What made you smile today?

Eric Cantona

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Accidentally coming upon an area with iron age burial mounds. I knew they were supposed to be somewhere in that area, but I had never seen them before. I believe there will be archaeological digs there later this year. That makes me smile, too.

Where was this if you don't mind me asking?

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

got my new fridge today! now all i need is a new dishwasher...everytime i turn it on it makes this horrid noise. butyay for the fridge! :D 

I loved getting my new fridge, it's American style with 2 doors. Have you seen UK appliances? they are way smaller than US ones especially the washing machines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I loved getting my new fridge, it's American style with 2 doors. Have you seen UK appliances? they are way smaller than US ones especially the washing machines.

only on that House Hunters International show. one couple threw a fit cos the washer/dryer combo was in the kitchen! mine is not, i have a small laundry room with the washer separate from the dryer which makes it nice cos i shut the door in the summer when i dry clothes to keep it cooler. so you have a side by side...fridge on one side and freezer on the top? mine is fridge on the bottom and freezer on top which is about the only thing i am not crazy about :P

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

We super size everything in the US -- appliances and cars especially. All the men in the neighborhood secretly compete to have the largest BBQ grills and lawn mowers.  :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

We super size everything in the US -- appliances and cars especially. All the men in the neighborhood secretly compete to have the largest BBQ grills and lawn mowers.  :lol:

Your houses and gardens are a lot bigger too, and don't most Americans rent and not buy their homes?

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Your houses and gardens are a lot bigger too, and don't most Americans rent and not buy their homes?

It was always considered the American Dream for people to own their own homes.  The millennials now, however, seem to be happy to just live in their parents basement until they are 30. 

• Like 1

Harvesting calendula and chamomile flowers.  Each morning i gather some chamomile and start it drying and each evening I drink those I harvested two days earlier.  Its always a pleasure. Today it just really hit the spot.

21 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

It was always considered the American Dream for people to own their own homes.  The millennials now, however, seem to be happy to just live in their parents basement until they are 30. 

I thought the 88 in your name was the year of your birth?  If so; millennial is anyone born after 82!

2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I wish I was that young!  :lol: 1988 was the the year I bought AFD and became a fan.

Oh, I see.  Of course - 88' the year of GNR!

Im a millennial and live in my own place.  If the economy we've been handed keeps up, I might live in a hole in the ground or if Im lucky "in a van down by the river!"  :lol:  (Farley quote)

(also 88 is a silly thing used by neo nazis to indicate HH, as the 8th letter in alphabet, to refer to Hiel Hilter.  Your use is much more graceful and exciting!)

I know a person born on January 1 1982.  We both lament being lumped in with millennials, but they have it even worse than I do! :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wait a minute...'in' a van? By your very own river?...with a hole?! You sir, are an optimist.

P.S. @Fansince88 is a Nazi confirmed. :lol:

As a millennial, its my parents river of course!  Ill never go in the hole though as I couldn't get a signal down there

shoot, did it should like i was raising the possibility of Nazism?  Did not mean too.  Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the bus home and was gonna have to wait another 90 minutes for the next one, but I saw a rusty mountain bike outside a charity shop just over the road and it was only £5 so I bought it :headbang: Took me about 2 hours to cycle home as I was having so much fun and taking detours over the hills and round the lochs :)

• Like 4