fucking shows I've ever seen!  

With all my worries about the extra CD songs and too many covers and the length of the show, I had been nervous about this one since I was bringing my wife and another couple.

You just cannot deny the power of SLASH...holy shit he even makes the CD songs shine.  I'm surprised, bewildered and astounded.

That's the 5th time I've seen GnR live:  twice in 1989, Vegas #2, and Detroit Ford Field.  Something about Vegas, but this one was BY FAR my favorite!

Props to Fortus too.  That guy kept his shirt on and rocked his fucking ass off.  Damn.  Well done!  (And don't forget....I'm an Izzy-guy)

I bought PIT tickets on Duff's side through AXS Premium. $395 each.  WORTH EVERY PENNY.  Spent most of it in the center corner by the end of the ramp while Wifey was over in Stage Right corner by Fortus.  

Plenty of room to bop around and I truly appreciate that the Pits are not oversold.  We each got a Slash pic (!) and Fortus tossed his wristband to the Wifey.  A FUCKING BLAST!

I think I was next to you wife by the fence. I witnessed the wristband moment. I wore green corrective glasses that glow in the dark if it rings a bell. It was a great show indeed :headbang::lol: 

• GNFNR 1

On 11/21/2017 at 8:57 AM, KURT19 said:

The big guy in the top left of this picture is my buddy!

DO-IMaYVAAAGGiF.jpg

And the Wifey has both her arms up rocking out in the bottom right corner of this one!

DO70pyuV4AAT3z6.jpg

They LOVE me for buying those tickets!

Holy crap! And that’s me by the right corner next to your wife getting a video of PS. When GNR posted that photo on IG, I was looking for myself and hadn’t noticed until now. WOW!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 10:01 AM, KURT19 said: