Any other Horror Punk fans out there in the GNR community?

tim10101

Yeah Ghost is awesome lol but all those bands I mentioned are Horror Punk, tho lately Wednesday 13 is getting more metal than Punk. Definetly check the first few albums by all those bands you wont be disappointed :) 

Edited by tim10101

10 years ago, hell yeah! Actually went to a Wednesday 13 show back in 2007, he was among my favorite artists at the time. My interest in  W13 took a big hit after the Skeletons album. Transylvania 90210 and Fang Bang are still good records though. Never could get into any albums after skeletons, rarely tried to though. When Murderdolls reunited in 2010 I got pretty excited but once again it didn't live up to my expectations, debut album is still great though, actually sang some Murderdolls in the shower a couple of hours ago :lol:

FDQP13 I liked a dozen or so of songs IIRC, many are the originals to later re-worked W13/MD songs. Some classic songs like your mother sucks cocks in hell and Rambo I probably still know all the lyrics to. :D

Edit: just took a look on my last.fm account. According to it Wednesday 13 is still my 10th most played artist and Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls are my third most played album of all time with Fang Bang set at the 8th spot on that list. Yeah I listened A LOT to these two projects. 

Edited by CheapJon

Very cool yeah same kinda sentiments really haha got into 2002 Murderdolls then the re release then the Wed13 in 2004. I don't mind modern W13 bt yeah def not horror rock like it used to be :) Some new tracks are tho... And yes true bout FDQ trax becoming Murderdolls trax. Ill never forget hearin them doin Mr M.F n realising it was an old FDQ track hahah

Yeah that earlier Horror Punk era of AFI is something I really gota get into...Any recommendations> If u like Davey u gotta check the Son Of Sam album. Him singing with guys from Samhain playing on it, even Danzig playes guitar on some of it, great Misfits sound

On 2017-06-18 at 11:31 AM, tim10101 said:

Very cool yeah same kinda sentiments really haha got into 2002 Murderdolls then the re release then the Wed13 in 2004. I don't mind modern W13 bt yeah def not horror rock like it used to be :) Some new tracks are tho... And yes true bout FDQ trax becoming Murderdolls trax. Ill never forget hearin them doin Mr M.F n realising it was an old FDQ track hahah

Yeah, then there's Hooray for Horrorwood that became Dead in Hollywood and Galactic Chicken Shit became Slit my Wrist. And also I love to say fuck, 197666, ,kill miss america, twist my sister, let's go to war and die my bride. Might've forgot some. 

Actually, now that I'm going through the FDQ songs on Spotify I remember liking a lot more than "a dozer or so songs". Crazy going through these songs so many years after I listened regularly.

What are some of the better newer songs from W13?

Misfits was also a big early teens band for me. Never really got into any albums of them as I just downloaded whichever songs I thought had a cool name/what I could find I guess. From the Famous Monsters album I listened to Dust to Dust, Saturday Night, Helena, Hunting Humans, Scarecrow Man and Scream. Other songs from other albums: Die my Darling, Astro Zombies, Hatebreeder, we are 138, mommy can I go out and kill tonight, skulls, hybrid moments, some kinda hate, where eagles dare, bullet, attitude, last caress, american psycho, dig up her bones, Shining, this magic moment