Who is Axl talking about?

He has a whole book about his time with Axl :lol:

From what I remember about his book, He and Axl used to fuck with each other like brothers. 

Duswalt was in charge of Axls infamous teleprompter, among a lot of things as he was Axls manager from 92 to the tail end of 93. 

The teleprompter had a main "computer" that had a list of every GNR song in the catalogue and as the band would start a song, you had to choose the the song they were playing, and then switch slides once the lyrics were on a different slide. The job for this rotated amongst the crew, but Duswalt was usually the man behind it in 92. 

One night, Duswalt fucked up the teleprompter and put the lyrics to a different song up and Axl got totally lost in the song because he kept looking at the fucked up teleprompter. Well to make a new decision on the dinosaur computer, it took like 20 seconds according to Duswalt.  Axl comes off the stage for one of his mid-song breaks and gets in Duswalts face and is like "YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED" and he turned around and looked at Doug Goldstein and said something along the lines of "get this man out of here by the end of the show" and then casually went back on stage as if it were nothing at all.

By the end of the show, Axl was back to treating Duswalt like he was his manager. :shrugs:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He has a whole book about his time with Axl :lol:

From what I remember about his book, He and Axl used to fuck with each other like brothers. 

Duswalt was in charge of Axls infamous teleprompter, among a lot of things as he was Axls manager from 92 to the tail end of 93. 

The teleprompter had a main "computer" that had a list of every GNR song in the catalogue and as the band would start a song, you had to choose the the song they were playing, and then switch slides once the lyrics were on a different slide. The job for this rotated amongst the crew, but Duswalt was usually the man behind it in 92. 

One night, Duswalt fucked up the teleprompter and put the lyrics to a different song up and Axl got totally lost in the song because he kept looking at the fucked up teleprompter. Well to make a new decision on the dinosaur computer, it took like 20 seconds according to Duswalt.  Axl comes off the stage for one of his mid-song breaks and gets in Duswalts face and is like "YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED" and he turned around and looked at Doug Goldstein and said something along the lines of "get this man out of here by the end of the show" and then casually went back on stage as if it were nothing at all.

By the end of the show, Axl was back to treating Duswalt like he was his manager. :shrugs:

Was "The Beta" in these time ?

Thanks. I was in my heyday (17-18 yrs old) during this time and consider myself a die-hard but hadn't ever heard of this guy.  Interesting.  *no idea why but I stumbled on that clip above today as I was youtubing Guns at work. 

12 minutes ago, Original said:

Thanks. I was in my heyday (17-18 yrs old) during this time and consider myself a die-hard but hadn't ever heard of this guy.  Interesting.  *no idea why but I stumbled on that clip above today as I was youtubing Guns at work. 

you should get his book, there's some funny stuff in it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

FYI: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craig-Duswalt/e/B00GK9E5TW

By most accounts it reveals next to nothing, with Duswalt maintaining his loyalty to Axl 

Yeah it's not a gossipy type book but it's still quite interesting as a 'behind the scenes' read. I felt that Craig sounded more like a Nanny in some bits.

• Like 2