Baby Driver

RussTCB

Anyone else see this?

I had zero interest in it but had a buddy just RAVE about it so I caved and saw it last night. Thought it was good overall but not anywhere near as good as he said it was. Seemed about 20 minutes too long too. 

I haven't seen it but was thinking of going tonight based on the overwhelming positive feedback I've heard online. I know though that it won't meet those expectations. My guess is I'll watch it, roll my eyes a lot and think it was just ok.  I've heard some people saying best movie of the year so far. I can't see it. 

22 minutes ago, Bono said:

I haven't seen it but was thinking of going tonight based on the overwhelming positive feedback I've heard online. I know though that it won't meet those expectations. My guess is I'll watch it, roll my eyes a lot and think it was just ok.  I've heard some people saying best movie of the year so far. I can't see it. 

I'm not movie expert but I wouldn't say it's the best this year by any means. There's MORE than enough in it to roll your eyes at but it's fun overall. 

Ok, just got back from seeing this tonight, I thought it was absolutely fantastic! Yet more brilliance from Edgar Wright, the lad is just unreal! I must admit at the beginning with the first couple of scenes where Baby's listening to his music and dancing and stuff, I thought it might become annoying, as someone said above, a bit too self-conciously hip but as it got deeper into the story and the reason why he listens to music all the time, the more I liked the character and was totally won over. I don't know if I'm just getting soft as I get older but I found some of it really quite touching at times. Jamie Foxx, John Hamm and Kevin Spacey were all very good, the action was great and there were some good laughs, the Michael Myers mask gag was great, and obviously with music playing such a big part, the soundtrack was excellent. I can definitely see why some would find it a bit too hip and stylish but that's what Edgar Wright does and he does it better than anyone else. I hadn't read all the hype in advance so maybe that added to my enjoyment of it as well. Top marks from me.