If AFD5 were to be realized, how much would you be willing to pay for tickets to the gig?

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I've already seen all these "bucket list" bands so why bother forking up so much now?

Oh god Zoso, this is what is wrong with rock music today. I'm sorry but you've just displayed it in this line. Music shouldn't be something to see ''before they die'', or, ''before you die''!! It should be this organic, creative and (vaguely) contemporary experience.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

As some have said, they have already blown their chance.. I blew a ton of money flying to Vegas already in hopes that I was going to see Izzy and Steven there.. I can't spend that kind of money anymore.. If I had known what the lineup was going to be I would have never done it. 

it's still fakegnr, even with slash.

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Never heard that, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

This is from 2002.

Were you a rock fan as a kid?

I've been a Michael Jackson fan all my life. Stevie Wonder, too. And Queen. When I was a kid, you watched MTV just to watch it [sings fragment of Yes' "Owner of a Lonely Heart"]. Then, in the seventh grade, we moved to suburban America, and I started hearing "Livin' on a Prayer," all that shit. Good music is good music. I still think Axl Rose is one of the biggest rock stars we've ever seen. I would love to sign that guy and put him on the road as a dope-ass acoustic act. Who's that kid who sang, "I'm a cowboy/On a steel horse I ride"?

If there will be an AFD 5 show it would be a one off thing and I don`t think an AFD 5 reunion show will be about money.  Most likely it will be a  PR stunt like they did in their first show in the troubadour. Invited guests and some hundred tickets for lucky die hard fans for a symbolic or normal price.

About ticket prices: yes they are crazy expensive, but in my eyes it was worth it. Have seen them 4 times across the globe on this tour and for me as a big fan it was totally worth it. However the prices have hit the maximum I would pay for any show. Having said that, it seems to become a trend to raise ticket prices to the absolut maximum. Just saw Aerosmith on their farewell tour, and mediocre seats were about 160USD, which is crazy for Europe. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry still have an amazing amount of energy and it was a fun experience, but I think we have reached a breaking point for ticket prices. 

I could imagine Izzy and Steven at some of the AfD, Lies and UYI songs at the July 20 concerts. But the main line-up would be Ax, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy ad Melissa

Edited by Sosso

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh god Zoso, this is what is wrong with rock music today. I'm sorry but you've just displayed it in this line. Music shouldn't be something to see ''before they die'', or, ''before you die''!! It should be this organic, creative and (vaguely) contemporary experience.

Yeah, but there are certain bands I wanted to "experience" in person. I've seen like all of them, now, so its all good lol

4 hours ago, supercool said:

it's still fakegnr, even with slash.

I dunno if I would say that but it is definitely borderline.. They are just barely good enough for me to feel comfortable calling them Gn'R... Sometimes they sound really good and just as many times they don't.. It is definitely the worst lineup Slash and Duff have ever been a part of.. Still better than nothing I suppose.

We went to the (2nd) Chicago show last year only because we were in the city for the holiday weekend and ended up getting decent, cheap tickets from a friend. This summer we are going to the show in our hometown. But if we had paid full price last summer, we would have skipped it.  I enjoyed last year's show, I'll enjoy this year's, but I've contributed enough of my cold hard cash to their retirement funds.

It will never just be AFD5,  it would be AFD5 plus Melissa and Dizzy and Fortus and Frank.   That's unwieldy.

We've seen Steven, that was nice. If Izzy came out of the mist to play a few tunes that would be great. I'd watch the hell out of those videos. But I don't feel the need to spend $500 to stand a mile away from them in a stadium and watch Fortus creep on Izzy on a video screen. 

4 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

We went to the (2nd) Chicago show last year only because we were in the city for the holiday weekend and ended up getting decent, cheap tickets from a friend. This summer we are going to the show in our hometown. But if we had paid full price last summer, we would have skipped it.  I enjoyed last year's show, I'll enjoy this year's, but I've contributed enough of my cold hard cash to their retirement funds.

It will never just be AFD5,  it would be AFD5 plus Melissa and Dizzy and Fortus and Frank.   That's unwieldy.

We've seen Steven, that was nice. If Izzy came out of the mist to play a few tunes that would be great. I'd watch the hell out of those videos. But I don't feel the need to spend $500 to stand a mile away from them in a stadium and watch Fortus creep on Izzy on a video screen. 

If you spent $500 on a ticket that was a mile away, you're a sucker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Not a mile away though....that's ridiculous.

I don't think so. It's no more ridiculous than charging $2,500 for a "signature VIP experience" that doesn't get you shit.  Or $85 for a fan club that isn't worth anything. I agree that suckers pay those prices, but the band will charge whatever they think they can get away with.  And apparently, they can get away with a lot. 

10 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I don't think so. It's no more ridiculous than charging $2,500 for a "signature VIP experience" that doesn't get you shit.  Or $85 for a fan club that isn't worth anything. I agree that suckers pay those prices, but the band will charge whatever they think they can get away with.  And apparently, they can get away with a lot. 

You're missing the point...no one is paying $500 to sit a mile away.  Your over-exaggeration is assanine.  I agree I wouldn't pay for VIP and don't belong to the fan club as I think those are a rip-off too.  But I've paid $300 to be 10 yards or less from the stage (twice for NITL)  id probably pay up to $500 for a similar spot for AFD 5 given the caveats I've already noted.

Edited by tsinindy

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You're missing the point...no one is paying $500 to sit a mile away.  Your over-exaggeration is assanine.  I agree I wouldn't pay for VIP and don't belong to the fan club as I think those are a rip-off too.  But I've paid $300 to be 10 yards or less from the stage (twice for NITL,  id probably pay up to $500 for a similar spot for AFD 5 given the caveats I've already noted.

Oh, I see now, thanks. I shouldn't have exaggerated.  I didn't realize the phrase "a mile away" would be taken literally or be quite so upsetting. I sincerely apologize. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I dunno if I would say that but it is definitely borderline.. They are just barely good enough for me to feel comfortable calling them Gn'R... Sometimes they sound really good and just as many times they don't.. It is definitely the worst lineup Slash and Duff have ever been a part of.. Still better than nothing I suppose.

More than half of the current members shouldn't be there... It's as simple as that.

€100-150 max. I honestly don't think any band is worth more than that... don't let the concert industry big wigs win by buying into their system of it's a big attraction, so open those wallets and purses wide". There needs to be caps placed on ticket prices.

My theory is that because the arsehole fell out of the album industry, all these acts started to rip-off their fans through ticket pricing to recoup their album loss. They were all greedy bastards at the end of the day - every last one of them. It is a rather sad way for the rock scene, much of which was the music I grew up with, to end up. There was little integrity, rebellion or creativity once they realised they could no longer make millions from studio albums.

• Like 1