Shark Island feat. Axl Rose and Tracii Guns - Rock and Roll

It was really fun structuring the L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose songs for two guitars. We'd spend a lot more time making two really different guitar parts and two different guitar sounds. More than anything it was an incredible experience. That's when I really learned how to play with another guy. Izzy's so talented - not like a real master and he's definitely not a shredder - but he's just got a brilliant brain for music.“

http://thequietus.com/articles/04450-dr-rock-tracii-guns-interview-la-guns-nikki-sixx-poison-guns-n-roses

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I do. He said Axl should had given him credit for his moves. Axl is a true original. That guy is delusional if he thinks he shaped Axl's stage moves.

Marc Canter admitted that Axl stole the snake dance from Richard Black:

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

Marc Canter admitted that Axl stole the snake dance from Richard Black:

Canter didn't say that Axl stole it. I quoted his original comment, bolded the important parts and highlighted the most relevant statement to address your allegation:

First off that Video with Axl and Tracii was from April 26th 1986 and I shot it. The reason I was there is because I knew Axl was going to be going up on stage with them and I was filming everything Axl did because I knew it was important to have it. Since I was there I shot the whole show. I gave Axl a copy of it and thats why it ended up in Axl's apartment. Axl had plenty of moves before he had even heard of Shark Island. Axl liked Richard and thought the band was very professional because they used to play 200 gigs a year. The Snake move was something that Richard did do and Axl must have been a bit influenced by it and picked up on it and at some point worked it in with all his other moves. It doesn't mean that Axl ripped him off. Lots of Rock Stars get influenced by something they see and use it somehow. Mick Jagger got a lot of them from Tina Turner. Axl is very natural and is mostly one of a kind in everything he does but I'm sure some of what he does came from something he saw somewhere and just starting doing something like it because it felt right. Joe Perry took a lot from Jeff Beck, Slash took a lot from Joe Perry that's Rock N' Roll and there are kids out there that took something from Slash. No big deal.

Besides, the rest of Axl's moves are essentially nothing like Richard's, and even the snake dance differs between the two. Sure, Axl may have been inspired to use it, but it's not stealing. Shit, if you want to say that Axl stole parts of Richard's moves, then you must also say that Richard stole parts of Steven Tyler's moves... Everyone is inspired by someone or something else.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide