Would Axl sound good on Anastasia?

48 minutes ago, Ant said:

They should just rip out Dr Alibi with Axl's deep voice. Do it as a Lemmy tribute, inject some energy mid set. Get over the apparent barrier. It's fun and not too serious. 

Anastasia could quickly become ridiculous. I don't think Axl could make that song his own. 

I think Anastasia (rearranged in the right way and with new vocals) could be named in a row with Coma and Locomotive as Axl/Slash masterpieces.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thunderram said:

Please clarify what you're referring to, Axl's falsetto nowadays or back in his prime? Either way, I think you're crazy. But the 2nd scenario is certainly crazier than the 1st. :blink:

Now obviously on both scenarios... Myles sounds way better than Axl on Sweet Child these days..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Now obviously on both scenarios... Myles sounds way better than Axl on Sweet Child these days..

That's what I figured you meant, just wanted to be sure. I'm a big Slash/Myles fan (and a Snakepit/VR fan, same as you I believe) and I agree that Myles is good on those tunes but I still can't place his versions above AXL even on a poor performance day (sans Bridge School). But that's just me. :)

But I fully agree with those that believe Slash, Brent Fitz, Todd Kerns and even Frank Sidoris do a better job instrumentally on all the GN'R material that they play than the current GN'R lineup and I don't think it's close.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 2:38 PM, Free Bird said:

I don't know what's more worse, You're A Lie or Standing In The Sun. Both terrible single choices IMO. As is Beautiful Dangerous. 

The 1st two are terrific songs. The 3rd one, not so much to me.

On 11/07/2017 at 10:27 PM, J Dog said:

I'm not saying he can't sing, he can belt it out for sure. His voice just has a sound that my ears can't take but so much of, not even sure how to explain it. I'd say 2 or 3 songs in a row is the max I can listen to him.

This might sound really bad and I swear I don't hate the guy or trying to bury him here, but he almost sounds like a guy who won American Idol or something. Like his voice has no personality, he can just sing. If that makes any damn sense.

Like what you said about him being consistent, he's almost too consistent for me. It's like he has that one tone and that's it. Boring maybe?

But it's all good. If you like his voice then blast that motherfucker then :lol:

Let's be honest, his voice is really fucking annoying. :lol:

I actually really liked Alter Bridge's first album as well, for some reason it sounded far less annoying on that one, just more controlled and easier on the ears. Over time though, the wailing has got totally out of hand, way over the top and is just deeply annoying. :lol: That American Idol thing is absolutely spot on as well.

23 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Let's be honest, his voice is really fucking annoying. :lol:

I actually really liked Alter Bridge's first album as well, for some reason it sounded far less annoying on that one, just more controlled and easier on the ears. Over time though, the wailing has got totally out of hand, way over the top and is just deeply annoying. :lol: That American Idol thing is absolutely spot on as well.

I was trying to take it easy on the guy but yeah, he's annoying af :lol:

Like on Slash's solo album, I can handle Back to Cali, that's no so bad to me. But the other one, the starbright song, that is fucking rough. I can't even make it through that whole song anymore.

Kinda sucks because I enjoy a lot of the guitars and music on Slash and the Conspirators, but he just kills it for me. I can't even listen to them.

• Like 1