11/03/17 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center

gunsguy

@vloors So many thanks for posting these.  

Slash is absolutely breathtaking on Catcher.  CD haters please listen to this song just to hear Slash.  His tone is beautiful.  I could listen to him all day, if only I could filter out Axl somehow. Slash is obviously very comfortable with playing Prostitute now since he seems to be going into 'busy' mode with his solos, which I'm not fond of, but the song can bear it, so it's ok.

• Like 1

Got to take my wife, sister, and mom (her first time seeing them) to this show. I've seen them all over the US, and they FINALLY came to my hometown of Louisville, KY. For the people above me, Louisville has A LOT going for it. They really missed out on what they could've done with the lithograph (Kentucky Derby, all of the bourbons they had to choose from, our glorified b-ball teams, etc)...Axl sounded great, and I met up with a lot of people that I haven't seen in years, that all agreed that this was the best show they had ever seen. Axl sounded killer on "This I Love", as he belted out a 10+ second note towards the end. Madagascar was awesome as well....just wish he could hold out the Live and Let Die screams like he used to back in 02'. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, something.always said:

You guys are sleeping on Louisville. Kentucky Derby Festival, which is a week long party, Thunder over Louisville, the nation's largest fireworks display, Louder Than Life, a 2-day rock festival similar to Rock on the Range, Forecastle, one of the country's largest summer festivals, an awesome hardcore music scene, thriving food and arts scene. Louisville rocks, as for the rest of Kentucky? Stay away.

I live in Etown and can say louisville is pretty good though they really need some Major league pro sports. Lexington is also a pretty sweet little city.

MY REVIEW OF THE GIG 

GNR came out guns blazing ripping through ISE and BROWNSTONE, AXL was on from the very start , best rasp ive heard on the whole tour of my 3 times seeing the boys live on this leg of it , SLASH KILLED Brownstone solo amazing , whole crowd shouted "fuck off " during ISE , GIVE ME CHILLS , CHINESE WAS KILLER , WTTJ was amazing and then when Franks drumbeat started DTTJ the place was ripping , Slash tore it a new on this one , even throwing in some sweep picking in g , killed it , Estranged was perfect , Civil war -wah-wah , This I love -fucking was on fire AXL'S vocals and Slash's solo were out of this world , COMA WAS THE HIGHLIGHT FOR ME PURE RAW IN YOUR FACE JAMFEST !!!

I could go over every song , DUFF was superb , the glue , Attitude kicked ass, Richard is the unsung hero , he is a bad ass performer and a great guitar player , Frank was steady , not gonna say anything bad at all - he pounded the SKINS 

I put this show up against any show the band has done on this tour  - AXL was on fire - most of the night he had the demon rasp going , best ive heard him on this tour , Make a fucking record with Slash , they sound way to good not too, AXL HAS STILL GO IT MOTHERFUCKERS -SORRY HATERS BUT HE HAS IT 

SLASH WAS A BEAST , THE STAR OF THE SHOW BUT AXL IS GETTING ON PAR WITH HIM NOW , Slash ripped every solo with perfection , the Riffs were mean  as hell , his bends were great and his vibrato was amazing , HE killed the NR solo , LOOK UP ROCK N ROLL GOD IN THE DICTIONARY AND IT WILL SHOW U SLASH , SLASH HAS MORE STAGE PRESENCE THAN ANYONE PLAYING GUITAR IN THE BUSINESS , HE IS A VIRTUOSO , H e plays effortlessly , he is a fucking  professional , BEST IN THE LAND OF ROCK N ROLL 

YUM CENTER was great venue and had amazing acoustics, BTW I was the guy fucking with the guy from the Westboro church , WHAT A IDIOT THAT CAT WAS !

OVERALL 10/10 THE KINGS OF ROCK N ROLL ARE BACK 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 4

On 11/5/2017 at 10:28 AM, Gibbo said:

I was talking to Caram C last night and he was saying that this show was his first show mixing with solid ear plugs he said it helped him mix more like he does in the studio

Where'd he say that? You can really hear how great the mix is on Catcher. 

What went wrong at start of Catcher?

He sounds really great on Catcher the whole time. I mean great for clean. Almost as good as studio. Often he's struggled and is just trying to get through it rather than singing and performing. Totally in control. Slash really fucking awesome and beautiful stuff. Tone sounds amazing. SO much better than the horrible shlock BBF ruined it with on the album. The mix is absolutely amazing. Hard to believe it's filmed from right up front. The look on Axl's face after is telling. He was really feeling and communicating the song and you can see him looking around to see how people reacted. He was proud of that. 

Man, he sounds fucking superb on Coma 3:20 hen he comes back in. I haven't watched many cuz it ain't my jam but he sounds on it like a car bonnet. 

Prostitute: Ok, WAIT A SEC. Did anyone else notice how very deliberately Axl lightly went and touched Slash's back at the exact moment he sang "Please be kind...i've done all I should?" Slash and Duff immediately looked round to him. And it wasn't the normal gestures of arm on shoulder or letting him no to step back. He tapped him lightly on "kind" then carried on walking. 

I can't help but think about some of the things being said by people possibly in the know on other forums regarding tension over the future of Guns because of Axl's alledged commitment to DC.

That was a really strangely reserved Slash solo on TIL. Total opposite of most i've heard. No shredding or twiddling, never really went anywhere or hit a crescendo. Very odd. What do others make of it?