REUNION - WHAT BOTHERS YOU

frank1977

Hi guys,

first of all i am a big fan and I have been super excited for the reunion but there are things that really starts pissing me off about this long waited reunion.

what bothers you most about the reunion?

To me is as follows:

1: songs like KOHD - the intro of PC - the end of SCOM should be back as they were played until 2007

2: AXL - for the respect of the fans and for all the money earned during this tour - should tke care of his voice and lose weight and maybe Duff could help

3: If in a year they don't release new music all this reunion thing is just about nostalgia for the fans and money for them

• Like 1

The thing that bothers me the most is the lack of interviews or any information whatssoever regarding anything. That's pretty much it. As for Axl's weight - this is just ridiculous. The man is a 100 times more fit than most contemporary guys in their twenties or thirties...

• Like 3

If I desired a reunion it would have consisted of an album first, and had Stradlin - my favourite Guns member - and (preferably) Adler. Once you get over the ''Axl and Slash on stage again'' thing there is nothing really there of interest. It just seems like a Kiss tour, something unbelievably static, expensive and uninteresting.

That said, I do not think Rose is as bad as some say and the three seem happy. I'd go as far to say Rose looks energised more than any of the new gnr era. It is probably worth seeing at least once - I might have been tempted if it came to Manchester. It is certainly better than the entire 2001 - 14 era (although that is not saying much!).

There are positives and negatives really, but it could have been so much more.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

I wish they would have other managers. It is an incomplete reunion. So I hope Izzy and Adler could make their way back in the band at some point. The total lack of commmunication and information from their part. I don't get why they have social media accounts because 99% of what they post is idiotic bullshit. I think it was unfair and unnecessary all the hype and mystery games with the announcement of the arena shows. Their fan club sucks. So far more than a reunion it looks like it is the CD tour featuring Salsh and Duff.  I don't underdstand why Blackhole Sun is still being played. I'm sorry that Cornell die. But Soungarden never was my cup of tea, nor the Grunge music. No problem with a tribute to Cornell at one show. But there are so many amazing GN'R songs that could be played instead. I don't think the Apollo Theater show is the right way to celebrate AFD anniversary.

• Like 1

-Izzy not being there is my biggest disappointment (no classic lineup- it's not really a reunion )

- Like others have already mentioned - the way  they handle their social media /PR, etc. leaves a lot to be desired 

- I'm a hopeless romantic and still no "Get In the Ring" on the setlist :P

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

The lack of Izzy and Steven. The presence of the blue haired pokemon and the drummer. <_<

No love for Melissa? TBH if I could see the AFD 5 on stage, I wouldn't care if there were 12 Melissas and New York philharmonic up there with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loot Man said:

Izzy is out, that what bothers me the most. Of course Steven too, but Izzy is the missing link. 

Btw, I don´t understand this Axl weight discussion. He is in good shape for 55-years old. 

Because the people not let's go young Axl? ?

3 hours ago, Loot Man said:

Izzy is out, that what bothers me the most. Of course Steven too, but Izzy is the missing link. 

Btw, I don´t understand this Axl weight discussion. He is in good shape for 55-years old. 

Well Izzy is also 55 and he is in better shape than Axl. Although Axl has improved from the NuGN'R days. I think with Axl it is the whole pakage, not just his belly (Slash has a belly as well) but his face looks bloated, his weird hair cut, the hats( I think he would look better if he wears a baseball cap) and too much jewelry. Last but not least his voice, still there are ups and downs.

For me it's the ticket prices.

The shows have been great! I went to see the band in Toronto and it was such a great time. Looking back, I remember it was after they played Chinese Democracy that I realized what I was seeing.

I just can't do it again at this time.

The last gig was just over a year ago and the set list is almost the exact same.

2017 is the first time since I first went to a Guns gig in 2002, that I won't be going when they are in my neck of the woods.

Axl weight, Axl weight, Axl weight...Stop with this please.. Leave people alone with Axl weight please. I like the 2017 Axl. If you want, you can go see Bono pics.

Seen 3 shows in this reunion (Belgium, France and Holland) and his voice was great (especially at Nijmegen imo). Don't forget that He's running on the stage more than 3 hours. If people want perfection,  seat him on a wheelchair during the entire show (What, already done ? Did'nt know, my bad :P).

Ps : sorry for my english.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 6:02 PM, Corben01 said:

Axl weight, Axl weight, Axl weight...Stop with this please.. Leave people alone with Axl weight please. I like the 2017 Axl. If you want, you can go see Bono pics.

Seen 3 shows in this reunion (Belgium, France and Holland) and his voice was great (especially at Nijmegen imo). Don't forget that He's running on the stage more than 3 hours. If people want perfection,  seat him on a wheelchair during the entire show (What, already done ? Did'nt know, my bad :P).

Ps : sorry for my english.

Axl is fat. Sorry, did this hurt you? I hope it didn't. Leave people alone to say whatever they want.

He's not running anymore. The shows may be over 3 hours. But there's at least 1hr of jams and solos. Axl gets LOTS of resting.

People don't want perfection. People want Axl being the beast he was with ACDC last year. That's fucking it.

lol Axl fans.