If AFD5 were to be realized, how much would you be willing to pay for tickets to the gig?

ticket prices are high enough as they are.

for all my enthusiasm for the appetite 5, i'm not even sure i'd be bothered to go see them. it'd be not much different than what we have now anyway.

if you stand at the front row, you barely see steven at all. a bass drum sounds like a bass drum, and in the excitement of the moment you lose track of all the fine details.

i've seen slash with Axl. it is enough. 1987 will not happen again, in any way, shape or form. want AFD5? play the record. it sounds as fresh as it ever did.

• Like 3

Nothing. Because you can't go back in time and recreate the excitement of 1986, no matter how hard they try. And also because I don't enjoy live concerts for the most part and it'd just be seeing the same songs I've already seen live numerous times before. "Repetition never made my world go round" - Prince.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

Idk... Probably whatever the price is now for a nosebleed. They already blew their chance at doing the reunion right initially. 

I may not even go to the arena show in the fall because tickets are so pricey, if it was the original gang Id def go for at least a nosebleed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would probably pay more for the 2002 line-up

Well, I would not pay for that  shit. Like a bad nightmare. 

Interesting how negative attitude here is for the original band.  Of course everybody has their own opinions,  but I´m still amazed.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

$0.00. 

No interest in seeing the AFD5 or probably GNR ever again. 

I'd pay $150 for a New GNR show. I'd pay $300 for a one night orchestra show at the Hollywood Bowl.

Only when they will release CD II. Because they haven't enough songs with orchestral arrangements. The orchestra should play at lest 14-15 songs.

50 minutes ago, action said:

ticket prices are high enough as they are.

for all my enthusiasm for the appetite 5, i'm not even sure i'd be bothered to go see them. it'd be not much different than what we have now anyway.

if you stand at the front row, you barely see steven at all. a bass drum sounds like a bass drum, and in the excitement of the moment you lose track of all the fine details.

i've seen slash with Axl. it is enough. 1987 will not happen again, in any way, shape or form. want AFD5? play the record. it sounds as fresh as it ever did.

I think Izzy being in the band would add 14 Years, Pretty Tied up, Dust n Bones, Think About You or Bad Obsession.  I'm not saying those songs are gonna be played every show. But they would be in the mixed. And the set list would be more interesting. Besides Adler could add a drums solo. And he would have his chance to show if he can handle UYI songs. About the tickets, I guess they would be more expensive but nothing extremely expensive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Loot Man said:

Well, I would not pay for that  shit. Like a bad nightmare. 

Interesting how negative attitude here is for the original band.  Of course everybody has their own opinions,  but I´m still amazed.

Don't get me wrong, I would pay to see the AfD5. I'm just a bigger fan of the Buckethead/Finck line-ups. 

30 euros is the most I would pay at the moment. Seeing GNR live again doesn't interest me at all, unless they release new music. Adding Izzy and Steven to the mix wouldn't change anything. Seeing Slash and Axl together was cool, but in general nostalgia bands don't interest me. I want new music.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even with this dilapidated reunion they couldn't be arsed to come further north than London - not even to Manchester or Glasgow which most other bands play - so it probably wouldn't happen for me I'm afraid.

You could always venture down south, you can stay at mine or @Len Cnut 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Nothing. Because you can't go back in time and recreate the excitement of 1986, no matter how hard they try. And also because I don't enjoy live concerts for the most part and it'd just be seeing the same songs I've already seen live numerous times before. "Repetition never made my world go round" - Prince.

That's it. 

Seeing them in their prime is one thing. Seeing them at this stage in their career, playing songs they created thirty years ago.....that's like banging the hottest girl from your high school. But when she's 45 and has five kids. Not quite the same as when you guys were 18 years old and she was the head cheerleader. 

If the original five put out a new album and toured it at a small venue, where they also played some deep cuts  - then I would pay some loot to go see it. But paying $300 to see Axl and Slash play Its So Easy for the 1,826th time together? No thanks. 

And smal venues kill large ones. Yes, the excitement of 50,000 people is pretty cool. But as I get older I would much rather go see a B-level band at a tiny venue than an A-level band with 75,000 other people. I just saw Junkard at a 300 seat club. I talked with band members before the show. You could leave the rail and go the bathroom or get a drink and just casually walk back to your spot. During the show the band members are a few feet away and giving you high fives. After the show the band is drinking and hanging out with the crowd. I will take that over being 50 yards away from Axl, in a crowd of 70,000 people and then u can wait three hours in front of the bus or hotel in hopes he will walk by and sign something. 

36 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

30 euros is the most I would pay at the moment. Seeing GNR live again doesn't interest me at all, unless they release new music. Adding Izzy and Steven to the mix wouldn't change anything. Seeing Slash and Axl together was cool, but in general nostalgia bands don't interest me. I want new music.

?????????

Not more than this time around. I still don't get the sudden price increase of concerts. Nearly every big act is suddenly over 100€, often twice or more expensive as their last tour. But yeah, would be cool. But hopefully Arenas, not Stadiums.

Nothing, because: 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

They already blew their chance at doing the reunion right initially. 

And

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Because you can't go back in time and recreate the excitement of 1986, no matter how hard they try.

Also, I'm happy with the shows I saw last year. Had a blast, and took some cool little trips to see them. Spent a TON of money I didn't have. Don't regret a thing, but I won't do it again just because its the full band. They blew their load last year, and that WAS the big reunion as far as the public is concerned. I'd be just as happy to see see Izzy (with Adler too, why not?) in a little club on their own now than with GNR.

• Like 1

Just now, Wagszilla said:

You know you're my friend buddy but I don't entirely agree here.

New GNR was a shoddy operation because they didn't have the funding to get it off the ground.

This tour gives the Big 3 retirement money and potentially the ability to rebuild the GNR business entity. 

We don't know when the operation became stable. Axl said he was working for awhile on getting the band in order.

The real test is the next 6 months / after the tour ends in LA. 

I love the reunion, and I'm satisfied with what we got last year. I'm just saying, that was "it". If they all of the sudden get Izzy and Steven back in the fold full time, it won't be a fraction of the hype or hoopla that came last year.

• Like 1