Watch Weezer Channel Guns N' Roses in 'Feels Like Summer' Video

22 minutes ago, Bono said:

Holy fuck that song is shit. I gte evolving as an artist but how does this garbage happen? Whatever happened to the band that made songs like this

He poured out his soul on those Pinkerton songs and his bandmates and most of the fans hated it, Rolling Stone magazine even called it the second worst album of 1996, so he started writing songs without any emotions. And the band got success again, but their music suffered for it. Although their last album was pretty good... not Blue album or Pinkerton good, but a good rock album. This song is indeed terrible, though.

this one is off of their latest record, and sounds more like classic Weezer

Edited by EvanG

I don't hate the homage, but I gotta be honest, I feel the song is terrible. I genuinely like a lot of Weezers music (perfect situation, Beverly Hills, etc) so I'm not just a "first two albums" fan. So if I liked the song, id be fine with it. Honestly if I met Rivers personally I would ask him "do you think that song is good enough to stand next to paradise city?" Doing a video like this, you are just asking for THAT comparison. That's where THIS video fails, at least for me.

If the song had a unique video, than it could stand up (or in this scenario suck) all on its own. All this video does is make me want to watch Paradsie City to erase this image/song.

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To me this is the worst song they have ever done. I lost most of my faith in this band after that awful, awful song.

He played a guitar solo at a time when nobody else was. That's the biggest reason why I like that song. Perfect Situation is my favorite song from that album.

Which as much as we bitch about Axl, I don't mind that he is picky. I'm not saying another album or two would not of been awesome, because as a fan we want as much music as we can get. Having said that, I DO like that Guns doesn't have a catalogue full of crap albums like most other bands do. Say what you want about CD, but it's still LIGHT YEARS a head of most other bands "crap" albums. I don't mind some of the quality control mentality. Having said that, I DO want either 1 more album or at least a few new songs. I don't want 5 more albums with each one getting worse and worse, which is what happens with all other bands.

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

He played a guitar solo at a time when nobody else was. That's the biggest reason why I like that song. Perfect Situation is my favorite song from that album.

I agree that the guitar solo is alright, I always liked his solos anyway, except on the Green album when he was keeping it as simple as possible. Perfect Situation is one of the best songs on Make Believe, the rest of the album, with the exception of a few other songs, is ''meh''.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I agree that the guitar solo is alright, I always liked his solos anyway, except on the Green album when he was keeping it as simple as possible. Perfect Situation is one of the best songs on Make Believe, the rest of the album, with the exception of a few other songs, is ''meh''.

Agreed. 

I was mostly making the point that I DO like Weezer, so when I said I don't like their new song I didn't want to be accused of being "crazy Axl defender". That term gets thrown around a lot, lol. 

As for Beverly Hills, it's ok imo. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I DO like most of that album though. Well, actually I like SOME of that album, but find most of it to be filler. I really like Perfect Situation though, it's really the reason why I bought that album. IMO I would honestly put it a head of Say it ain't So as Weezers best song. But thats just me, I know most will say "Say it ain't so is the best Weezer song."

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Agreed. 

I was mostly making the point that I DO like Weezer, so when I said I don't like their new song I didn't want to be accused of being "crazy Axl defender". That term gets thrown around a lot, lol. 

As for Beverly Hills, it's ok imo. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I DO like most of that album though. Well, actually I like SOME of that album, but find most of it to be filler. I really like Perfect Situation though, it's really the reason why I bought that album. IMO I would honestly put it a head of Say it ain't So as Weezers best song. But thats just me, I know most will say "Say it ain't so is the best Weezer song."

Across The Sea might be their best, in my opinion. Heartfelt lyrics, great dynamics. That's why I dislike Beverly Hills so much... he went from such an emotional song about his youth and angst to a song with lyrics that go... ''Beverly Hills, that's where I want to be, gimme gimme, living in Beverly Hills''. But each to his own obviously. Perfect Situation is excellent, it's almost Pinkerton worthy.

• Like 1