Will we ever see an official Not In This Lifetime Blu Ray

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think that might happen actually, with some heavily doctored vocals and jiggery pokery. As with things with this band, it would probably be stuck in limbo for about three years before being released.

He didn't doctor the vocals on Appetite for democracy? ...he should have done so in a few places, but he didn't. Wouldn't be so sure he'd do it for an NILT dvd either.

Also, are we ever gonna get a Blu-ray... When was it promised? It wasn't, we're just nerdy enough to know that there are camera crews recording footage... That shouldn't mean it's an official release possibility. Bands record lots of footage and shelve it, GNR do this a LOT.

We should probably see something but hopefully when it does come out it'll be a compilation of shows so the performances are actually great, rather than one good/average show... To my ears they haven't played a single absolute knock out show yet. Some knock out performances of individual songs, but overall no full shows. Largely down to Axls voice (and sometimes  Slash) on this one, as the band are usually tight.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He didn't doctor the vocals on Appetite for democracy? ...he should have done so in a few places, but he didn't. Wouldn't be so sure he'd do it for an NILT dvd either.

Also, are we ever gonna get a Blu-ray... When was it promised? It wasn't, we're just nerdy enough to know that there are camera crews recording footage... That shouldn't mean it's an official release possibility. Bands record lots of footage and shelve it, GNR do this a LOT.

We should probably see something but hopefully when it does come out it'll be a compilation of shows so the performances are actually great, rather than one good/average show... To my ears they haven't played a single absolute knock out show yet. Some knock out performances of individual songs, but overall no full shows. Largely down to Axls voice (and sometimes  Slash) on this one, as the band are usually tight.

they doctored the vox on it, a bit of pitch correction and editing from playlists of other performances methinks, you can hear a few cuts every now and then

9 hours ago, GNRfanx6 said:

I am really hoping for a release of the detroit show. The rasp was real that night.

Only problem with Deroit is, is that his foot was still recovering so he didn't run around the stage. He was conscious of it and you can see him avoiding putting too much pressure on it. Axl running up and down the stage makes it way more exciting imo.

8 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

If they did happen to do a bluray, I wish they would have a choice of viewing the whole stage for the entire show and another choice of multicam. Switching the camera every 3 seconds is annoying to me.

Another thing that piss me off about some music dvd like tokyo 92 is the interviews inbetween the show. You having it cranking then the short interview comes on and you have to keep turning it up and down

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 3:02 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

and also a autobiography from Axl Rose. I want to hear Axl's story about his childhood all the way until now.

This is a great idea. He might actually put a stop to some full of crap biographers out there.

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Another thing that piss me off about some music dvd like tokyo 92 is the interviews inbetween the show. You having it cranking then the short interview comes on and you have to keep turning it up and down

It's been a long time since I watched Tokyo. I don't remember the interviews. I have the Brazilian edition DVD's. Hmmm I'll have to watch mine to see if they do that and I just forgot about it.

In similar topic, it was assumed that 2 shows at Dodger Stadium in LA are gonna be the source for Blu-ray - intresting suggestion, but, I think this fall's 2-night residencse in MSG is also very likely - a classical venue and a potentially better performance (Dodger was at the beggining of the tour, just after a warm-up and Axl's leg issue). However, I hope to get HD pro-shot of one entire concert, cause it's much more cooler than a mix of some and feels more natural. But in this case we need a show with both Patience and Don't Cry and until this very moment there are only 3 of them. Friends Arena Show was really cool, with great setlist and Axl even added "With you ass in the air" in You Could Be Mine, what he did quite often in 90s but not in 2000s. Unfortunately it's hard to imagine, that a foreign venue would be shot for the entire concert. Hameenlina was also amazing, but there were some technical diffuculties and really hard venue for "Pro-Shot". Madrid? Good show, legendary venue, but not so wild, as I think. And at the beggining of the leg, again. So, would like to see or the whole show, or the mix of the best perfomances of an each song - such approach would be better than just 2-shows doubtfull recognized "the best". And it's really intresting what will happen in Inglewood - the last stop of the tour. I really hope for another 3rd August 1991. In Pro Shot. And Longer than Bruce Sprngsteen 2012. 

13 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

In similar topic, it was assumed that 2 shows at Dodger Stadium in LA are gonna be the source for Blu-ray - intresting suggestion, but, I think this fall's 2-night residencse in MSG is also very likely - a classical venue and a potentially better performance (Dodger was at the beggining of the tour, just after a warm-up and Axl's leg issue). However, I hope to get HD pro-shot of one entire concert, cause it's much more cooler than a mix of some and feels more natural. But in this case we need a show with both Patience and Don't Cry and until this very moment there are only 3 of them. Friends Arena Show was really cool, with great setlist and Axl even added "With you ass in the air" in You Could Be Mine, what he did quite often in 90s but not in 2000s. Unfortunately it's hard to imagine, that a foreign venue would be shot for the entire concert. Hameenlina was also amazing, but there were some technical diffuculties and really hard venue for "Pro-Shot". Madrid? Good show, legendary venue, but not so wild, as I think. And at the beggining of the leg, again. So, would like to see or the whole show, or the mix of the best perfomances of an each song - such approach would be better than just 2-shows doubtfull recognized "the best". And it's really intresting what will happen in Inglewood - the last stop of the tour. I really hope for another 3rd August 1991. In Pro Shot. And Longer than Bruce Sprngsteen 2012. 

Well we're very likely to get that with Rock In Rio this year, at least...