For the two people who give a shit about Live Era

On 6/30/2017 at 11:19 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Source everything 1980s from the 1980s if you can. Those songs sounded so much better with Adler and Stradlin.

The main reason for not doing that was Paris 92 show (It's So Easy and SCOM) is the shit even tho I'm not a huge fan of that year for them, not only the story leading up to Jungle in St. Louis fantastic but Axl sounds like if you got near him he'd rip your fuckin' head off, and for Paradise City even if they didn't have the best shows overall in 93 Axl's voice was fantastic and is one of the few decent points on the Spaghetti album.

22 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

no, Live Era is perfect because i heard it  so many times.. more than Chinse Democracy, GN'R Lies or the Spaghetti Incedent.

It works perfect as a remix album and a closing chaptor for the Slash Era.

It has many highlights: Nightrain, WTTJ, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Rocket Queen, Estranged (!!!). For me it's nothin' wrong to re-record vocals or guitar parts

And would like to see a Not In This Lifetime Collection with re-records vocals. No Problem with that

Live Era's version of Jungle a highlight? Are we talking about the same disc? Also Rocket Queen is terrible I don't understand how people like that version so much there isn't a rhythm track for fuck sake, how can you have such a groovy song like RQ and not have the fucking rhythm guitar?!?!

On 7/1/2017 at 10:58 AM, DTV88 said:

I always assumed DTJ was omitted due to having been maliciously dedicated to Izzy after he left the band during the UYI tour. But yeah, it is one of the best songs live. Slash is a beast!

There were plenty of shows with Axl pissed off at other people other than Izzy ;)

On 6/30/2017 at 4:29 PM, Walapino said:

I always wondered why they didnt include Civil War and Live and Let Die on the album and to a lesser extend Double Talkin Jive, they were all such staples on that tour!

I'm assuming L&LD was omitted due to legal troubles and the fact that it was already on the single so there was no point bending over backwards for it.