Melissa

I think she's really underrated. Her background vocals are really good and she can sing.

As for her playing the keys, well, that's the fate of keyboard players, you often just provide the layer for everything else, it's barely noticeable but you'll notice if it's not there. So can't judge her on that, but I'll assume she knows what she's doing there, too. ;)

• Like 1

With regards to her background singing I only like *really* noticed it during one song when I saw Guns back in June, and it sounded REALLY good...but of course I can't remember what song that was now....Other than that she was very anonymous.

Edited by Nostalgia^

There you can hear her:

Since people often post they don't know what she's doing on stage, I assume she does things like the violines on November Rain, things that are just there, you don't really notice it, but you would notice if they weren't. That nobody complained about things not being there at concerts seems to indicate she's doing a pretty good job. ;)

1 minute ago, Zurimor said:

There you can hear her:

Since people often post they don't know what she's doing on stage, I assume she does things like the violines on November Rain, things that are just there, you don't really notice it, but you would notice if they weren't. That nobody complained about things not being there at concerts seems to indicate she's doing a pretty good job. ;)

Here's the thing...you don't have to have evey little sound that is on a recorded version of a song when you are playing live.  there's nothing wrong if that is the case, but sometimes different versions of live songs that are stripped down actually sound really fucking good and it isn't always necessary to include dead weight such as Melissa....though I will say her backing vocals are super.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Here's the thing...you don't have to have evey little sound that is on a recorded version of a song when you are playing live.  there's nothing wrong if that is the case, but sometimes different versions of live songs that are stripped down actually sound really fucking good and it isn't always necessary to include dead weight such as Melissa....though I will say her backing vocals are super.  

I think people would riot if they stripped down the violines of NR ;)

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

As compared to the rioting for having a worthless extra member on stage?  OK then lol

You're missing the point of this thread, she's not worthless, not at all, but underrated. :P

Her backing vocals are really superb (although I dont feel that video is the best evidence of this).  But its unfair how some people go on about Axl not taking care of his voice: Melissa is the one getting lit on sugar before gigs, which is terrible for the voice.

I call her M-Sugarzeezee and she slays on Chinese Democracy 

Edited by soon