If AFD5 were to be realized, how much would you be willing to pay for tickets to the gig?

The original 5 has no appeal to me anymore other than for curiosity sake. I probably wouldn't pay anything at this point. The only way I'd pay now to see GnR is if I happened to be in the same city at the time they were playing a  show and even then I might not go.  The original 5 has been absolutely tainted in terms of a touring draw in my opinion. having ti happen now wouldn't really change anything.  Izzy has played with Axl and with the other guys enough over the years and Steven has played on this tour so to see all 5 together now wouldn't be all that special. Would it be cool? Sure but I can't see why anyone would pay extraordinary amounts of money for it now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

That's it. 

Seeing them in their prime is one thing. Seeing them at this stage in their career, playing songs they created thirty years ago.....that's like banging the hottest girl from your high school. But when she's 45 and has five kids. Not quite the same as when you guys were 18 years old and she was the head cheerleader. 

If the original five put out a new album and toured it at a small venue, where they also played some deep cuts  - then I would pay some loot to go see it. But paying $300 to see Axl and Slash play Its So Easy for the 1,826th time together? No thanks. 

And smal venues kill large ones. Yes, the excitement of 50,000 people is pretty cool. But as I get older I would much rather go see a B-level band at a tiny venue than an A-level band with 75,000 other people. I just saw Junkard at a 300 seat club. I talked with band members before the show. You could leave the rail and go the bathroom or get a drink and just casually walk back to your spot. During the show the band members are a few feet away and giving you high fives. After the show the band is drinking and hanging out with the crowd. I will take that over being 50 yards away from Axl, in a crowd of 70,000 people and then u can wait three hours in front of the bus or hotel in hopes he will walk by and sign something. 

?????????

But the hottest girl in highschool can't fuck properly compared to the 45 years old woman. That's not a good comparison at all ;)

IF GNR were to ever play a club tour again, you'd have to be extremely lucky to get a ticket.

Just now, Free Bird said:

But the hottest girl in highschool can't fuck properly compared to the 45 years old woman. That's not a good comparison at all ;)

IF GNR were to ever play a club tour again, you'd have to be extremely lucky to get a ticket.

The 45 year old might be a milf?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

$0.00. 

No interest in seeing the AFD5 or probably GNR ever again.

This kind of attitude makes me wonder why those that share it bother signing into a site like this so darn regularly. I mean, if you don't really like or care about the band -- what's the point? I don't frequent websites dedicated to those I don't care about, so I can't relate. I only spend my time on things that excite or that I have passion for. Someone please explain it to me.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, thunderram said:

This kind of attitude makes me wonder why those that share it bother signing into a site like this so darn regularly. I mean, if you don't really like or care about the band -- what's the point? I don't frequent websites dedicated to those I don't care about, so I can't relate. I only spend my time on things that excite or that I have passion for. Someone please explain it to me.

Well....you are responding to a guy's post/opinion that you don't like......

It would depend.....I'd spend way more for a one time AFD5 show (meaning it would be the only time they all played together) than I would to see a show on a tour....also would spend more to see them all reunite for the first time than a show on a regular tour.

Difficult question to answer without knowing the exact circumstances.   But, I would spend more if it was a "special" show.  but, just one show on a tour, probably about the same as I would now, just b/c I'd balk at spending more for what should have been in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Right. I think they probably wanted Izzy in the band (3 guitarist lineup, Izzy as Izzy, Slash as Slash, Fortus as Izzy / Shredder) but that didn't work out.

Steven was always going to be a special appearance.

Besides that, they didn't have the ability to release an album which I thought was what you were getting at. Press to destabilize their band cohesion and risk investors from getting cold feet was never going to happen. 

I think the whole thing is a borderline miracle in and of itself. Axl / DC, China Exchange, Axl/Duff interview, and lots of CD songs are icing on the cake.

The good news is there's potential for cool shit in the future. The ball is in their court.  Let's see what they do with it. 

Well said

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What @ZoSoRose said.

