5. 14 Years
  6. Estranged
  7. Dead Horse
  8. Hair Of The Dog
  9. Oh My God
  10. Chinese Democracy
  11. Better
  12. Street Of Dreams

Basically a Greatest Hits isn't a Best Of. 

Estranged and Nightrain don't belong to the Greatest Hits because they weren't hits at all. 

There's no way these two songs wouldn't be on a Best Of album, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Basically a Greatest Hits isn't a Best Of. 

Estranged and Nightrain don't belong to the Greatest Hits because they weren't hits at all. 

There's no way these two songs wouldn't be on a Best Of album, though.

They were singles nonetheless. Ain't It Fun or Since I Don't Have You weren't huge hits at all.

Edited by Silent Jay

Honestly, it's good that the label released it. They were probably in the hole already on CD and needed some income. 

Guns deserves a compilation of some sort like that and it would have never gotten done if left up to Axl & Slash (who weren't on speaking terms then). 

Also, and I know a lot of you will have a snarky comment about this, but they almost definitely would have never released CD if this hadn't come out and sold like hotcakes. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 10:08 PM, Silent Jay said:

They could easily do another Greatest Hits. Lot of singles that weren't picked:

1. It's So Easy
  2. Nightrain
  3. My Michelle
  4. Pretty Tied Up
  5. 14 Years
  6. Estranged
  7. Dead Horse
  8. Hair Of The Dog
  9. Oh My God
  10. Chinese Democracy
  11. Better
  12. Street Of Dreams

I'd buy that

(then probably complain about buying it later)

• Like 1

In this day and age, I'm surprised "greatest hits" records are even a thing, really. Can't people just compile their own based off most plays on Spotify or iTunes or something? I'm sure what's on this best of record is fairly similar to the songs on streaming media that have the most plays.

I don't care or want another "best of." This one's doing OK, still, right?

I'd rather have another LIVE ERA. Like a NITL blu-ray/cd combo similar to what they did with Appetite for Democracy. Or a live Troubadour release.

7 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

In this day and age, I'm surprised "greatest hits" records are even a thing, really. Can't people just compile their own based off most plays on Spotify or iTunes or something? I'm sure what's on this best of record is fairly similar to the songs on streaming media that have the most plays.

I'd rather have another LIVE ERA. Like a NITL blu-ray/cd combo similar to what they did with Appetite for Democracy. Or a live Troubadour release.

I think the Greatest Hits thing is popular with 'older' people who don't stream/download stuff. They also buy them for the radio hits, like the songs they know and not a full album. If you get what i'm trying to say:lol:

9 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Live Eras '85-'93, '01-'02, '06-07, '09-'14 and '16-'17 would be nice

It seems like casual rock fans still buy cds and greatest hits mostly. They stagger into the 24 hour garage and just pick it up while pay for gas and cigerettes, it seems like sound investment. Hits are always safe. New albums it's a long shot, what line up is it? Will the office think I'm not rad. You can always re-gift rock cds. 

Greatest Hits and Best Ofs are a good way to discover bands. You can buy the other albums if you like it or move  on and check out other groups.

Edited by Sosso