TBH, I'd pay double whatever those prices were to see a theatre show with just Axl on piano and a guitar player - doesn't have to be Slash or Bucket or Robin or whoever, just a decent guitar player. Just play CD-era songs, jams and covers, and end with NR. :devilshades:

I heard Pharrell Williams say that once in an interview. Something about making an Axl and acoustic guitar player as act and tour it. I was shocked he said that. This was years ago during a period of inactivity.

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I heard Pharrell Williams say that once in an interview. Something about making an Axl and acoustic guitar player as act and tour it. I was shocked he said that. This was years ago during a period of inactivity.

Never heard that, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

$0.00. 

No interest in seeing the AFD5 or probably GNR ever again. 

I'd pay $150 for a New GNR show.

Which New Guns lineup are we talking about? The bumblefoot/ashba version is an abomination.

I'd pay to see the '01/'02 lineup but those 2002 bootlegs were pretty bad (mostly due to Axl). 

I'd pay $300 for a one night orchestra show at the Hollywood Bowl.

Well...this is an interesting thought. I'd be down for that potentially. This is the type of stuff I was hoping for from Axl when he decided to go solo. 

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't go out of my way to post negative opinions. I don't like people like that. 

I care about the band but if they don't give me a product I care about then I'm no longer interested in that business. Capitalism. Vote with your $. 

I come to MyGNR and Evo because I like some of the people and I like talking about Guns N' Roses franchise (1985-Present), largely the 2002 band, and to check in if there's any new news. 

I'm with you here but I thought you were a follower of Axl? Any potential output from him would be of interest, no? Wouldn't you buy a new album put out by the AFD 5 or this current lineup?

If I were a betting man, the only thing we're getting is an eventual "vault cleaning" box set at some point and that's fine by me. There is nothing they can do at this point which will top 20 yrs of prime era material locked in the vault.

As some have said, they have already blown their chance.. I blew a ton of money flying to Vegas already in hopes that I was going to see Izzy and Steven there.. I can't spend that kind of money anymore.. If I had known what the lineup was going to be I would have never done it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I may not even go to the arena show in the fall because tickets are so pricey, if it was the original gang Id def go for at least a nosebleed

So fucking ridiculous.. The Boston show is selling pretty slowly.. It is sad really.. They should have sold the arena out in a day but the prices are just too damn high.. All the "cheap" seats are gone and those were still $100 after fees.. But there are still a ton of floor and loge seats.. $280 bucks after fees...

• Like 1

It depends on what I'm able to pay. I have a family and won't change plans or life just to make it happen.

That said, all in all I spent 2000€ to see them on this tour and I have zero regrets I did. It was absolutely worth it and I'd be totaly in if they'll do a full reunion tour.

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So fucking ridiculous.. The Boston show is selling pretty slowly.. It is sad really.. They should have sold the arena out in a day but the prices are just too damn high.. All the "cheap" seats are gone and those were still $100 after fees.. But there are still a ton of floor and loge seats.. $280 bucks after fees...

Its fucking awful, man. You were right all along.

I can't believe I may skip a GNR because of the price, but fuck, Detroit nosebleeds are like 150 right now. What the fuck? I have NEVER seen a band charge that much (except the Stones or the Vegas GNR shows). I paid 250 for a shitty Stones arena seat years ago because I thought it was my last chance to see them. Same with GNR in Vegas. I don't regret it, but never again. Why should I do it for GNR when I have seen this show 3 times already in the past year-year and a half? If the Stones came again and charged that much, I'd skip them too here. I've already seen all these "bucket list" bands so why bother forking up so much now?

• Like 3

Enough with nostalgia already, an AFD30 celebration would be great, one night, play all the classics, but...

They're beating the classics every night, Axl and Slash are together again, I got the "reunion" I needed and the only thing that would make me pay more is a new show with a new album.

• Like 1

I wouldn't pay what I've paid recently. It would be just like it was in the fall when the novelty of Axl and Slash had worn off. Then we'll hear bitching about how Izzy doesn't move around as much or how Steven added a fill to Mr. Brownstone that he shouldn't have. 

• Like 1